Opinions on C2
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Opinions on C2

Default Opinions on C2

Hey all,

Im looking at buy a C2, does anyone have any opinions on them, good or bad? Does anyone know of any updates coming out on the c2, or if the car will remain the same for some time to come?

Any advice, recommendations are appreciated.

Advertisement

Icon14 Great Stuff!

Greetings...I have had my c2 for just on 14 months now...26000 km...and I love the car.

I suggest you use the search function on this forum, type in c2 and look at all the different opinions!

Cheers
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

It's good the only C2 model sold out here is the "warm" hatch VTR model - so the only engine and gearbox combo is a ripper, and if you like black (as I do I think it is a stunning looker. There's a black C2 somewhere in Point Cook owned by a young lady. I reckon her car looks the business.

The C2 is pretty new, so I don't think you'll see any body refresh for another year or so.

The C3 (2002) just got a (very) minor body and interior refresh - as an owner I can see the differences, but I bet most would struggle to see them.

thanks,
    Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

The C3 (2002) just got a (very) minor body and interior refresh - as an owner I can see the differences, but I bet most would struggle to see them.
    Andrew the media release said something about it being given the german touch. I can also notice the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Andrew the media release said something about it being given the german touch. I can also notice the differences.
    The German touch? Such as unreliability and sloppy work?

Why do car companies love our Teutonic fronds? Personally, I'd rather have Gallic charm and Japanese reliability.

thanks,
    Andrew

BalleR, buying a Citroen and especially the C2, will probably be the best decision you'll ever make.

I'm a Mitsubishi convertee, i can assuredly say, my Citroens have been FAR more reliable then any Mitsubishi or Japanese make.

I haven't had any problem to date with my Citroens, the Xsara has done 100,000kms, without a single fault.

The C2 is a brilliant car, excellent ncap safety results, firm, stable and reliable.

You can't go wrong with a Citroen and especially the C2!

Which dealer are you looking at making the purchase from?
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by vanderaj
    The German touch? Such as unreliability and sloppy work?

Why do car companies love our Teutonic fronds? Personally, I'd rather have Gallic charm and Japanese reliability.

thanks,
    Andrew
    The Cits definitely have that and MORE.

As i said in my above post, i've owned Japanese vehicles, which were dull and without character, yet reliable.

Well, Citroen has proven to be just AS RELIABLE, if NOT MORE! Yet, it has that irrestible character and gallic charm, which is simply priceless!

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

See if you like the 'gearbox'.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    See if you like the 'gearbox'.
    Don't listen to this Poogoe owner, he's from the darrrrrrrrrrk side

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

The sensodrive can take a few days to get used to. I must admit the reason I didn't buy the 1.6 C3 is because of this 'box. As it's a sorta manual, you can't drive it like an auto and expect it to shift smoothly. Drive it like a clutchless manual, and I reckon it'd be a lot smoother.

Andrew

Tadpole

Default [email protected] Opinion

I've done close to 30,000 in my C2 and it rocks.
    So many good features, but one of the best is the economy...running at the moment at 6.4l/100Km without sacrificing performance...feels like you're driving a go-kart!
    Black C2 VTR

Fellow Frogger!

They seem to be selling them off at $21990 in Sydney. So they are relatively cheap for what you get.

My sister looked at one late last year. The whacky gearbox (just give us a real manual or a real auto) and the appalling customer service from Citroen pushed her to a Barina SRi.

They seem to be selling them off at $21990 in Sydney. So they are relatively cheap for what you get.

They are a great car and you do get plenty of car for your money.

My sister looked at one late last year. The whacky gearbox (just give us a real manual or a real auto) and the appalling customer service from Citroen pushed her to a Barina SRi.
    This is a major issue for all French car dealers. I dont understand what their problem is really. They have no passion for the cars they are selling. I have only found 1 dealer that was good.
    Customer service in Australia is gone. Why isnt Naomi Robson (absolutly gorgeous) doing something about this?

That's the last thing we need.... Naomi Robson on Citroen's tail? heh.. Citroen won't sell cars here for years to come, you know, like the rainbow warrior period

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

hehehehe

I was refering to her investigating style on customer service the other night. The show is a crack up...

Fellow Frogger!

