Orange Citroen C3 Pluriel stolen in Brisbane area
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Tadpole

Default Stolen Orange Citroen C3 Pluriel in Brisbane area

Hi All

I had my almost new Orange Citroen C3 Pluriel stolen in Brisbane area today - registration is 024-IIU. - if you spot it can you report it to Brisbane police operations 07-3364 6464 (crime report 05/340763) and drop me a line to let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance for helping me to find my "baby"

Advertisement

Andy
    [email protected]
    07-3831 3619
    Last edited by AndythePommie; 19th October 2005 at 08:12 PM.

Andy,

Sorry to hear the that very bad news.
    Most unusual to have a Cit stolen. Where was it taken from?

I don't get around much during the day but I'll keep an eye open for it.

Hope it gets found in OK condition.

Ken W

That's terrible! Best of luck in getting back without any damage!
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi
    '04 CitroŽn Xsara VTS missed

Quote Originally Posted by AndythePommie
    Hi All

I had my almost new Orange Citroen C3 Pluriel stolen in Brisbane area today - registration is 024-IIU. - if you spot it can you report it to Brisbane police operations 07-3364 6464 (crime report 05/340763) and drop me a line to let me know.

Andy
    [email protected]
    07-3831 3619
    How was it stolen?
    Did they use the key?

Does it have the electronic anti-theft type of ignition?

Chance.

Tadpole

Thanks for all your caring words - this forum rocks !

They broke into my unit and stole the keys so it wasn't any problems with the car security.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken W
    Andy,

Sorry to hear the that very bad news.
    Most unusual to have a Cit stolen. Where was it taken from?

I don't get around much during the day but I'll keep an eye open for it.

Hope it gets found in OK condition.

Ken W

That really sucks. I hope they catch them soon!

It's such a unique car, I can't imagine they did anything but use it to transport your stuff - it'd be practically impossible to re-birth it or use it for spares.

Damn thieves.

Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

If it heads north, we'll send the car back with the toerags in the boot!! (or the glovebox if they get a bit stroppy)

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

The good thing about C3's is that there is not many around. And being orange it makes it even more unique. So there is a better than average chance that you'll get it back.

I just hope your insured

Thanks for all your caring words - this forum rocks !

They broke into my unit and stole the keys so it wasn't any problems with the car security.
    Aaarrrgh - that's awful.

As an aside, I've developed the habit of taking both sets of Subaru keys with me when we go out in the Citroen as I have heard of this happening more and more.
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    If it heads north, we'll send the car back with the toerags in the boot!! (or the glovebox if they get a bit stroppy)

Alan S
    Now now Alan you can't go calling your fellow humans toerags, they are most likely from a poor upbringing with no social conscience due to the terrible conditions they had to endure in thier formative years. These lets call them social missfits have been let down by the system and us.

If you do your research you will discover that the government does not give these poor unfortunates enough of yours and my taxes to enable them to live the lifestyle they crave, so they have to resort to thieving your hard earnt possesions just to be able to buy the essentials like Name brand clothing, Mobile phones, Pay TV, Drugs, and an Attitude.

You Alan wrongly think that the money you earn and things you buy with it are yours. No! it is not. The social missfits have every right to take what is yours and you have no right because you have a job, you contribute to society the community and pay some 70 cents of every dollar you earn in taxes.

The money you are taxed is to pay these social missfits $$$$ for every offspring and as many offspring they desire. You can be rest assured that they have the knowedge on how to bring these littlies up propa and spend your bonus wisely and not fritter it away on poker machines ciggies alcohol or recreational drugs etc. They have a nice house courtesy of you via rent assist or Dept of Housing, their medical is subsidized by you so why can't they have everything else you have?

Instead of feeling anger toward these social missfits pitty would be more appropriate. It is not their fault they have no job, don't beleive me ? ask one, it's always sombody elses fault. Alan even if Officer Dibble did catch the Cit C3 liberators Legal Aid will spend more of your Taxes to release the poor darlings back into the community.

