bought a new C4 today :D
  • Register
  • Help

Default bought a new C4 today :D

C4 2.0l exclusive

white with panoramic sunroof, free floor mats and a gregory's map

$35,200 driveaway from Mccarroll's citroen ....best mannered salesman ive ever encountered and got a great bargain too!!...only 2 weeks wait (even that seems a long time)

Advertisement

35k?

wow - 8K less then i paid, but i had the full leather option... and... umm, well it was the first C4 OTR in Australia
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    35k?

wow - 8K less then i paid, but i had the full leather option... and... umm, well it was the first C4 OTR in Australia

wooo expensive leather

Quote Originally Posted by graham66
    wooo expensive leather
    Tell me about it, bloody hard to keep clean as well..

Wasn't worth the 8k

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Glad to see the C4 prices are getting a bit more reasonable slowly. I am keen on a C4 VTS to replace the Megane but @ $43k on road you would have to be mad! As soon as I see a low km demo at very early 30k its mine! I assume they will start offering deals soon as initial demand tapers off, one can only hope!

PS Congrats on the new car!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

yeah i thought 35k was a bit too optimistic on my behalf but i guess its doable if u stick to your guns and insist!

besides, the salesman wouldnt give it to me unless he can truly afford to....

i also tried out the golf fsi and tdi.....its like sitting in a jail.....so cramped and everything is so bland and black and square.....they talked it up too much...maybe i was expecting something unbelievable....plus the VW salesmen are absolute w**nkers!!!

35k is simply amazing, Citroen dealers, would laugh at you, if you even mentioned a discount, 6 months ago or so..

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by sim0n
    yeah i thought 35k was a bit too optimistic on my behalf but i guess its doable if u stick to your guns and insist!

besides, the salesman wouldnt give it to me unless he can truly afford to....

i also tried out the golf fsi and tdi.....its like sitting in a jail.....so cramped and everything is so bland and black and square.....they talked it up too much...maybe i was expecting something unbelievable....plus the VW salesmen are absolute w**nkers!!!
    I agree about the salesman, especially when their cars their screwed together in Seth Efrika - BMW take the gold medal for for WankaCity (not one of their cars, not even the cheapest $36K or wotever it is was open without having to ask at Motorshow), a total getcha hand off it.

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    Glad to see the C4 prices are getting a bit more reasonable slowly. I am keen on a C4 VTS to replace the Megane but @ $43k on road you would have to be mad! As soon as I see a low km demo at very early 30k its mine! I assume they will start offering deals soon as initial demand tapers off, one can only hope!

PS Congrats on the new car!
    High demand C4's are the 2.0 auto & 1.6 VTR, I dont think the VTS are that popular. My VTS is taking 3 months as I have ordered black leather & JBL (apparantly the first?)

Fellow Frogger!

discountnewcars.com.au is showing a $1800 discount on the C4 2L saloon

Congratulations on your purchase sim0n, that was a good deal.

I had a C4 2L Auto for a few days while I was waiting for the predelivery on my 206 to be done. Nice car to drive, shame about the auto though. The panoramic sunroof was nice.

Does your C4 have the mirrors that automatically fold up when you lock the car? I had heard that despite being listed as standard on the 2L auto, you actually only got them if the car was fitted with leather.

Troy.

Assuming $1500 for the car wash, that's $3,500 off. Good stuff but I imagine the salesman can still afford his beer this week. Does anyone know what the profit (before costs) is on cars BTW? I mean, in a few (hopefully many) months I suppose they will be doing drive-away deals, maybe with free leather for C4's, which equates to $6K or so 'off'. I take it they still make a bit on this...

Re the Golf - it is a dull little car to look at static; the seats seem rather uncomfortable and the interior plastic is sad compared to the previous generation - and I can't image in 1.6 is a better drive than the C4 1.6. Maybe the fsi with 6-speed is worth a look.
    Last edited by Trixie; 17th October 2005 at 07:46 PM.
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

C4 2.0l exclusive

$35,200 driveaway from Mccarroll's citroen ....best mannered salesman ive ever encountered and got a great bargain too!!...only 2 weeks wait (even that seems a long time)
    McCarrolls are the best in Sydney and their new showroom & service centre is brilliant. Ive seen about 8 C4's on the road now, of which only 1 was a VTS Free leather will be years away (like 2011, 1 year before the C4 is replaced)

Please... enough talk of "discounts", it's painful to buyers like myself, who paid the full retail + OTR price.

Don't bother with those dodgy electric mirrors, all they do is scratch the paint, when they open and close.

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    Glad to see the C4 prices are getting a bit more reasonable slowly. I am keen on a C4 VTS to replace the Megane but @ $43k on road you would have to be mad!
    What's wrong with the Megane, it's pretty new still?

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

C4 2.0l exclusive

Congrats on the purchase!

I had nothing but trouble with McCarroll's, they're a bunch of ***** who don't even want to sell a car. I'm glad you had a better experience and I'm glad I walked into Continental Cars, they didn't even sell me a car, they just gave me what I wanted. I can't speak highly enough about those guys, they're the best!
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi
    '04 CitroŽn Xsara VTS missed

Quote Originally Posted by OG15
    Congrats on the purchase!

I had nothing but trouble with McCarroll's, they're a bunch of ***** who don't even want to sell a car. I'm glad you had a better experience and I'm glad I walked into Continental Cars, they didn't even sell me a car, they just gave me what I wanted. I can't speak highly enough about those guys, they're the best!
    It sounds like you are speaking about the dealership in the inner-west I found them appalling . Continental are very good, geographically for me, they werent so convenient. What was it you wanted that they couldbt do

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Please... enough talk of "discounts", it's painful to buyers like myself, who paid the full retail + OTR price.

Don't bother with those dodgy electric mirrors, all they do is scratch the paint, when they open and close.
    Uga, Ive tried to look what you mean when they close, but I cant seem to see the scratching? Where exactly do they scratch??

Quote Originally Posted by Davide Perinet
    Uga, Ive tried to look what you mean when they close, but I cant seem to see the scratching? Where exactly do they scratch??
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/ugaboga/...RSCRATCHES.JPG

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Congratulations on the new C4. As your in sydney you might be interested in joining the CCCNSW. Great people and great cars.
    Hope yo see you soon at a meeting in the car or at a drive day.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Congratulations on the new C4. As your in sydney you might be interested in joining the CCCNSW. Great people and great cars.
    Hope yo see you soon at a meeting in the car or at a drive day.

most definetly!!! i'll be doing some mods once the car is properly run in....just some facial and "handling" stuff like wheels, springs, bars and braces etc....got my eye on some 19" to fill those huuuuuuge C4 guards

Congratulations
    Xsara VTS (04)

moosey

It sounds like you are speaking about the dealership in the inner-west I found them appalling .
    Do you mean RD's?

Quote Originally Posted by moosey
    Do you mean RD's?
    Yes, them

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Free leather will be years away (like 2011, 1 year before the C4 is replaced)
    Today the are advertising free on-roads on the C4. Roll on free leather.

[Edit: I'm only grouchy because I paid nearly full RRP on the Subaru just after it was released and saw a demo advertised last week for $6K off ]
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

Thread Information