e tags and the Xsara
  • Register
  • Help

Default e tags and the Xsara

Hey guys, I just got one of those ROAM tags for the M4, M5, and M7.

The instructions say to make sure the windscreen doesnt have a metallic shield or something. So I was just wondering if the Xsara does and if so where should I place it.

I think maybe it does because:

Advertisement

1) A winscreen replacement guy told me that euro cars's windscreen costs nearly $900 to replace due to it having a thin metal shield in between, and
    2) I have a Navman GPS system and sometimes it has trouble picking up a signal.
    WRC CHAMPS 04!!

I had the same issue with my Pluriel. The solution is quite easy...

Put the Etag at the top of the windscreen where the tinted part is. That portion of the screen does not have the film.

A simple stud finder will detect the film (but it works in reverse, beeping on the film and not on the un-filmed part) according to the staff at Queensland Motorways... but I have not tried this myself. I just put the Etag in the tinded bit and it works fine.

UFO

I think where James means is the "spotty" area that is behind the r/v mirror on most modern cars. These areas do not have the metallic coating.

Another quick test available at present is to go through the cross city tunnel (why it's cross I don't know) a few times as there is no charge at present but etags etc will still beep.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

[QUOTE=JamesII]Put the Etag at the top of the windscreen where the tinted part is. That portion of the screen does not have the film.
    QUOTE]

Can vouch for that. Hand held tag didnt go off on the M4 and got a letter in the mail. Now its attached to that spotty area behind mirror and works fine.
    01 Renaultsport Clio Cup 3/85 sold 07 Megane Expression 6 speed manual sedan ...beeeautiful sold 08 RenaultSport Clio 197...weehaaa sold
    05 RenaultSport Megane 225 wooshka" sold
    84 Fuego 5speed silver 1 previous elderly owner club car
    84 Renault 5TS 5 door white 3 owners 74 Renault 12 GL Avocado trophy winner
    73 Renault 16TS Automatic club car 64 Renault Caravelle gorgeous

lee

Yes guys you are right: the spot area at the top of the windowscreen. I have same problem after I drove my Xsara first week. I called the dealer and they gave me the answer and it's work well.

I have the same problen with the 206cc on citylink in Melb, but I rang Citylink, and because the Peugeot is on their system as having a Metallic windscreen, they don't require you to carry the e-tag, they just rely on the rego number, and they automatically charge back any "no tag in vehicle" fees, which is great, cos I dont have to constantly move the E-tag from one car to another.
    Terry

1980 CX C-Matic Bleu Regate

If you look really closely (at just the right angle) in bright light at the "dotty bit", you should be able to make out a large, slightly more pale, rectangle which is the spot for the various e-tags. On the C2 there's one either side of the rain-sensor/rear vision mirror - I'd expect something similar in the other PSA products.
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

(Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

Thread Information