Cooch

That's the go Cooch, reinforce that stereotype so that we can all be sure who to blame for everything, but the best part is the inference that anybody and everybody born above that line never did an illegal thing in their lives or thought a bad thought or was ever nasty to anyone, ever!

So if we just liquidated anyone that got money from the govmint, say 1/3 of the population, the rest of us would sweeter and fatter than ever.

But wait on farmers get money from the govmint and what about industry assistance, now there's a rort, why don't you come back with a rave on industry assistance Cooch, then we'd have some really big figures to talk about.

Mean time, blow it out your arse.

ed ge

Default Here,here

Well said ed ge. Maybe Cooch hasn't heard the phrase " white collar crime". Then he'd really see some figures for stolen wealth.
    Dom

By the way, sorry to here your car got nicked on top of having your unit broken into,regardless of the socio economic reasons it sucks big time. I had my treadly stolen a couple of weeks ago.Ba*****s!!
    Dom

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by edgedweller
    That's the go Cooch, reinforce that stereotype so that we can all be sure who to blame for everything, but the best part is the inference that anybody and everybody born above that line never did an illegal thing in their lives or thought a bad thought or was ever nasty to anyone, ever!

So if we just liquidated anyone that got money from the govmint, say 1/3 of the population, the rest of us would sweeter and fatter than ever.

But wait on farmers get money from the govmint and what about industry assistance, now there's a rort, why don't you come back with a rave on industry assistance Cooch, then we'd have some really big figures to talk about.

Mean time, blow it out your arse.

ed ge
    Thankyou ed ge for puting me in my place high on top of Mount Redneck with my stereotype blaring out. A much better response than Cannon Man in the pond. mmmmm oh well one persons humour

Oh and to blow it out my arse would mean I'd have to eat my words huh?

If this is to continue this is not he forum for it soooo we could jump into the pond unless we can work in an out of work Avant with the bum out of its trousers parked on a bissy Brissy street accosting holiday makers for money.

Cooch

Quote Originally Posted by RickVTR
    The good thing about C3's is that there is not many around. And being orange it makes it even more unique. So there is a better than average chance that you'll get it back.

I just hope your insured
    Double that..
    I also hope your insurance won't play the cat and mouse game by trying to avoid a pay out (they might say, the thiefs gained access to the keys and it wasn't broken into);

Have had a similar run of luck when a bloke snapped off my Accord from my friend's place, drove it for 15k's. Then went to the police and claimed that HIS Accord got stolen and gave out the details. Two days later (my friend and I were distressed about the car anyhow) we get the call that the car was found, but we wouldn't be able to get it because someone had claimed ownership of it and had already reported it.

Believe it or not, after explaining this situation to my local police station, they didn't take any word seriously (it was a nice lady nevertheless) and said that sometimes she wishes Judge Judy was available for those cases here.

The car is gone; my friend (whom I trusted him with the vehicle) went to courts to get the car back; but I still can not come to terms how the judge found the other guy to be the truthfull owner (Vicroads never supplied us back with claimed vehicle rego transfer despite official complaints lodged by myself and my friends lawyer).

What complicated the whole matter was that that other guy counter sued for theft of some old mercedes (found by the police parked in front of my friends place). ARGHHHH

Simply, case of GTA right under the nose of the judge and he still awarded the case to the other party. Top that with 4g's of legal fees (at that point I lost hope, the car was only worth 6g's) and the insurance simply did not process the claim because the police report was filed by friend, not by me (the owner), and the car was found registered to that other guy

Besides, I had to worry about my university studies, so I left it at that.

Andy, wish you all the best; pinching orange pluriel's can't go unnonticed, those bastards made the wrong choice

Last edited by Pug4eva; 21st October 2005 at 05:40 AM.

