C2 Sensodrive Problem - Gears Dissapear - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Well, i don know guys.

Maybe i should take the car elsewhere to get an update. I really dont have time or patience for this crap either. I assumed that they would have updated it today, but it took them about an hr just to look at the damn thing.
    I didnt have time to hang around there all day either, i have better things to do.

Advertisement

You think by buying a new car, that you wouldnt have to deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    I've got a bull with a tit if that's any help too.

Alan S
    Does your bull work for Citroen Australia.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    Does your bull work for Citroen Australia.
    Sounds like the tit might run a dealership in Sydney.
    Bloody hopeless bunch if ever I struck one. Some of the head honchos when I was in the game would be down there tearing a fresh @r$01e in them long before this.
    Looks like the business isn't competitive enough these days or they can't handle the pace, either way they need to be hung drawn and quartered treating a customer like this.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

tearing a fresh @r$01e in them
    Ouch!
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

So.....if these boxes are having problems in just one or two brands of cars, ask yourself why? It has to come back to the people doing the service.
    Erm, is there anyone else apart from Alfa & Citroen using the Selespeed/Sensodrive gearbox?

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Erm, is there anyone else apart from Alfa & Citroen using the Selespeed/Sensodrive gearbox?
    Fiat, in the Stilo Abarth. Fortunately they are sensible enough to offer a manual version of the car now as well.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by BalleR
    Well, i don know guys.

Maybe i should take the car elsewhere to get an update. I really dont have time or patience for this crap either. I assumed that they would have updated it today, but it took them about an hr just to look at the damn thing.
    I didnt have time to hang around there all day either, i have better things to do.

You think by buying a new car, that you wouldnt have to deal with this.
    I'm surprised a dualer with Lexus on the side is that bad. Lexus have well renowned customer service and don't put up with that sort of crap. My ex-boss had a GS300 and then a RX330. They would send a guy down to pick the car up from work in the morning, and return it, serviced and fully washed in the afternoon. Nothing ever went wrong with his two examples, so...

Anyway, I'd simply drop the car off to the dealer and say "fix it and return it to me when it's been fixed". Complete loss of drive is in my opinion just as bad as unintended acceleration, or similar:

http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?scid=93&did=362

thanks,
    Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

Quote Originally Posted by vanderaj
    My ex-boss had a GS300 and then a RX330. They would send a guy down to pick the car up from work in the morning, and return it, serviced and fully washed in the afternoon. Nothing ever went wrong with his two examples, so...
    You get what you pay for.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by vanderaj
    I'm surprised a dualer with Lexus on the side is that bad. Lexus have well renowned customer service and don't put up with that sort of crap. My ex-boss had a GS300 and then a RX330. They would send a guy down to pick the car up from work in the morning, and return it, serviced and fully washed in the afternoon. Nothing ever went wrong with his two examples, so...

Anyway, I'd simply drop the car off to the dealer and say "fix it and return it to me when it's been fixed". Complete loss of drive is in my opinion just as bad as unintended acceleration, or similar:

http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?scid=93&did=362

thanks,
    Andrew
    Easily explained IMHO.
    Lexus/Toyota distributors put customers first always.
    ATECO seem to always go with the dealer; it's a case of priorities. Take a look at Daniels case with the fuel injector scam he got caught up in. Anybody buying a new Cit after that needs their head reading.
    It was a blatant case of 'dealer shafts customer; doesn't go into bat for him for a claim. Distributor has attitude that dealer is always right and doesn't take circumstances into account so robotically rejects approach from customer without dealer back up.'
    That case would have flown through a Toyota dealers and the dealer concerned would have been carpeted had he acted that way with a Toyota customer of that I have no doubts. I worked for a Toyota Dealer and a big one and these things just didn't happen. You wouldn't let it, unless you intended retiring as a Toyota dealer anyway!!

Alan S

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    You get what you pay for.
    Dunno, I'd still be wary of paying for a new C6 here

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Dunno, I'd still be wary of paying for a new C6 here
    Probably have more depreciation than a 607.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

I've had two little glitches occur with mine (36K old now)
    1. At the bottom of Bulli pass got into 2nd gear (can't remember if I was in MAN or AUTO tho') and that's where it stayed. I pulled up around the corner, switched off and restarted normally. That was when the car was fairly new. The dealer was at a loss to explain.
    2. Just recently started up and got the flashing snowflake thing with no ability to select a gear. Shut down a few times and on the third start all back to normal. I rang the dealer, and actually got the same thing about accidently brushing the 'snow' button. He was also embarrassed.....perhaps its something in the training package that hasn't been deleted for Aussie mechanics? Anyway, its bound to be software related. (BTW I've had 2 software updates.)
    I also agree with one of the earlier comments: it as absolute bullsheet (no, I'm not Spanish!) that the dealer cannot do anything until the 1500K service!! I hope this is not an omen about the level of service you can expect from them. I'd be talking to ATECO too....I'm sure they're trying to get a stronger foothold in the Aust market with the brand and that sort of krap (no, I'm not German either!) won't help their case!
    I have to be honest....I've had a few issues with the car since delivery. I take a philosophical attitude to that (Jeeze, a mate of mine had far more trouble with his new 5-series BMW!!!) but I've been really impressed with the level of support from my dealer (Corban at Wollongong) and also ATECO, who recently authorised - without any dramas - the replacement of my clutch. Sure, thats what we should expect; perhaps it is a matter of getting what we pay for, but my mate with the Bimmer may beg to differ!
    In any event - Good luck with it!

