Genuine foglamps
  • Register
  • Help

Default Genuine foglamps

Hi guys, just me bitching about the price of parts here.
    If any of you who own AXGT, BX GTi (16v), CX GTi (turbo) Pug 205, 309, 405, ever do a restoration job on your pride and joy, and want the correct fog/spot lamps, then be in for a nasty surprise.
    They are available new, (they either corrode as they are aluminium, or the lense cracks) but christ are they expensive!!!
    I just bought a pair for my CX, as I'm putting a lot of effort in, and I felt if I put anything else in, it would just not look right. They cost me £50 each, or AU$115

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Genuine foglamps-car-parts-049.jpg  
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    Hi guys, just me bitching about the price of parts here.
    If any of you who own AXGT, BX GTi (16v), CX GTi (turbo) Pug 205, 309, 405, ever do a restoration job on your pride and joy, and want the correct fog/spot lamps, then be in for a nasty surprise.
    They are available new, (they either corrode as they are aluminium, or the lense cracks) but christ are they expensive!!!
    I just bought a pair for my CX, as I'm putting a lot of effort in, and I felt if I put anything else in, it would just not look right. They cost me £50 each, or AU$115
    You will probably find the wiring down to them is shot... I replaced mine and relay'd them.

Personally I find foglights a complete [email protected], but mine are brand new too(my father purchased them new and never did fit them prior to me buying the car).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Default You were lucky

That sounds cheap Smiffy. Check what you have to pay for original lamps for an early D - especially a pallas - not much change from a grand a pair (A$). Porche drivers put the price up! Still getting over that one after a couple of years.

Best regards,

Tim

Thread Information