Frog fraud no more.
  • Register
  • Help

Default Frog fraud no more.

Flew into Sydney on Friday to collect my first ever Citroen. After stuffing around for an hour or two trying to get to St Leonards, trains weren't running to schedule, I met the owner & handed over the money & collected the keys. Then back on to Sydneys dirty & disfunctional railway system & out to Penrith to pick up the car from European Autocare. I'd arranged to have the timing belt & water pump changed prior to collection as it had clocked up 78000 klm. Denton had changed both belts,idler pulley, water pump & given it a service & new set of plugs. The impellor side of the water pump was in excellent condition so it looks like the coolant has been kept up to it. He then showed me over the car instructed me in the operation of checking the LHM & all the fluids. Gotta say he was extremely friendly & helpful. I then set out for home. The car performed beautifully all the way back to home (Adelaide Hills). The ride is as superb as everyone said it would be. Makes my 2000 model Toyota feel like a horse dray. I have to say it is the most comfortable car I've ever driven long distance. From Goulburn to Lobethal via Albury, Murray Valley, Swan Hill, Ouyen, Pinnaroo & Murray Bridge. Stopped quite a few times to check out new places and to eat. Didn't get a numb bum all day & I was in the car from 6am saturday till 2am Sunday. Two low points of the whole trip were I nearly got cleaned up by a P plater in Wodonga, managed to avoid him thanks to the great brakes on the Xantia & got a speeding fine just before Swan Hill. I found it hard to keep the car at a steady 100klm. More practise needed I guess. Although the speedo checking thing on the Hume said I was doing 102 when my speedo was reading about 108.
    So now all I need is a long wheel base C5 with three rows of seats for getting about with the kids & I can off load the Toyota.
    Thanks again to those that helped with advice It helped alot & I now have a car I'm extremely happy with.
    Dom
    Xantia SX 1997
    Toyota Spacia 2000
    Rover 3500 1972

Advertisement

Default The magic ride

Ever been in a DEE? just askin

Default Dee ride.

Years ago I took a trip in a friends DS19. Fantasic ride & I was amazed at the spaciousness. We did have a near miss with a low flying Mercedes however. Ds coped better than the Merc, he locked up all four wheels for about 70 metres. Must have flat spotted all four tyres rather badly.
    Dom
    Xantia SX 1997
    Toyota Spacia 2000

Congratulations on the new car Dom,

I drove a CX back from Melbourne after a flight over- great way to get to know a car.

Don't forget to join the local Citroen Club, you will find a strong Citroen contingent in the Adelaide Hills.

regards
    sean

Default Car club?

Thanks Sdabel, which club do you reccommend?.
    Dom
    Xantia SX 1997
    Toyota Spacia 2000

Fellow Frogger!

Congratulations Dom,
    After a bit more than a year in a Xantia, I still enjoy driving that car more than any previous ones (BX16V, 505, renault12)
    Watch that speedo!!! I had 2 speeding tickets within 2 months and never had a speeding ticket before!
    Enjoy.
    Wouter

Quote Originally Posted by dom19
    Thanks Sdabel, which club do you reccommend?.
    Dom
    The Citroen Club of SA

Come on Eddie, isn't it true that you're President of the Citroen Football Club?

Please disclose any conflict of interest.

ed ge

are there any other Citroen Car Clubs in SA?

Automobiles Francais.

1000+ Posts

You're a national treasure ed ge love ya

Thread Information