Another one bites the dust
  • Register
  • Help

Icon11 Another one bites the dust

Just took delivery of a very sad D special I think it will be going to the great cit grave yard .The more I investigate the worse it gets .lots of bits missing . there might be some parts available soon .The real one arrives today

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another one bites the dust-dcp02208-small.jpg   Another one bites the dust-dcp02209-small.jpg   Another one bites the dust-dcp02223-small.jpg  
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Looks to be a very clean tidy DS in the piccies. The only thing that kills them is rust in the hull. If it's not rusty, it's no parts car !!

What's missing ??

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I seen worse!!!
    Gee the h/r tank still looks like new whats the roof like?
    How did it drive? if you drove it that is

Dan

Default You name it

steering column
    hp pump
    front spheres
    windscreen
    heater matrix
    stuff infront of radiator
    and lots of little bits
    rust everywhere bonnet hing supports- windscreen- doors - boot floor and more just havent found it yet
    I will strip the car down and then decide its fate stupidity or the nine inch angle grinder
    its just company for the other car which I pick up today
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Default I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by PSvensson
    I seen worse!!!
    Gee the h/r tank still looks like new whats the roof like?
    How did it drive? if you drove it that is

Dan
    no bits to make it go or turn the wheels
    Roof looks good other panels may be salvageable
    good motor and box
    upolstry original
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Another one bites the dust-dcp02214-small.jpg   Another one bites the dust-dcp02210-small.jpg  

Mmm, that car looks familiar! Good luck with the purchase, the beige one will be a great car when restored, hope you have a big garage!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    Mmm, that car looks familiar! Good luck with the purchase, the beige one will be a great car when restored, hope you have a big garage!
    Have you checked his sig file? I suspect he may have a large garage, too much time and obviously a well padded cheque book - but hey, at least someone is having HEAPS of fun.

And by the way, most of that D looks like a word that the filter would make into asterisks. Definitely parts. Keep the bonnet though.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default Its A Worry

Yes well all the stables are full now. I think its time to settle down and play with what I've got, but these old Citroens are so cheap and what Iíve spent on cars in the last 5 years is less than the cost of a half decent new car and no depreciation . Okay maybe not quite as reliable but havenít had a computer crash or the transmission go into snow mode etc etc etc although that most probably happened to some of the previous owners and I might be a misogynistic prick but I like my cars like my women why only have one when thereís a whole smorgasbord out there for the samplingand they really don't cost any more to run if you keep them nice and warm and dry thats counts for the women as well but maybe not the dry bit

I just want to know how the makita cordless drill drives???

Bob

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by dunky
    I just want to know how the makita cordless drill drives???

Bob
    I'd reckon probably boring
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information