C4 Parfums
  • Help

Thread: C4 Parfums

Default C4 Parfums

What with Valentine's day approaching, what do you buy the Woman with Everything, including a new C4?

Scent, that's what. We've tried Vanilla which is a bit warm and sickly after a while and on the weekend slotted in some Ylang Bamboo. That's nicer; gently perfumed, fresh, not too sweet.

Advertisement

So, C4 people, any recommendations? Any of you use/like/love/loathe this feature?
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie
    What with Valentine's day approaching, what do you buy the Woman with Everything, including a new C4?

Scent, that's what. We've tried Vanilla which is a bit warm and sickly after a while and on the weekend slotted in some Ylang Bamboo. That's nicer; gently perfumed, fresh, not too sweet.

So, C4 people, any recommendations? Any of you use/like/love/loathe this feature?
    I think I'd like to have the smell of fish & chips, with salt and vinegar on wafting through my car.
    john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

wish they made a "new car smell" perfume
    only tried the ones that came with the car.....not gunna spend $30 for extra ones
    C4 Exclusive 2.0l Blanc Banquise

Quote Originally Posted by sim0n
    wish they made a "new car smell" perfume
    only tried the ones that came with the car.....not gunna spend $30 for extra ones
    Strangely, they do!!! Years ago when I worked at a citroen dealer, My job was to prepare the new car ready for the customer to collect.
    When the car arrives from the factory off the truck and covered in dirt they don't really smell of anything. It was down to the cleaner/ polisher i.e. ME to make it smell like a new car. I did this by using a scented polish on all the plastic and trim in the car. That was nearly 20 years ago now, and I can still remember the smell.
    john s

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

The new car smell is actually toxic if I remember correctly.... It's all the fumes and residues given off by the paints, plastics and leather trim (if fitted).

As for perfume in the car ... you gotta be joking ... Why would I want chemicals being released in a small enclosed space

My sister has one in her car, everytime I get in it, I either throw the thing in the glovebox or out the bloody window ... Stinking bloody chemical sh!t in the car

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Sounds like you're with me on that shane, you can't beat the smell of a nice bag of chips with salt & vinegar!

moosey

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    The new car smell is actually toxic if I remember correctly.... It's all the fumes and residues given off by the paints, plastics and leather trim (if fitted).

As for perfume in the car ... you gotta be joking ... Why would I want chemicals being released in a small enclosed space

My sister has one in her car, everytime I get in it, I either throw the thing in the glovebox or out the bloody window ... Stinking bloody chemical sh!t in the car

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Either a rotten banana or discarded fish head is a much more effective tool to control cabin odour - and they're both 100% natural and biodegradable .

Quote Originally Posted by moosey
    Either a rotten banana or discarded fish head is a much more effective tool to control cabin odour - and they're both 100% natural and biodegradable .
    But you would only do that to someone you REALLY didn't like!!
    We did that to a bus driver at work last year, we put some rotting fish in the heater ducting. I pity the poor passengers come to think of it, no I don't, they should buy a car! john s

Some time ago touring France in an AX11, we left some Pont l'eveque (?sp.) cheese under the front seat accidentally overnight. Don't suppose that would affect Shane's longevity much, but all the same...

There are chemicals coming out of every pore ATM anyway, I suspect. So a slight whiff of something pleasant would do little extra harm. The trick is to find something...um...subtle, hence the posting. Plus something which improves concentration and heightens the senses rather than something which precipitously increases libido is what I'm after. Well in the car at least.
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

Does the new C2 have this feature?

Dan

It comes with the car shane so Im sure citroen did testing to not make it toxic.

Dan
    No the C2 and the C3 doesnt have this feature.Its a shame.

UFO

I find that a quick drive through Hungry Jacks/Burger King and a large serve of onion rings usually provides enough toxicity for a long drive. Mrs UFO has for some reason banned the consumption of onion rings whenever there is even thought of a car trip.

I find the best thing is a good clean of a car and treating the seats with leather polish gives a nice classy smell to the car - as opposed to the above
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information