CCC of NSW Cruise this Sunday 20 Nov
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,721

    Default CCC of NSW Cruise this Sunday 20 Nov

    This coming Sunday 20 November, the CCC of NSW Inc is having a mountains cruise going from Richmond, up Bells Line of Road, Darling Causeway then to the GW Highway, back through the "mountains" then back to Sydney.

    We meet at about 11am at the Tourist Info Centre/Kiosk on Richmond Rd opposite the RAAF base from 11am and will leave by 11.30 - even earlier if not too many show up.

    This is not a race/endurance test/rally, it is a cruise through the mountains not exceeding legal speeds and any vehicle is welcome to join in under those conditions. There will be some old and some modern models in the line up.

    Lunch is where ever you choose to stop and may not necessarily involve everyone going to the same place.

    UHF Two ways would be handy, probably on channel 21.

    Courtesy to other drivers would be appreciated and if the group is large we may break it up into lots of five or so vehicles to avoid being a rolling road block.

    If you need more information contact me on 0418 484 798.

    Advertisement
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    What's wrong with a rolling road block? Sounds like fun!

    Bells line of rd eh... watch out for the the hidden speed cameras.. (i think theres one actually - at the beginning).
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  3. #3
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    What's wrong with a rolling road block? Sounds like fun!

    Bells line of rd eh... watch out for the the hidden speed cameras.. (i think theres one actually - at the beginning).
    There are no hidden speed cameras on this road. I have driven it many times. There are speed cameras, but they are all well signposted, and on this road with the way the idiots used to drive it, I would say the cameras are justified.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    There are no hidden speed cameras on this road. I have driven it many times. There are speed cameras, but they are all well signposted, and on this road with the way the idiots used to drive it, I would say the cameras are justified.
    Yeah. I didn't mean "hidden" per say. I can't remember the name of the area, but it's on the Bells line of rd, once you start ascending, it's an open area, with a few shops etc... there is a camera there, easy to get caught out, when accerlating out of the bend.

    But yeah, it's a great road, for a proper cruise, no childish antics, but normal, mature driving.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  5. #5
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,721

    Default

    I'm not saying that I have always driven up there "gently". In the old days of radar detectors and stupidity, I had a couple of enthusiastic drives up and down that road.

    Taking the other way (GW Hwy) I once made Ashfield to Dubbo in four hours flat - late on a Friday afternoon after work. That was now over 20 years ago, and was not in a Froggy. For some reason that car ended up doing a head gasket. Got no idea why
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  6. #6
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,721

    Default

    And a nice time was had by all who attended. Too much food was eaten though.

    Nice to see some new faces along, including BlackC2.

    A total of six cars - 1 Big 15, 1 2CV, 1 GS Estate, 1 C2, 2 x XMs

    Pictures at 11 (ish).....
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    And a nice time was had by all who attended. Too much food was eaten though.

    Nice to see some new faces along, including BlackC2.

    A total of six cars - 1 Big 15, 1 2CV, 1 GS Estate, 1 C2, 2 x XMs

    Pictures at 11 (ish).....
    Is there usually more then six participants on CCC NSW cruises? I would've been disappointed had i come, since there were no DS's on the cruise

    I'll make a commitment to come next time, the C4 would've looked great leading the pack (ahem, before coming to a grinding halt )

    Can't wait to see the pics tho.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  8. #8
    Fellow Frogger! BlackC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    189

    Default

    [quote=
    Pictures at 11 (ish).....[/quote]

    Where can we find the pickies? (Not nagging this time - really! )
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

    Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

    (Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! PSvensson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Silverwater
    Posts
    164

    Default

    What about a night cruise around Sydney at good locations?EG Harrys on wheels anybody has better ideas with this topic of low attandance


    or a cruise up the coast instead of down it?

    Dan

  10. #10
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSvensson
    What about a night cruise around Sydney at good locations?EG Harrys on wheels anybody has better ideas with this topic of low attandance


    or a cruise up the coast instead of down it?

    Dan
    Good idea - guess who just got themselves a job at the next club meeting? As I have said in the club mag, we are always after more ideas for events and you do not have to be a committee member to have them, arrange them etc etc.

    Remember too that there is a perceived bias that things are on "south" as the South Coast Branch events are also advertised in the magazine. Non south coast branch club events are spread evenly around the greater Sydney area as best we can. Still, the major numbers attend events that are on in the south or west of the city. North of Sydney events rarely attract large numbers.

    I think the other factors that are affecting attendance are the ageing of our membership, the rising cost of fuel, the huge range of events in a families' life (including weekend work commitments) and over caution about taking our classic cars out on the roads.

    A night time cruise would be a great idea. We could show those dudes in Pug 206s how to cruize in style...
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger! Boyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Craig, never mind the dudes in the Pug 206's ?!

    But seriously, a night cruise sounds like a great idea to me. Let us know what you come up with Dan. Maybe a midweeker? Could be a little too congested around Harry's at night on weekends...
    Cheers,
    Michael

    ____________________________

    Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

    1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

    2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]



  12. #12
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,721

    Default

    Oh goody! TWO volunteers!!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! PSvensson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Silverwater
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyracer
    Craig, never mind the dudes in the Pug 206's ?!

