Hey! i just bought a C4 Coupe and i'm in love.
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Hey! i just bought a C4 Coupe and i'm in love.

...and so I thought i'd join up. Was referred by a nice fella who owns a peugeot 306 who told me this site was worth visiting... Anyway, I only got the 1.6 VTR coz i couldn't afford the S, but i did make sure I got the glass roof and spoiler option!

My mum use to drive a '98 306 roadster and i was hardly ever allowed to drive it! The one time i did i only just avoided a side-swipe from a volvo on a highway off-ramp but it the process of blowing the hooter at them i broke the left control arm from the steering wheel that controlled the lights, etc. I took it straight to the dealer that day to see if i could get it fixed/replaced there and then but being in Tasmania that wasn;t likely to happen- took 3 weeks for the part... Mum wasn't impressed.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by elboldizar
    ...and so I thought i'd join up. Was referred by a nice fella who owns a peugeot 306 who told me this site was worth visiting... Anyway, I only got the 1.6 VTR coz i couldn't afford the S, but i did make sure I got the glass roof and spoiler option!

My mum use to drive a '98 306 roadster and i was hardly ever allowed to drive it! The one time i did i only just avoided a side-swipe from a volvo on a highway off-ramp but it the process of blowing the hooter at them i broke the left control arm from the steering wheel that controlled the lights, etc. I took it straight to the dealer that day to see if i could get it fixed/replaced there and then but being in Tasmania that wasn;t likely to happen- took 3 weeks for the part... Mum wasn't impressed.

Congrats on the new car... Beautiful vehicle to look at!
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

Fellow Frogger!

Default welcome elboldizar

I hope you are more gentle with your C4 and let your mum drive it.

Cooch

Fellow Frogger!

Default welcome elboldizar

I

Brett R a fellow frogger also lives in Hobart and he owes me a beer so could you look him up and drink my beer for me like a good lad.
    Cooch

I only got the 1.6 VTR coz i couldn't afford the S, but i did make sure I got the glass roof and spoiler option!
    Thats a sweet drive, the 1.6 - I reckon it will be just as nice to run and own even if its slightly slower.
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

G'day elboldizar, welcome to aussiefrogs!
    There are a few tassie froggers that use this forum, I think most of us are a bit shy though, and don't say much (or there aren't as many as I thought...)
    Congrats on the C4 purchase though - a beautiful car indeed. Say, you don't want to drive it up my way so I can drool over it, do you? I haven't yet seen one in the flesh (steel?)
    Do you know if our one and only dealer has sold many yet?
    Andrew.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

XTC

Full glass Sunroof in Tassie sounds very very good ... let the light in 365* days a year without the fear of being cooked ... must also look great when it is raining too ! Send in some pics.

- xTc -

* OK, so you get an extra day every four - bonus !
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Tadpole

Default Welcome elboldizar

Welcome and congratulations on joining up. There seem so many people who will give their worth if you just give them Ĺ a chance! Its a great site for french car interests and "inside knowledge". Trust 4 desks prove not enough!!

Thread Information