A seat or a push for Paris
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default A seat or a push for Paris

Hi Smiffy and the 16 Aussies going to Paris, IF we make it, we will have an empty back seat for the parade. OK OK you might have to help push her all the way down the champs-Elysees ( I wont mention pushing her all the way back to the UK). The new cylinder head gasket (+ a few other minor problems discovered along the way) was fitted earlier this week and the rebuilt radiator will be fitted tomorrow morning before we set off. Hopefully the overheating problem will be solved.
    We hope to arrive sometime Friday and will be camping. Look out for an unrestored ID19 (i.e. a bit scruffy) with 2 aussie country flags on the rear wings. Reg 334 BGK.
    Not sure if we can fit all 16 in
    cheers
    Helmut

Advertisement

Helmut
    hi there take plenty pf photos over there for us aussies stuck here in Sydney and Oz.
    Good luck with your car too.

Helmut, I look foreward to seeing you and pat on saturday perhaps. I'm only taking my car as far as London, then going on the eurostar to paris. What could be more exhilerating than doing 300kph on a train? I will arrive in paris at about 11.30am. Maybe we could do lunch?
    By the way, for those who need it, Craig Kellers phone number is +3361155957, and I suppose I could post mine at the same time, +447815834571. john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

UFO

Hi Helmut - will be on site again later today Friday. Love to catch up. Let's say the organisation is "typically French", but the cars, parts and food are just fabulous.

The walk from St Quentin station is not for the frail or faint hearted. 10 minutes my arse! Maybe if your name is Steve Monagetti (sp?)
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

It was good to hear from you Craig, When I arrive at midday tomorrow, I will have an Aussie flag sticking out the top of my back pack, and I'll be wearing my bush hat!! john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Thread Information