Stalled?? cheap xantia turbo in sydney on ebay
  • Help

Default Stalled?? cheap xantia turbo in sydney on ebay

1998 model xantia vsx turbo

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/citroen-xanti...QQcmdZViewItem

also a nice looking CX

Advertisement

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Citroen_W0QQi...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by orestes; 21st January 2006 at 06:48 PM.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    Stalled needs to buy himself a car. Even if it is the second best Xantia rather than the best, it's still better than pretty much anything else.

My suggestions to Stalled are as follows:

1. Buy a Xantia now (right now, as in have it by COB on Monday)
    2. Save money like crazy
    3. Keep looking: when the "perfect" car comes along, snap it up.

Others: please support me in my belief that Stalled will love the "second best" Xantia immensely, and that it will be a great opportunity to get to know the car before getting the best example.

Regards,
    Patrick
    605SVE

Ahh thanks heaps Orestes, but unfortunately the VSX Turbo is a "high performance" car which in NSW I cannot drive when I am on my P's Shame really cause it would be a very nice car - its the second one I have seen and they dont really demand much of a premium over the normally aspirated versions?

As for getting the best car possible - Dont worry i'll eventually find somthing to drive, might take me a bit of time and I will have to put off "car browsing" during the HSC year as it is very time consuming....but it will happen

Thanks heaps!

Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED
    might take me a bit of time and I will have to put off "car browsing" during the HSC year as it is very time consuming....but it will happen

Thanks heaps!

Stalled
    Appears there are lots of generous people doing the car browsing for you!!!

Hmmm, that Xantia turbo is *very* tempting indeed. I'm sure it would look good in my driveway.

And insurance companies are crazy. I'm sure the Holden? you are driving now has more power than the Xantia and is about 10 times more likely to hit a tree.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by PJ810

Hmmm, that Xantia turbo is *very* tempting indeed. I'm sure it would look good in my driveway.

And insurance companies are crazy. I'm sure the Holden? you are driving now has more power than the Xantia and is about 10 times more likely to hit a tree.

Patrick
    Commodore has way more power and torque than the Xantia CT!

Anyways - thanks heaps everyone for keeping their eyes out for me!

Stalled

al

Is $9k about what they are worth?

What do ones with 8 valve engines ones go for?
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJ810

Patrick
    It's law ... forget the fact it's actually not a fast car .... that fact it's got a turbo on it means 'P' platers can't drive it. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the law (after all how hard is it to crank up boost on a turbo motor and get dramatically more than the stated power).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    It's law ... forget the fact it's actually not a fast car .... that fact it's got a turbo on it means 'P' platers can't drive it. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the law (after all how hard is it to crank up boost on a turbo motor and get dramatically more than the stated power).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    I would say it's stupid inane incomprehensable law with low blow turbos such as those on the xantias... I think some turbos should not be restricted, however modification to gain more power should be. Another prime example is what's in my avatar... 1500kg's and 200, or 230 odd HP, and it's probably banned in NSW go figure... is a P plater going to kill themselves because of excesive power? highly unlikely, and once again its beurochracy gone mad! but i supose to them a blanket ban is a lot easier to manage then telling people what they can, and can not drive
    Last edited by orestes; 22nd January 2006 at 04:55 AM.

1000+ Posts

The law is indeed insane. Our high performance BMW is outright dangerous in anyone's hands, let alone a P-plater, yet is allowed to be driven by the inexperienced. It's too easy to loose traction under power. Yet our low-boost turbo Volvo XC won't put a foot wrong, even in the wet with traction control switched off. How many P-platers are going to soup up their parental Volvo's, Saabs, Merc Kompressors, Audi 1.8Ts?

Patrick
    605SVE

Fellow Frogger!

I guess stalled wouldn't be allowed to drive my old 993cc 3 cylinder Daihatsu Charade turbo either with all of, what, 65hp maybe ?

(Mind you that thing was a bit of a handful on the open road with its stone-age suspension design)

Regards,
    Simon
    Last edited by Mandrake; 22nd January 2006 at 08:09 AM.
    1998 Xantia Mk2 V6 Auto Exclusive

The law is ****ing stupid. I had to sell my Patrol turbo diesel when I was on my P's.

The "truck" barely made it to 80km/h. She was an old girl. But it was considered "high performance" and I received a letter about it.

There's also another law that pissed me off, although it didn't affect me. Learners and all that are allowed to ride up to 650cc motorbikes.

Now, I know most of them are all single cylinder, low horse power machines. But what they didn't really look at was the amount of torque some of these engines produce. Unsurprisingly, the accident rate has increased since the inception of this stupid law.
    Ever wonder why Mad Scientist talk to themselves? They know others just wouldn't understand.

The software said "Windows 98 or better". So I installed Linux.

1990 405 Mi16

as far as motorbikes are concerned, would you rather a kid goes out and buys something like an R1 which is far more dangerous then most 650cc bikes, or would you prefer them ride something a bit bigger and probably safer where they're not as likely to go killing themselves by pegging the throtle to hard and fliping themselves off the back. The laws as far as motorbikes are concerned in NSW are actually fairly smart... open slather 250cc choice as it is in many other states can lead to far worse consequences

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orestes
    as far as motorbikes are concerned, would you rather a kid goes out and buys something like an R1 which is far more dangerous then most 650cc bikes, or would you prefer them ride something a bit bigger and probably safer where they're not as likely to go killing themselves by pegging the throtle to hard and fliping themselves off the back. The laws as far as motorbikes are concerned in NSW are actually fairly smart... open slather 250cc choice as it is in many other states can lead to far worse consequences
    All this does is make RGV 250's and similar 2stroke bikes suddenly worth big $$$$..... They are absolute bloody lightweight suicide machine. Fast beyond all belief around town. You would need to restrict engine size to 250cc and ban 2stroke road going race bikes.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

All this does is make RGV 250's and similar 2stroke bikes suddenly worth big $$$$..... They are absolute bloody lightweight suicide machine. Fast beyond all belief around town. You would need to restrict engine size to 250cc and ban 2stroke road going race bikes.

seeya,
    Shane L.

you can ride an RGV250 in NSW, but not an R1?

Fellow Frogger!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Althougn I don't have a bike license I understand that here in NZ learner drivers are indeed limited to bikes that are 250cc max. We don't have any limitations like no turbos for learner car drivers though...

Regards,
    Simon
    1998 Xantia Mk2 V6 Auto Exclusive

No motorbikes guys - As much as they would be good fun, I wouldnt want to ride one in Sydney peak hour trafffic

Stalled

Thread Information