Might I add that the Holden dealer lent her a new barina until the SRI arrived in the country. 7 weeks of a free loan car and she received the updated model SRI for no extra cost. That's service, and from a HOLDEN dealer to boot.

Whereas the Citroen (and renault!) dealers all whined about lack of stock and she could only get what was in the showroom. They had no idea what stock was around or what was coming in.

The holden dealer on the other hand went through forward stock/orders to find a car that matched and then arranged the loan car to fill the gap.

Thanks for the replies all. Its been reassuring to read your responses. Ive currently got a renault clio, and just cant even look at japanese competitors when looking at a new car. I dont know what it is, I have next to no interest in local or japanese cars. I think there are alot of bad perceptions with regards to french cars. I have had nothing but reliability and fun driving in my car.

So now im looking at the c2 for something different, and in the 20-25k price bracket, and something sporty/fun.

I have been dealing with McCarrolls Citroen at Artarmon in Sydney. They seem pretty helpful and obliging. Im getting a C2 this afternoon for an overnight test drive, mainly to put the Sensodrive through its paces. Im about 90% set on the C2, im just deciding on colour basically. I like blue, red and silver, i have had enough of black cars for the time being.

Sorry for the long winded response. Has anybody squeezed any more power out of the VTR? I know in the UK they go crazy on these things, was wondering if anyone has done any slight mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    The Cits definitely have that and MORE.

As i said in my above post, i've owned Japanese vehicles, which were dull and without character, yet reliable.

Well, Citroen has proven to be just AS RELIABLE, if NOT MORE! Yet, it has that irrestible character and gallic charm, which is simply priceless!
    I agree. I feel my Xsara is still a standout from dull rental car type Jap small cars. I was so pissed off when I got the $3,150 bill and went out to look for Jap cars on special runout deals. The Corolla, Pulsar and Lancer 2.0 li were all plain janes. Yes they were quicker off the mark (off course they're 1.8 and 2.0li) but I can say that above 40kph, my 1.6 Xsara can still outrun them. They all are not as sure footed as the Xsara, they feel nervous when taking quick turns and steering is vague at high speeds. I'm keeping my Xsara. Besides, they only want $9,500 trade-in for my 2001 Xsara. After I've just spent 3 grand on it!

My only gripe with Citroen is that they should have done recalls on parts they know that have issues. Instead, they wait for customers to complain. Like my indicator stalk COM2000, lucky mine was replaced during warranty otherwise it would cost me $1000. Then they replaced a leaky coolant hose, door seals, engine mount and CD player all under warranty. Unlucky for me though, my AL4 played up at 50 k at 3.5 yrs! They should have done a recall on this tranny as they know that a modified electrovalve should be fitted. Anyway, looking back at all Jap. cars I've owned, all have issues too and most times the dealers don't even know how to fix them right. At least with Citroen, the proxia tester is spot on and most times they can solve a problem in one go.

I picked up the car for the night, its red, i didnt think id like the red, but i think its really nice. Im still getting used to the sensodrive, its a bit jumpy in auto mode, but pretty damn smooth in manual mode, lifting off throttle between acceleration, i think the box could work to some advantage in situations. Im pretty impressed for a car of this value.

Quote Originally Posted by BalleR
    Thanks for the replies all. Its been reassuring to read your responses. Ive currently got a renault clio, and just cant even look at japanese competitors when looking at a new car. I dont know what it is, I have next to no interest in local or japanese cars. I think there are alot of bad perceptions with regards to french cars. I have had nothing but reliability and fun driving in my car.

So now im looking at the c2 for something different, and in the 20-25k price bracket, and something sporty/fun.

I have been dealing with McCarrolls Citroen at Artarmon in Sydney. They seem pretty helpful and obliging. Im getting a C2 this afternoon for an overnight test drive, mainly to put the Sensodrive through its paces. Im about 90% set on the C2, im just deciding on colour basically. I like blue, red and silver, i have had enough of black cars for the time being.

Sorry for the long winded response. Has anybody squeezed any more power out of the VTR? I know in the UK they go crazy on these things, was wondering if anyone has done any slight mods.

I bought my C2 new in April 2004 (now 30,800kms) and have had no problems and I love it. Until they bring out (if ever) the C2 VTS I think for the C4 VTR for another probably $4K is better value. McCarrolls are great

Thread Information