AX GTi engine?
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: AX GTi engine?

Default AX GTi engine?

Would anyone know if the 1.4L AX GTi engine is related to the 1124/954cc engines fitted to Citroen AXs and Peugeot 104 and 205? What I am specifically after is the liners, the smaller ones have been used to convert Hillman Imp engines from dry liner to wet liner and 875cc to 998cc+. I know the 1.4 engine has a 75mm bore compared with 70mm for the 954 and 72mm for the 1.1, but the important dimensions are the outside of the liners Ė would these be the same for diameter and height?

I suppose another question to ask is are there any 954 or 1.1 engines out here?

Advertisement

Thanks for any help.

The engines are more or less identical. Those liners are hugely expensive!!!!
    Your best bet, is to look on ebay, here in england for cars being broken, and get some liners from it.
    You can choose from AX, 205, 106, C2, C3, and I think the LNA, 104, talbot Samba.
    Pity you're not after the larger size, as I have a AXGT engine that I'm about to throw out. john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Thanks for that John. I would actually be more interested in the 1.4 liners - I would end up with more capacity! I was trying to work out if I could source parts here in Australia, because "standard" Imp parts are not hard to find but performance parts somewhat more so. The other side of the equation is finding somewhere to do the machining work of removing the dry liners & surrounding aluminium.

This is the hard way, the easy way would be to buy a block from the UK that has already been converted.

Next move is to work out how much I can stroke the crank without having to go to the lengths some have in the UK of using a plate to increase the height of the block.

If you are interested in the liners, I can remove them from the engine, (the rest of the motor is scrap, as it's been outside for 4 years) and if they are ok, I'll let you have them. You pay for the post though! let me know, john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Thanks for the offer John, I will see how I fare on this side of the big green-&-blue ball first.

Hi John,

Why not try for an early Berlingo van wreck. I may be wrong, but believe the Berlingo 1.4 has the same engine. I know our AX GTi certainly looks similar.

Regards
    John

Thanks for the tip John!

Thread Information