d special camshaft clamp fork
  • Register
  • Help

Default d special camshaft clamp fork

My current problem with my d is that I need a new clamp fork. The old one being a bit too worn. Does anyone know if it is cast iron or mild steel. I can make one but would like to know that it is the right material.

Advertisement

What about a timing chain tensioner. Can I get one or do I have to make that as well?
    Rob B

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B
    My current problem with my d is that I need a new clamp fork. The old one being a bit too worn. Does anyone know if it is cast iron or mild steel. I can make one but would like to know that it is the right material.

What about a timing chain tensioner. Can I get one or do I have to make that as well?
    Hi Rob

What is a clamp fork? anyway a method of telling the diff between the two metals is to rub the part on a grinder and note the sparks that come off it. Lots of dull short sparks its cast iron, bright long sparks but less of them = mild steel. See if you can get a known sample of each then compare to your part.

Shane might even know off the top of his head what metal is used for the said clamp fork.

Hoo roo
    Cooch

Sorry, you needed more information. It was for the cam shaft. I figured it is made of cast iron and I'm in the process of making a new one.

I still need info on the timing chain tensioner.

Thanks
    Rob B

Thread Information