Default Citroen DS 50th in Paris

Oh Gee's,

these buttercup Bobs get into trouble

Advertisement

What 5000 cars there and who do we see

Citroen 50th aniverary

seeya,
    Shane L.
    PS: Does anyone know how to grab a copy of this so I can send it to Bob...
    Last edited by DoubleChevron; 10th October 2005 at 11:46 PM.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

UFO

Dont know where you got 5000 cars from _ only 1600 cars registered for event - qbout 4000 people registered - ANYWAY, it was absofrikkinbrilliant! A true once in a lifetime event!

there must be about 35squillion pics of the zeekend on the web by now, but here are a few more and this will be extensively added to zhen I andd others return to Aus _ and proper qwerty keyboqrds!

I am also claining MULTIPLE remote AF sticker slaps that I will detail later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS 50th in Paris-img_0814.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-img_0998.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-img_1114.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-img_1149.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-img_1151.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-img_1180.jpg  

Last edited by UFO; 11th October 2005 at 01:15 AM.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Craig wasn't the only one doing sticker slapping! I was dishing out a few CCC stickers, as you will see next time you see either buttercup, or the C35 van.

Still, here are some more pics!!! john s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-004.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-003.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-002.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-001.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-005.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-010.jpg  

Last edited by smiffy1071; 11th October 2005 at 09:53 AM.
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

And here are a few more. One car that I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of, was a DS which was totally covered in that black fur used to make gorilla costumes, with a red white and blue tricolour. The car looked like a buffalo!!! john s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50rally-013.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50rally-015.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-027.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-021.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-020.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-ds-50-rally-019.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    only 1600 cars registered for event - qbout 4000 people registered :
    That was only those who registered! I'm certain there were FAR more cars on the parade than that! It seemed like everyone who had a road capable D was there!
    I been told of many people here in England, who were digging their long dormant cars out of barns, to get them ready for paris! There were some really smokey ones, and I doubt they could pass an english MOT!! john s

I've attached my two favourite pics:

One is of the parade, the other is of the carpark at the festival.

Unfortunately, nothing can convey the atmosphere which was pure mayhem and bedlam.

1,600+ D's blowing their horns and hooning through the streets of Paris! There were people hanging out of doors, sitting on window sills and I saw one Safari go past with a truckload of kids sitting on the roof!

The most awesome sight was definitely the carpark at the Festival. Two whole car parks for D's only! There were D's as far as the eye could see, whilst others were roaming up and down the rows looking for a spot. I imagine a nest of cockroaches would look something like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen DS 50th in Paris-dsc01835s.jpg   Citroen DS 50th in Paris-dsc01792s.jpg  
    Cheers,
    Michael

Citroen Car Club of NSW - Member

1974 Citroen DS23 non Pallas BW Auto/Carby with Air-conditioning [AC640 Delta Blue]
    1972 Citroen DS21 5SPD EFI Pallas [AC088 Blanc Meije]

2012 Citroen C5 Exclusive 3.0L Auto Diesel [Noir Perla Nera]

Those pictures are fantastic. Keep them coming guys. Love the photo of the gang on www.citroencarclub.org.au/forum in front of the "tour de eiffel".
    Cant wait to get there in December but the weather will have turned nasty and cold.

OK!!!!!!!!!!! this is about the QLD event, we are celebrating the DS, right here in QLD, so do come along, never mind the weather,
    Last edited by clementine; 14th October 2005 at 11:13 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi ALL
    That event was really something, I will post a few of my pictures later but I just came accross this video which has a cool interview with Bob, on the yahoo website, it give a little of the flavour but you had to be there.
    cheers
    Helmut
    http://www.foudesport.com/films1/dsjubile2005.ram

I've just posted 50 photos I took at the DS Jubilee in Paris on my website - www.classicrally.com.au A link to the DS photos page is on the homepage.
    It was an amazing event. My professional estimate was 2000 cars.

Paul Blank

Quote Originally Posted by helmut
    Hi ALL
    That event was really something, I will post a few of my pictures later but I just came accross this video which has a cool interview with Bob, on the yahoo website, it give a little of the flavour but you had to be there.
    cheers
    Helmut
    http://www.foudesport.com/films1/dsjubile2005.ram

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by paulb
    I've just posted 50 photos I took at the DS Jubilee in Paris on my website - www.classicrally.com.au A link to the DS photos page is on the homepage.
    It was an amazing event. My professional estimate was 2000 cars.

Paul Blank
    So that makes 24 aussies who were there eh? Where were you? Some of us walked around with Aussie flags stuck on backpacks etc...

Ah well, the more the merrier. Good pics. Mine should be up by tomorrow.

By the way, only cars registered for the event were allowed to parade, and as there were only 1600 vehicles registered that sets a ceiling. The organisers seemed to be confused that people arrived without cars (at all) and still gave us vehicle plaques. There were definitely less than 1600 actual DS/ID registered for the event.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information