Sound system - recommendations
  • Register
  • Help

Default Sound system - recommendations

I need recommendations for a professional outfit (hopefully with experience on multiplexed pugs/cits) in Sydney to handle an upgrade of the dodgy setup already in the C4... (distortion galore)

Speakers, sub, amp... with the same headunit (?)... If possible. (i prefer not to lose any of the stalk control or display..)

Advertisement

Also any recommendations on what to get? Budget 5k max (including installation)

(PS: Is there any French option? I wouldn't mind keeping the French feel all-round.)
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Icon2

(PS: Is there any French option? I wouldn't mind keeping the French feel all-round.)
    I was thinking along these longs when I eventually install a stacker.
    Can anyone assist us?

I did my own in the Pug. I think they're the same head unit.

MUX was very confusing, but I got there in the end.

Kept the head unit, stalk and dealer supplied stacker and simply added two amps, a sub and changed the fronts only. Anybody peering into the car wouldn't see anything except a very standard layout.

And the outputs not bad at all!
    Last edited by Boyracer; 26th November 2005 at 12:15 AM.
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

Fhrx Studio's

no questions asked

highly recommend him
    WRC CHAMPS 04!!

Tadpole

I agree the standard speakers in the new cits are well, crap. I replaced all the speakers except for the splits in the top of the dash of my C2 and kept the stock head unit. Distortion is only a problem when the volume is turned up to around 28-30 (max volume)when the output amp of the H/U start to scream enough and so do ears within the car. I found the H/U acceptable minus the finer tonal controls of sub levels, frequency selection for crossover points and time alignment delays, which I could live without, given the choice of steering stalk control or super spec H/U. My suggestion would be to instal a quality crossover/ procssesor, amp/s and speakers to the existing head unit. but option B if you have the 5K for a pimpin system go for it

I discovered that if you leave the volume at max (30) and turn the car off, when the car is re-activated the stereo resets to a lower volume (25)
    C2 Onyx

Thread Information