Cx Prestige
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Cx Prestige

Icon5 Cx Prestige

Is an 84 5 speed Prestige worth saving and rebuilding possibly with a turbo diesel transplant .Could have access to a sleeping carcass.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cx Prestige-cx-turbo-2-90_1024.jpg  
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Only 4 things to check for:

--completness
    --rust
    --rust
    --rust

It's actually quite important it's complete as a lot of trims bits are unique on the prestige.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    PS: I'd take a prestige everytime over a standard wheelbase model... They have a higher roof and bigger back doors... Just getting a baby in & out the back would be much easier... And who's going to notice another 30cms all over when driving
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Default Point Taken Shane

I take your point shane after fighting with the complexity of rust in a late rust free car Hate to think how bad an older car could be, but it is by report is an australian car complete except for head ex diplomatic transport and cheap scap value just the transport and storage pain . I will investigate . Thanks again on the flare kit info have ordered a kit
    P.S. the only babe I'll be getting in the back of one of my cars should be able to get in and out under her own steam
    Last edited by ARCHRIVAL; 6th October 2005 at 10:01 PM.
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

As Shane says, some of the Prestige bits are nigh-on unobtainable - however an 84 would never have had many of the extra stainless trims an earlier model would have - which makes things a bit easier.
    Usual CX rust spots, plus the possibility of rust under the vinyl roof (a delete option).
    Extra few inches wheelbase gives much softer ride.
    Factory diesel long wheelbase were called Limousine, not Prestige, and had slightly lower spec trim.

(and I still have 3 chamois rhovyline Prestige door trims - no rhf - if anyone is looking for them )

Icon14

A Prestige would certainly warrant some TLC, a relatively rare car, I've not heard of a 5 speed manual in Australia. You should find out more, and if you're not prepared to take it on, maybe someone here would be

Certainly would enhance your growing collection - you know you want to

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

The Prestige is quite a rare car, and bloody expensive when new, it had all the gear that Citroen could throw at it, some of which was different than a CX Pallas.

I think it is worth saving, cause of the rarity, don't expect it to be an economic proposition as the Prestiges I have seen for sale in Aus have been quite cheap, not much more than a standard CX, which is not much at present.

My impression is that in years to come the Prestige will become more valuable, as will CX Turbo and GTI, don't hold ypour breath tho

Please don't lert the body go to waste, somebody should be able to save it ?

Archrival, the phone No. I gave you for the tow bar also has a Prestige there.
    Last edited by arunine; 10th October 2005 at 07:39 PM.

A Prestige is certainly worth saving....

Rust won't necesarily be a problem- My '82 model is a UK import and it hasn't even got bubbles in the bottom of the doors yet....

If it is beyond repair, make sure it doesn't go to the crusher with the 'prestige specific' parts on, ie. roof liner trim, rear door liners, rear doors and gear box. (apparently the Prestiges had taller gears to cut down engine noise at speed)

Has anyone tried importing Turbo Diesel front cuts???

Cheers,
    Andrew

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

A seriously good prestige in England will fetch between £3500, to £5000.
    A GTi turbo in the same condition will only get £2500 max.
    A prestige turbo however, is annother matter. Like the prestige, they were built to special order, but hardly any were made. There are only 5 in the country, and their owners don't want to sell! john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Thread Information