Andrew, you were enquiring about this car. My email has changed, see below.

DS21 1972 PALLAS injected Hydraulique irridescent green. $4,500.

Flush door handles and late type steering wheel with chrome dash trim and stalks rather than the later DS23's black dash trim and stalks.
Included is a dismantled DS23 motor Which I intended to use as parts to change the car to a carburettor model.
Ofcourse it can stay injected but the computer and the high pressure fuel pump would need a service.

No expense was spared when we ran the car using new parts when needed as I always thought this to be a classic D as it was the last model before cost cutting became more evident, re, the DS23's only have a fan on one side and the hydr. tank is unpainted among other things (not to say that all D's aren't wonderful cars).

It has the hydraulic gearshift.
The 2nd,3rd and 4th gears have been made higher. This work was done by DS Motors by installing these gears from a D Special box.
Because the Special box had a lower ratio diff than our Pallas box the 2nd,3rd and 4th gears were higher than the 2nd,3rd and 4th gears in the Pallas box.
By mating the high 2nd,3rd and 4th gears from the Special box with the high ratio diff in the Pallas box -------- voila!!
4th gear ends up being a "high" gear similar to the 4th gear in an ID19B box of the '67 - '68 years which was standard in my '68 Safari. Similar also to 4th in the long stroke motors.
Basically at 60mph it might run at about 2,500rpm compared to 3000rpm.

Once mechanical work is done the car is a bit tatty with green velour upholstery but would be presentable enough for a roadworthy, suffice to say that this isn't the car for someone who thinks it's a week's work and away.
Basically a very original rust free car except for the odd repair in doors and I think a crack in the windscreen.

John Paas
07-33683220 email bakelite@broadband.com
my website shows address etc:- authenticlightingandhardware.com

Advertisement