    But seriously, a night cruise sounds like a great idea to me. Let us know what you come up with Dan. Maybe a midweeker? Could be a little too congested around Harry's at night on weekends...
    G day Micheal hows big blue

    funny how suggestions on a few ideas turns into ' your the man for the job' thanks Craig legend!

    nothings concrete at the moment until we have some feed back on meeting points

    and I don t really think Im good at organisation skills, you should see my room!

    Dan

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Night cruise sounds great. Was a bit hard to make it last Sunday (church).

    But doesn't a night cruise defeat the purpose? Isn't the purpose of cruises to showcase Citroen's to the general public? Not much they can see at night?
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger! PSvensson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Silverwater
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Night cruise sounds great. Was a bit hard to make it last Sunday (church).

    But doesn't a night cruise defeat the purpose? Isn't the purpose of cruises to showcase Citroen's to the general public? Not much they can see at night?
    The Deese looks great at night especially if you have a metallic color

    I once did a wedding at night in the city and people where talking to me at nearley every set of lights,funny thing was these 4 blokes crambed into a weird pinky coloured 200SX it had 20inch wheels the car had next to non suspension npretty much scrapin the ground one of them sticks his head out the window ' heh bro is dat rr porsche?' so I had to tell this num skull what it was while I was driveing cause they where trying to get a closer look and it freaked me out ,I thought I d run over the top of his bonnet and that skate board like car could damage my pride an joy!!

    This can be a logistics nightmare but it really depends on time of day,destonation point and plus meeting points must have ample parking

    im sure theres a few hotted up VTS's out there any of you blokes listening I really dont mind playing cat an mouse.

  16. #16
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    hahaha sounds great!

    Porsche

    I'll definitely be there, if my C4 will be allowed the privilege to drive behind the supreme master of all Citroen's, the Deese !!
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  17. #17
    Member sim0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    88

    Default

    i'll bring mine along......me and uga can escort it with our hazard lights on LOL.....stick a couple french flags on the bonnet and we got ourselves jacques chirac!!
    C4 Exclusive 2.0l Blanc Banquise

  18. #18
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sim0n
    i'll bring mine along......me and uga can escort it with our hazard lights on LOL.....stick a couple french flags on the bonnet and we got ourselves jacques chirac!!
    haha sounds great sim0n. Our hazard lights look simply superb... a layer of three!

    Very unique!
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  19. #19
    Fellow Frogger! Boyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Hazard lights??? The DS was built and sold in more optimistic times. We don't have hazard lights, but just let us know if the C4's need to pull over for a rest and we can join you kerbside.

    Dan - Big Blue has been renamed "Delta" in deference to its colour: AC640 Delta Blue. Doing fine. Couldn't be happier!

    So, when is a good night for a cruise, lads???
    Cheers,
    Michael

    ____________________________

    Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

    1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

    2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]



  20. #20
    Fellow Frogger! PSvensson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Silverwater
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyracer
    Hazard lights??? The DS was built and sold in more optimistic times. We don't have hazard lights, but just let us know if the C4's need to pull over for a rest and we can join you kerbside.

    Dan - Big Blue has been renamed "Delta" in deference to its colour: AC640 Delta Blue. Doing fine. Couldn't be happier!

    So, when is a good night for a cruise, lads???

    I reckon could be between a SUN to WED night

    but, we really need some routes, locations and evan do a trial run and give feed back of traffic conditions and etc etc

    I ve looked at some beach locations too but I need to see how much lighting there is being a night cruise

    any body has an idea please add to this thread

    Dan

  21. #21
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Yes lighting is of the utmost importance. People need to see our glorious convoy of Citroens.

    A beachfront cruise would be good, down south i suppose??

    Sim0n, i've been trying to get some french flags on my car, without scratching the paint, i think ill pay a visit to my local car detailer.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  22. #22
    Fellow Frogger! PSvensson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Silverwater
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Yes lighting is of the utmost importance. People need to see our glorious convoy of Citroens.

    A beachfront cruise would be good, down south i suppose??

    Sim0n, i've been trying to get some french flags on my car, without scratching the paint, i think ill pay a visit to my local car detailer.

    SOUTH!!??

    you can get some really good stickers my family used them for years

    Dan

  23. #23
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSvensson
    SOUTH!!??

    you can get some really good stickers my family used them for years

    Dan
    Stickers are good, but nothing beats a nice French flag.. Infact, aussie flag on one side and French on the other

    North? I don't mind either way, i'm in the middle
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  24. #24
    1000+ Posts brenno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    2035
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PSvensson
    I ve looked at some beach locations too but I need to see how much lighting there is being a night cruise
    Maroubra Beach or La Perouse?

  25. #25
    Fellow Frogger! Boyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    601

    Default

    Heehee, if not North, South, East or West, perhaps we could join the Silvia's on George Street on a Friday night?
    Cheers,
    Michael

    ____________________________

    Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

    1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

    2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]



Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •