Friend or foe?
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Friend or foe?

Default Friend or foe?

Went to see what was the hype on the megane cup sport on sunday,

Advertisement

and quite simply wasn't impressed in how Renault deals with costumers.The feeling you get the moment you step one foot in there show room is unwelcome,cold,muesum look but dont touch,'I really used to work for HSV in parramatta'.The level of interest in such a fantastic performance vehicle was non existant the sales blokes (jokes)barely had anything good to say about the cars nor offer a test drive of a demo 'what the'? . Your expected to put a deposit on a $50 000+ car just by looking at it? I ll think I ll wait till somone sell it privately thanks I dont think I could go thrue that

Went next door to Citroen and what a difference friendly, imformative, test drives primed an ready to go and above all answer any Q+A I have bugging me to take such a big commitment. They evan gave be a 50th aniversery dealership only magazine (Citroen Le journal) .
    Its great to see this mark as it is now it surely is better than back in the continental days where it was if you dont like it 'too bad!'

Well done Citroen

Dan

If only Citroen would invest in developing some performance vehicles... C'mon Citroen, how could you waste all that rally success? it's simply disgraceful!!
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

so very true

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    If only Citroen would invest in developing some performance vehicles... C'mon Citroen, how could you waste all that rally success? it's simply disgraceful!!
    How about a 2007 C4WRC ... but sadly like the Xsara before it (and the 206/307WRC) I doubt you'll ever see such a thing from PSA.

It's what makes the WRX's and EVO's of this world so popular. Even if PSA has taken out the last 5 manufacturers championships !! Loeb will be a tough competitor in 2006 in the Private team (cough, cough - one THINLY disguised Citroen works team in reality ).

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Good to hear dealers are selling the cars well. Not speaking from personal experience at all, just the numerous stories we hear on this forum is that the "don't want to know you" attitude starts after you buy the car and want to make a warranty claim or similar.
    Personally I want to see Citroen remain ever so slightly "obscure", If they started selling WRX and EVO killers (we know they are perfectly capable of doing so) we would end up with an new fleet of these wonderful french things defaced with big rear spoilers, "spinner" wheels and yer bling bling stickers (or whatever. Kind of like what you see done to them in europe! ).

Andrew.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden
    new fleet of these wonderful french things defaced with big rear spoilers, "spinner" wheels and yer bling bling stickers .Andrew.
    Saw a set of spinners on a Crummiedoor wagon yesterday ..... just looked plain STUPID !!!! And the guy got out of his car at the lights and walked around the thing to make sure they where all spinning.

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Fellow Frogger!

Went next door to Citroen and what a difference friendly, imformative, test drives primed an ready to go and above all answer any Q+A I have bugging me to take such a big commitment.
    And if I am not mistaken Citroen sales are on the rise.... Maybe renault should take note.

Quote Originally Posted by mantra
    And if I am not mistaken Citroen sales are on the rise.... Maybe renault should take note.
    And Renaults should be too with all the 225 Cups being sold
    01 Renaultsport Clio Cup 3/85 sold 07 Megane Expression 6 speed manual sedan ...beeeautiful sold 08 RenaultSport Clio 197...weehaaa sold
    05 RenaultSport Megane 225 wooshka" sold
    84 Fuego 5speed silver 1 previous elderly owner club car
    84 Renault 5TS 5 door white 3 owners 74 Renault 12 GL Avocado trophy winner
    73 Renault 16TS Automatic club car 64 Renault Caravelle gorgeous

I went to look at a Megane today. I *think* it might be the dealer you mentioned Dan, given their proximity to a Citroen showroom. To be fair I did not ring ahead, but the website does invite you to drop in. And the salesperson was pleasant enough but I also got the feeling I was being politely shown the door. I went on and looked at what was there anyway. I didn't mind but really I was a little taken aback that he did not offer to show me some of the features of his vehicles, even though the exact model I was interested in was not there.

Bit jaded maybe? Not selling well so has given up? Maybe just didn't want to seem pushy....

Silly boot anyway.
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

More on Megane. True to word they rang back to tell me there was a car to see. But when I went there and waited a bit, eventually got to see it only to find it wasn't availible for a drive. None for a couple of weeks . Waste of my time really.

I suppose they just aren't keeping sufficient stock or selling enough to make it worthwhile to have demonstrators, but it contrasts sharply to all the other makers in the class I've visited - Citroen dealers in particular, interestingly - for their helpful service and free availibility of cars to test drive.
    John

They rang back today. Car now availible for test drive (10 days after initial enquiry regarding 1.6 manual), please come in. Great, thanks, bye - Oh, it is a manual? No auto.

Ahhhhhh. Nearly another wasted trip. Hopeless
    John

Thread Information