C2: extra performance
  • Register
  • Help

Default C2: extra performance

I ask this more out of idle curiosity rather than the desire to actually do something, but...
    Are there any performance enhancing mods available for the C2, like a plug-in chip or something?
    I was trawling though eBay recently and saw (in the UK as I recall) a plug-in resistor gadget that connected in the ECU circuit and added some HP through 'fooling' the ECU into delivering more fuel...I've forgotten the other details. It wasn't very expensive either.
    I reckon the C2 engine is pretty perky anyway, but I often wonder what power is lost through anti-pollution tuning etc etc?
    I s'pose I should add the obligatory senso-drive comment too? Since having my clutch changed a few months back (warranty job) the senso has been much easier to live with.....in fact I frequently just leave it in auto nowadays.
    It came back with a totally different feel to it.....smoother engagement and changes particularly. I think I may have had another software download with the change as well, making that about the third one?
    Just over 35K on the clock now....still holding together very well, although a just few small rattles here and there....thanks to that sh.tty piece of goat-track called the Princes Highway that I have to travel on every day!!!!
    Anyway...still love the car!

Advertisement

Proper Air filter, exhaust...

I guess they're the only viable options and would most probably void your warranty.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Proper Air filter, exhaust...

I guess they're the only viable options and would most probably void your warranty.
    Yeah UB, I think you're right about that!
    Anyway, as I said, I'm not that moved about it - more curious than anything.

Thread Information