Swapping seats in BX
  • Help

Default Swapping seats in BX

The drivers seat in my BX has sagged a little but the passenger seat is fine. Just prior to one of my Adelaide trips I tried to swap the seats over. The mounts are symetrical but the seatbelt anchors are attached to the seats making a straight swap less than straightforward. It was stinking hot so I just bolted the drivers seat back in to revisit it later.

Which is best/easiest/possible Ė swap the whole seats over and relocate the anchors or swap the cushions between the frames?

Regards,
    Trevor

Advertisement

UFO

You should be able to swap the cushions in about 15 minutes flat. They clip on with hooks and overgrown rubber bands. Be careful of your eyes in case one lets go as you undo it.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Mr Trevor ,
    if You have problem with sponge in Your seats I know method to repair , but You need about half of a day work time . If You are interested , just tell .
    regards
    Klema

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    You should be able to swap the cushions in about 15 minutes flat. They clip on with hooks and overgrown rubber bands. Be careful of your eyes in case one lets go as you undo it.
    Tried this last night. No joy, couldn't get the trim off as the screw heads were all butchered and wouldn't take a screwdriver. Looks like some body else has had a go before me.

Get myself some bolt/screw extractors and have another go then. Always something.

Regards,
    Trevor

Cushion removal requires no tools.
    Reach under the seat at the back - you will feel 2 rubber bands that hold the backing panel taut, attached over two moulded plastic lugs on the base of the seat. Carefully stretch forward an remove (DO beware the eyes, as Craig warns).
    Reach under the front of the seat - you will feel two curved metal clips that fit over a bar (covered in bits of cloth).. Pull these two clips down and forward off the bar. The seat cushion can now be pulled forward and up to get it out.

As Craig says, a 15 minute job for the two - faster when you get used to it.

UFO

Thanks Bruce. A while since I've looked under the seats of a BX but I thought I was on the right track.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information