90% sure of getting a C2
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Tadpole sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9

    Default 90% sure of getting a C2

    Hello, I'm new to this forum.

    Got a quote of $23,900 drive away for a new C2.
    Is that a good deal?

    Metallic paint included. BTW does anyone know what colours metallic paint comes in for the C2?

    Am I getting a good car? Any advice are welcome.


    Cheers

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Member Nil Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Altona, Vic
    Posts
    114

    Icon14 C2 stuff

    Hello Sniper - I have had my c2 for over a year now...with nearly 27000 km on it - and quite simply, it is a GREAT car.

    I suggest that you use the SEARCH functionality on the toolbar, and key in c2 - and watch how many hits you get on this site...

    Welcome to AF!

    Cheers
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

  3. #3
    Tadpole sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Thanks for the advice Tony,

    What colour is your C2?
    How much in total did you pay for it?

  4. #4
    Member sim0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper
    Hello, I'm new to this forum.

    Got a quote of $23,900 drive away for a new C2.
    Is that a good deal?

    Metallic paint included. BTW does anyone know what colours metallic paint comes in for the C2?

    Am I getting a good car? Any advice are welcome.


    Cheers

    Mcarrolls citroen quoted me a on the spot price of $23,500 driveaway....so if u sit down and talk dirty u might even be able to shave a few hundred off that...

  5. #5
    Tadpole sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9

    Default

    How long ago did you get that quote? Was metallic paint included in the price?

    I got the quote from a car broker. I was under the impression that they would be able to get me a "fleet discount".

    Guess I'm wrong then....
    "HITTING A baseball...is the single most difficult thing to do in sport." (Ted Williams - .344 lifetime batting average)

  6. #6
    Member sim0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SYDNEY
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper
    How long ago did you get that quote? Was metallic paint included in the price?

    I got the quote from a car broker. I was under the impression that they would be able to get me a "fleet discount".

    Guess I'm wrong then....
    quotes were done last week
    the thing is all my prices were quotes of stock already in Australia so if u want a early 05 build RED C2 for cheap then go down to mcarrols....dunno if they have sold it yet though..

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! BlackC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    189

    Icon14

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper
    Hello, I'm new to this forum.

    Got a quote of $23,900 drive away for a new C2.
    Is that a good deal?

    Am I getting a good car? Any advice are welcome.


    Cheers
    I picked up my C2 a couple of months ago. It's great! The biggest question is that Sensodrive. I've got used to it (and quite like it) and it's doing it's job of saving my left leg while still having the option of a "real" manual. If you're a manual purist it may not be for you. Otherwise it's a great design and is one of those products which are a pleasure to use.

    Mine is a demonstrator btw (900km's) which saved us a little bit and they agreed to throw in factory mats (which don't last long btw - my left heel has already started scuffing the surface) and the Blaupunkt in-dash 5-stacker - so there's a precedent for you. Every dealer we saw had a demo C2 so there were plenty about.

    Good Luck!
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

    Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

    (Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

  8. #8
    Tadpole sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hi BlackC2,

    How much did you pay for your demo?


    Cheers
    "HITTING A baseball...is the single most difficult thing to do in sport." (Ted Williams - .344 lifetime batting average)

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger! BlackC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper
    Hi BlackC2,

    How much did you pay for your demo?

    Cheers
    It's hard to say when the trade-in variations are taken into account. Let's call it about two grand off new price (plus the "free" extras I mentioned). I didn't haggle as much as I should have, I'd suggest someone more on the ball that day could've done better. I bought at Rick Damelian and they valued my trade-in about $1500 better than the next best dealer and about $3000 better than most. (Salesman was good; finance person a bit odd. )

    BTW I meant the whole car was a good design - pleasure to use, etc - not the Sensodrive - it's just OK.
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

    Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

    (Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

  10. #10
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper
    90% sure of getting a C2
    What is the 10% bit?
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  11. #11
    Tadpole sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    What is the 10% bit?
    9.9999% maybe getting a 206GTI
    0.0001% chance of winning the lottery & getting a 911 turbo

    LOL
    "HITTING A baseball...is the single most difficult thing to do in sport." (Ted Williams - .344 lifetime batting average)

  12. #12
    1000+ Posts kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Inner city, Brisbane
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sniper
    9.9999% maybe getting a 206GTI
    0.0001% chance of winning the lottery & getting a 911 turbo

    LOL
    A 138 is a lot more car than a C2 VTR. I've heard you can get a 138 for about $25k new (Sydney?), which is about $3k below cost.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

    Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

    My Flickr Photos

    206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

  13. #13
    Banned BalleR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    67

    Default

    hi,

    I picked up a C2 about a week and a half ago now. Its a fun little thing to drive. Got it in red, which appealed to me since i saw it in the flesh, i dont normally like red in most cars. I was looking at silver initially, but decided it was a bit plain. The sensodrive takes a little getting used to, but i think its a good system, im a bit of a manual purist myself, but driving around the city with sensodrive saves my left leg. Its a little jumpy at times, but so is a manual! So i think theres no comprimise, the sensodrive gives you the best of both worlds in a way.
    I was looking at the 206 gti also, but in the end, i personally like less common cars, and that shape, whilst not looking dated, is being superseded soon. I prefer to get into a newer model car.

    Blue is nice in the metallics, that was probably my next choice after red. Silver is equally nice.

    Mine was new, and about 24k on road.

  14. #14
    Fellow Frogger! BlackC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    189

    Icon14

    Quote Originally Posted by BalleR
    hi,

    I picked up a C2 about a week and a half ago now. Its a fun little thing to drive. Got it in red, which appealed to me since i saw it in the flesh, i dont normally like red in most cars. I was looking at silver initially, but decided it was a bit plain. The sensodrive takes a little getting used to, but i think its a good system, im a bit of a manual purist myself, but driving around the city with sensodrive saves my left leg. Its a little jumpy at times, but so is a manual! So i think theres no comprimise, the sensodrive gives you the best of both worlds in a way.
    I was looking at the 206 gti also, but in the end, i personally like less common cars, and that shape, whilst not looking dated, is being superseded soon. I prefer to get into a newer model car.
    Good on ya! I'd agree with all that.

    The good news with the Sensodrive is that it settles down a bit over those first few weeks of ownership. A combination of the whole engine/drivetrain bedding in and what I assume is an adaptive shift pattern (anyone know?) improve the whole feel of the thing. It's all good from where you are!
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

    Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

    (Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •