Open top CX anyone??
  • Register
  • Help

Default Open top CX anyone??

Anyone interested in a really weird home made topless CX 22TRS? Check out ebay 4593736543
    I have a spare 22TRS interior that I will be getting rid of soon, plus many other parts, including an engine and gearbox (not that you would need tham!) The shipping from the UK to Oz is about £800, but you would need to work out things like GST and other stuff. If you are interested, I could look after the car for you, until it's shipped as I have secure storage facilities.
    I've been running a 22TRS for about a year now, and they are very economical, and reliable, electronic ignition so no points to keep closing up!!!
    john s

Advertisement
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Hey John
    I've not seen the CX convertible but I'm very interested in the Series 1 turbo diesel CX's.
    Are there any in Australia? I know there would be some still in the U.K. but how much would it cost to import a whole car?
    I've heard Shane talking about front cuts or something like that which I am assuming has something to do with importing the engine or front part of a whole car.
    So how could I turn my CX into a turbo diesel? I wonder if I could use the C-matic with a series one diesel engine?
    A convertible CX would be quite nice....what better way to deal with the common problem of poor ventilation....just rip the lid off!
    Andy

Fellow Frogger!

I would think that when you went to register a car like that in Victoria the inspectors would not be happy with the rear seating and the doors not opening, among other things ....

Quote Originally Posted by Andy N
    Hey John
    I've not seen the CX convertible but I'm very interested in the Series 1 turbo diesel CX's.
    Are there any in Australia? I know there would be some still in the U.K. but how much would it cost to import a whole car?
    I've heard Shane talking about front cuts or something like that which I am assuming has something to do with importing the engine or front part of a whole car.
    So how could I turn my CX into a turbo diesel? I wonder if I could use the C-matic with a series one diesel engine?
    A convertible CX would be quite nice....what better way to deal with the common problem of poor ventilation....just rip the lid off!
    Andy
    The trouble with trying to put an auto, or C-matic box with a diesel engine, is the gearing. your 2400 engine spins at upto 5500rpm. The diesel engine only 4500, therefore you will lose a significant ammount of your top speed.
    Now the auto, and c-matic are low geared to start with, so if you did this, you'd end up with a car screaming away at top revs, but only doing about 100kph!!! The CX is all about effortless long distance cruising, but this would be the complete opposite. If you could find a way of gearing up either of those boxes, then great.
    The turbo diesels we have left here in england, tend to be the series 2 cars, as they were much more popular to start with. The turbo 2 diesels are well worth having as they have 120 bhp, rater than the 105bhp ot the earlier motors. Did you know you can run a diesel engine on modified cooking oil??
    john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    Did you know you can run a diesel engine on modified cooking oil??
    john s
    That's exactly why I'd like to get one!

Thread Information