Pranged Cx-bought it back
  • Register
  • Help

Default Pranged Cx-bought it back

About 4 weeks ago my lovely white CX-C-matic was hit from behind on a Sat am by a sleepy driver. Fortunately for us (upon waking) he did give us his details incl insurance. I am with Shannons and they were very good - I had not had to make any claim for about 18 yrs (and never an at fault claim on my part). Some of the group may have seen this CX at the CX day in Syd at Vaucluse House earlier this year. We decided that the car was too good to let go - so bought the wreck back (as it became known). For the time being we have placed it up the front of the garage out of the way- to be repaired later. we prob need a CX for wrecking to angle grind off that right rear panel (see pics).
    I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had repair work done on their CX in syd.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pranged Cx-bought it back-whitecx.jpg   Pranged Cx-bought it back-whitecx1a.jpg  

thats a pretty nasty looking prang, you'd want to make sure that there is no hidden damage, and that the car will drive as it did before the accident once it's repaired before you put your hard earneds into it. Cars can become emotionally attached, but sometimes you just have to let go

Quote Originally Posted by citx2
    About 4 weeks ago my lovely white CX-C-matic was hit from behind on a Sat am by a sleepy driver. Fortunately for us (upon waking) he did give us his details incl insurance. I am with Shannons and they were very good - I had not had to make any claim for about 18 yrs (and never an at fault claim on my part). Some of the group may have seen this CX at the CX day in Syd at Vaucluse House earlier this year. We decided that the car was too good to let go - so bought the wreck back (as it became known). For the time being we have placed it up the front of the garage out of the way- to be repaired later. we prob need a CX for wrecking to angle grind off that right rear panel (see pics).
    I would be interested to hear from anyone who has had repair work done on their CX in syd.
    G day mate
    I had an crazed french Uncle who used to hack his CX wrecks with a axe,little by little till there was nothing left he did that for years

Any how if you want a free boot that matches your car (same color too)
    just swing past silverwater

Ahh what a shame to see a CX like that

Lets hope the damage isnt too bad and that it will be on the road as soon as possible!!!!

Good luck with the repairs!

Stalled
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by citx2
    Pitty your not closer to me. I'm willing to GIVE you the parts to keep a nice car like that on the road. I have two CX2200 wrecks here. The parts are identical.

regards
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thanks for those kind offers. I have a spare boot lid and rear light. I don't a bumper nor a quarter panel and I just put on a locking petrol cap which was blown to smithereens.

Slowly I will get there as am a little busy with work at the moment but we plan to get her back up again.

It's a pity you are so far away, and that it's a series 1 car, as I have this lying on the floor, which I would gladly give to you to get your rebuild started.
    Stick with it, it will live again. Due to the CX having a separate rear subframe, as long as the bodywork wasn't pused onto the rear arm, there is no reason why it won't drive exactly the same as before.
    Kind regards, john s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pranged Cx-bought it back-alans-place-002.jpg  
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Thread Information