After market wheels for BX 19 GT
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

After market wheels for BX 19 GT

Does anyone know of an after market 15 or 16 inch wheel that is suitable for the BX 19 GT?
    I am up for new tyres and figure this is the time to look for replacement wheels.
    My BX by the way is a 1986 model with 330K on the clock and going strong - in fact just run in!!
    Cheers
    Michael

Advertisement

I was running Peugeot 405 alloys when I had my 19Tri. Don't know if the offset is exactly the same but they bolted straight up (once you removed/replaced with a screw the locator lug on the back hubs) and cleared the arches without hassle.
    There are various wheel suppliers who do 15s for 405s AFAIK, so it might be worth asking around about them as well/instead. Alternatively, I have seen 205 rims on a BX in Brisbane also, so if you could prise a set of 15s off a late 205 owner they might work.
    Happy motoring, Bruce
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Am I right to assume you've sold your mags then Bruce?

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

No, Alan. Alas mine are 14", and apparently they are so dang common, and so dang strong a wheel that there's no demand for them. Now if I had and was trying to sell the caps for said alloys, apparently there is some demand!
    So they're still just a few more pieces of clutter for the garage, that for the moment does even house the proverbial kitchen sink.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 78 GS Pallas; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Thread Information