In Australia: Ď05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: Ď09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

And I did receive a letter from Vicroads, advising me that their register does not define title of ownership. Taking this letter to my lawyer, her advise was:
    1- Forget about it!
    2- Complain to my local MP, then establish a movement and gather interest from the public so they'd advise their MP's to actually propose a new law regulating the ownership of vehicles.

We may all 'own' vehicles, but in reality by law we are only responsible for them and for actions spurring off their use

In Australia: Ď05 206 GTi 180 and '97 406 v6
    In Lebanon: Ď09 C3 Exclusive

All in Silver

Previously '01 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by Cooch Goodwin
    Thankyou ed ge for puting me in my place high on top of Mount Redneck with my stereotype blaring out. A much better response than Cannon Man in the pond. mmmmm oh well one persons humour

Oh and to blow it out my arse would mean I'd have to eat my words huh?

If this is to continue this is not he forum for it soooo we could jump into the pond unless we can work in an out of work Avant with the bum out of its trousers parked on a bissy Brissy street accosting holiday makers for money.

Cooch

Too obtuse for me Cooch, how about if I say it was the first post at the end of a hard day and take back the blow it out your arse bit, happier.

I hope your not trying to peddle that stuff as humour.

ed ge

Fellow Frogger!

Too obtuse for me Cooch, how about if I say it was the first post at the end of a hard day and take back the blow it out your arse bit, happier.

I hope your not trying to peddle that stuff as humour.

ed ge
    Yes ed ge life is to serious not to be taken lightly.

Cooch

Hi Andy,

Commiserations on losing your car. I have seen an orange Pluriel regularly around New Farm when I'm there shopping. Would this have been yours?

Strange for such a 'relatively' cheap car to be stolen in the that way. I can't imagine it was for a pre-order sale purpose, like exotica cars are.

Have you contacted Citroen as they would be able to notify dealers of the VIN and if yours came into a dealer, then...

I hope you have full new car replacement and don't suffer any financial loss in getting it replaced. I hope for your sake it isn't found because you don't really want it back - due to the 'unknown factor'.

Anyway I'll keep an eye out around the inner city.

Hi All

Andy
    [email protected]
    07-3831 3619
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

I had my almost new Orange Citroen C3 Pluriel stolen in Brisbane area today - registration is 024-IIU.
    Hi Andy,

As a Pluriel owner myself, I am always on the lookout for others. I work in the Mt Gravatt area and live in the South-Western suburbs. I'll keep my eyes open.

James

Default Cooch

Cooch,

on re-reading your initial post again, I must admit your intention was humour, and on that basis I am apologizing to you for my hasty reply. I contend that you drew an an inordinantly long bow, however.

To Citroen forum members, my apologies for disturbing your, normally placid, pond.

regards ed ge
    Last edited by edgedweller; 22nd October 2005 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling & syntax

Fellow Frogger!

Default ed ge

Cooch,

on re-reading your initial post again, I must admit your intention was humour, and on that basis I am apologizing to you for my hasty reply. I contend that you drew an an inordinantly long bow, however.

To Citroen forum members, my apologies for disturbing your, normally placid, pond.

regards ed ge
    Had a thunderstorm the other night and the missus unplugged the phone line from the back of the computer and in doing so deplugged the keyboard. Funny thing is when I tried to reply to a post I thought I had been Black Banned from posting and this started me thinking.

I re-read my original post and came to the conclusion that it read quite venomosly. what I tried to say as humour didn't come out as well as expected and ed ge I see your point entirely. What is in my head and what was written are seperate things and I apologise to everyone for this.

Oh as you can see I found the keyboard hole in the computer, it was left of the spiderweb.

Cooch

Ah, brother Cooch, we best raise a toast to each other.

ed ge

Has the car been found yet? Has the insurance company made any arrangements so far?

Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

Hmmmmmm....an orange Pluriel!
    Jeeeze...thats a common and inconspicuous car to nick.....you've gotta wonder!?!?!
    Good luck with it - whatever the outcome!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information