Well it happened again today, middle of pacific hwy, almost got side swiped. Nice. Snow flake, with the beeping sound. It couldnt have happened in a better place!!

Icon13

Well it happened again today, middle of pacific hwy, almost got side swiped. Nice. Snow flake, with the beeping sound. It couldnt have happened in a better place!!
    That's disgraceful. I can't believe they returned a car in that condition. Words don't describe. My full sympathies go out to you. Has there been a response from the dealer? Does it take an accident to get something done?

I'm about to pick mine up from Paramatta Citroen (Lincorp). They've had it for three days (working on it for two - because I had no loan car it's taken an extra day to pick it up) and say they've "installed a new software package from France". We'll see what the result is.

Tony.
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

(Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

Well i rang the service department straight after i got back, and they couldnt book me in this week. So next monday, theyre doing somthing about it. The guy fed me some jargon about the problem. But i see right through the jargon. Point is, theyre rectifying it when it suits them! They dont seem very fussed about it.

Wouldnt it be in thier best interests to fix the problem immediately. Before someone gets hurt or the car gets damaged. If i were them, id pick the car up, fix it and return it. To me, i dont have the time to chase these things up.

In your case Tony, i would have thought that theyd give you a car to get around in, seing as its thier problem, and theyre inconveniencing you. Already, thats pretty bad service from them. No tact whatsoever.

Are you in the NRMA by any chance?
    If so, may be the go to spend a couple of minutes on the phone to them and see if they'll take the fight up on your behalf.

Alan S

Make sure you backup your phone calls to the dealer with an email highlighting your concerns. That way, if an accident occurs through this fault, you'll have proof you notified them, as it could also end up in a legal stouch
    01 Renaultsport Clio Cup 3/85 sold 07 Megane Expression 6 speed manual sedan ...beeeautiful sold 08 RenaultSport Clio 197...weehaaa sold
    05 RenaultSport Megane 225 wooshka" sold
    84 Fuego 5speed silver 1 previous elderly owner club car
    84 Renault 5TS 5 door white 3 owners 74 Renault 12 GL Avocado trophy winner
    73 Renault 16TS Automatic club car 64 Renault Caravelle gorgeous

1000+ Posts

Yeah, unless they can clean things up very smartly, I would'nt rule out legal action. But you want to try every other option first obviously. See how they handle the problem once they have your car.

At this stage they sound even negligent in their level of concern.

As others have said, you could try contacting ATECO.

Well i rang the service department straight after i got back, and they couldnt book me in this week. So next monday, theyre doing somthing about it. The guy fed me some jargon about the problem. But i see right through the jargon. Point is, theyre rectifying it when it suits them! They dont seem very fussed about it.

Wouldnt it be in thier best interests to fix the problem immediately. Before someone gets hurt or the car gets damaged. If i were them, id pick the car up, fix it and return it. To me, i dont have the time to chase these things up.
    Thats Crap from the Dealer!
    Ring ATECO....your car is potentially dangerous now.
    If they don't help, then (and I hate to say it) go to a newspaper or something!
    I can't believe the response the dealer is giving you!

1000+ Posts

Before going to the media, i think you should send them a letter from your lawyer.

However at this stage, if you really are angry, you could ring and simply say that if they don't sort it out ASAP, the next person your talking to is your lawyer.

But there are other steps that could be taken first, yet.

Icon12 Have any of you tried this

If you require maintenance assistance and are a member of CitroŽn Roadside Assistance, we are available to answer your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Phone 1800 600 005.
    Or does this only apply to cars with leather upholstery
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Im no longer a member of NRMA, given my renault clio had roadside assistance, as do my other cars. I might get onto ateco tomorrow just to explain the situation and see what they think, and if they regard it as a suitable response.

In this instance, i dont really need roadside assistance, as i eventually get the car moving after a couple of minutes.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Clio Cup
    Make sure you backup your phone calls to the dealer with an email highlighting your concerns. That way, if an accident occurs through this fault, you'll have proof you notified them, as it could also end up in a legal stouch
    And when you do have a crash the proof would turn around and bite you on the @rse as they would say you were knowingly driving a faulty vehicle.

Please make contact with ATECO or Dept Fair Trading or both as soon as possible. The best solution is to go to the source rather than to try to achieve some sort of satisfaction and possibly create further disharmony by only complaining to us on AF.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Tadpole

Default Sensodrive

Hi all just thught I would share my experiences with you all.

Had my C2 since SEP04 and the car was going into 'Snow Mode' intermittantly from a stopped position. Effectivly the car was starting off in 2nd which is not ideal when you need to put the foot down to get accross an intersection.

Took the car back under warranty and it seened to go away for about 1000K's. After that the car at times was cycling between gears when stationary. Took the car back again and I was lucky enough to have the problem occur in front of the mechanic. He threw it on the computer and noticed a bug in the software and proceded to fix it on the spot.

12 Months and 20000K's later and I have not had any further problems.

If it helps my service center is Nth Melbourne Citroen and they seem pretty helpfull and switched on.

Maybe your local dealer is unwilling to help because of his lack of understanding of the Sensodrive. Suggest that you get him to talk to the mechanics down here at Melbourne.

Good luck..
    Adam

Yep, its exactly as you describe it Adam. Im glad im not the only one who has had the problem, it would make it more difficult to figure out otherwise, as i wasnt sure initially what was going on.

If theyre unsure on monday, i might refer them to that service centre. But one of the guys at the service department seems pretty cluey as to whats wrong. And I think theyre aware of the problem now.

All should be well after Monday I hope.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread Information