1.8 vts xsara
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 1.8 vts xsara

Default 1.8 vts xsara

does anybody know anything about 1.8 vts xsara. i cant find any info on them, thanks

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vtspaddy
    does anybody know anything about 1.8 vts xsara. i cant find any info on them, thanks
    What in particular do you want to know?

We didn't get the VTS with the 1.8L engine, only with the 2L 167hp engine. For us, the VTS was pitched as a hot hatch, and thus was sold with the most powerful engine. In some other markets, VTS is marketed simply as a model with higher trim level, and thus would have the same engine as the lesser models, like the VTR.

I can only assume that the 1.8L VTS had the XU7JP4 engine which was the 16 valve version of the 1.8L. Being a 1.8 it would be a series 1 car, which was available from 1998-2000. No idea in which markets it was sold though.

If it is trimmed like the ones sold here, it would be decked out with the velour/alcatara seats (fronts seats have lumber adjustment), automatic wipers and lights, trip computer, alloy wheels, leather steering wheel.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    What in particular do you want to know?

We didn't get the VTS with the 1.8L engine, only with the 2L 167hp engine. For us, the VTS was pitched as a hot hatch, and thus was sold with the most powerful engine. In some other markets, VTS is marketed simply as a model with higher trim level, and thus would have the same engine as the lesser models, like the VTR.

I can only assume that the 1.8L VTS had the XU7JP4 engine which was the 16 valve version of the 1.8L. Being a 1.8 it would be a series 1 car, which was available from 1998-2000. No idea in which markets it was sold though.

If it is trimmed like the ones sold here, it would be decked out with the velour/alcatara seats (fronts seats have lumber adjustment), automatic wipers and lights, trip computer, alloy wheels, leather steering wheel.

Troy.
    yeah troy it is the 16v version your talking about. im from ireland so i'd say its the european market. any idea what kind of power they are pushing out from standard.

yeah troy it is the 16v version your talking about. im from ireland so i'd say its the european market. any idea what kind of power they are pushing out from standard.
    The standard power output figures for that engine

Power : 84kW @ 5500rpm
    Torque : 155 Nm @ 4250rpm

HP figure would be something like 112hp.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    The standard power output figures for that engine

Power : 84kW @ 5500rpm
    Torque : 155 Nm @ 4250rpm

HP figure would be something like 112hp.

Troy.
    are you sure on that, it feels a lot faster than 112 hp

are you sure on that, it feels a lot faster than 112 hp
    Well they are the figures quoted by Citroen. It does feel faster than the figures suggest, especially when you compare it with TU5JP4 1.6L 16V (similar output figures on paper) that replaced it on the later model Xsara's. It feels torquer at low revs compared to the 1.6L, and has better mid range pull. Makes it more flexible engine than the one that replaced it. It's not all that spectacularly fast off the standing start though.

Troy.
    Last edited by TroyO; 23rd October 2005 at 02:24 PM.

Thread Information