Pix of Commemerative Rally
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Pix of Commemerative Rally

Hopefully a couple of photos from Wagga Wagga on Sunday featuring Moby Dick.............

WTF happened to my photos?

Advertisement
    Last edited by Cooch Goodwin; 5th October 2005 at 04:52 PM.

Default Photos from Canberra D Display

Not sure what happened to your pics...

But here are a few of mine!

Just got back from a brrrreeeezy day out.... just an hour ago. More to come later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pix of Commemerative Rally-img_5678.jpg   Pix of Commemerative Rally-img_5685.jpg   Pix of Commemerative Rally-img_5704.jpg   Pix of Commemerative Rally-img_5702.jpg   Pix of Commemerative Rally-img_5700.jpg   Pix of Commemerative Rally-img_5703.jpg  

1974 DS23 & 1963 105E

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo
    Not sure what happened to your pics...

But here are a few of mine!

Just got back from a brrrreeeezy day out.... just an hour ago. More to come later.
    Do you have any more photo's of the ID19 with the bright blue interior it's a VERY early car (guess how we can tell ).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Default early ID

OK I will jump in !

The parking light switch on the extreme left of the dash panel....they had an arrow in the centre used to indicate whether the left side or the right was illuminated...the parking light was mounted on the top of the centre pillar...a vertically "split" acorn shaped lens that showed white light to the front and a red behind.

Am I right ?

Fellow Frogger!

Default early ID

Or do you allude to the embossing passern on the aluminium switch panel itself ? Early ID s pattern was stylised chevrons ( long low zig zags )rather than the parallel horizontal lines seen here...

Or do you mean the height control level being over on the left ?..the painted panels on the quadrant..the white triangular patterns for 1 up and 2 up look "different" to me..maybe just the passing of the years !

Default Another 39 photos here

Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by fritzelhund
    Or do you allude to the embossing passern on the aluminium switch panel itself ? Early ID s pattern was stylised chevrons ( long low zig zags )rather than the parallel horizontal lines seen here...

Or do you mean the height control level being over on the left ?..the painted panels on the quadrant..the white triangular patterns for 1 up and 2 up look "different" to me..maybe just the passing of the years !
    Impressive ... You picked lots more than me (you must have good eyesight w!!).... I reckon I'd need to knowledge of buttercup Bob to pick that much.

So how can we tell the cars just been painted and not quite re-assembled yet then

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    Impressive ... You picked lots more than me (you must have good eyesight w!!).... I reckon I'd need to knowledge of buttercup Bob to pick that much.

So how can we tell the cars just been painted and not quite re-assembled yet then

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Are we guessing from the interior picture here?

If so has it got to do with the colour of the door trim and the colour of the actual door inside?

Im probably completely wrong?

Stalled
    Last edited by STALLED; 9th October 2005 at 12:46 PM.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED
    Are we guessing from the interior picture here?

If so has it got to do with the colour of the trim and the colour of the door inside?

Im probably completely wrong?

Stalled
    The height control lever from being on the wrong side screams "extremelly early" possibly '56 model. I thought it was only DS's (no ID's) that had this problem, and only the first few slough built cars.

You can tell it's been just freshly painted but not quite finished as the rubber weather strips haven't yet been fitted to the outside of the window. You can see the holes the clips press into.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by cruiserman
    Nice shots cruiserman, the D is naturally photogenic, but love some of your reflection pics

Pottsy, what's with the upside down chevrons on Moby's bootlid

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood
    Nice shots cruiserman, the D is naturally photogenic, but love some of your reflection pics

Cheers
    Chris
    Yep it was a bit of an opportunity to play with the new toy, I have the photos in raw format (8mb) to experiment with later.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Default Height control lever

My ID is a 1960 French built model, and it has the height control lever on the 'wrong' side. Guess it ain't just the VERY early models saddled with it. What colour was the exterior?. Interested to know, given that the interior door panel appears to be Quandong - same colour as my exterior!.

regards,
    Keith

Fellow Frogger!

Default early ID

All first nose cars had the height control on the left side...not converted for RHD at all.

Second nose ( rubber tipped bumpers ) had the height control swapped to the right side installed with a transfer lever down below the front seats.

What really impresses is the level of trimming on LHD Pallas trimmed cars with stainless and carpet covers over this painted quadrant.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood

Pottsy, what's with the upside down chevrons on Moby's bootlid

Cheers
    Chris
    Well it's like this. When I had the rust in the bootlid repaired, Brenton (the Panel Bloke) had a touch of brain fade. (He normally works on Minis!)

He offered to change them round, but I reckon it was more fun to leave them that way, claim it as a cunning aerodynamic aid, and see how many people noticed. You're number 7, all the people on the run included!

Anyway, I reckon it makes Moby stand out from the crowd!

Cheers, Pottsy
    (Recovering from a strenuous week, inluding the couple of hours spent by the side of the Hume Highway repairing the @#%^^$# regulator return hose that decided enough was enough!)
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") Seasoned traveller
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Next project
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Fellow Frogger!

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by pottsy
    Well it's like this. When I had the rust in the bootlid repaired, Brenton (the Panel Bloke) had a touch of brain fade. (He normally works on Minis!)

He offered to change them round, but I reckon it was more fun to leave them that way, claim it as a cunning aerodynamic aid, and see how many people noticed. You're number 7, all the people on the run included!

Anyway, I reckon it makes Moby stand out from the crowd!

Cheers, Pottsy
    (Recovering from a strenuous week, inluding the couple of hours spent by the side of the Hume Highway repairing the @#%^^$# regulator return hose that decided enough was enough!)
    Hi Pottsy

Good to hear you had a good run and hope you got rid of that nasty wine you had in Wagga.

My uncle finnaly made it to ACT on Sunday after some interesting times with his D. The worst bit was when he put a BIG dint in the drivers rear door backing into the carport to bleed the brakes. Now we know how to remove door handles trim and moldings as well as how to panelbeat door skins

I realy wanted to tell why the shevrons were on upside down on Moby but thaught the pleasure should be all yours.

I hope the co-driver enjoyed himself to the max and helped you get rid of that reoccurring wine.

Now that you ask, yes we did get home without the help of a support vehicle.

Cooch

Cooch. Glad you made it OK.

The Co-driver has been dragged over to the dark side. When I left his home on Monday afternoon he was trying hard to convince Rosemary that he needed to have a Citroen! (He hasn't decided between DS, CX or 2 CV yet!) And drinking the wine from the Diff seems to have (a) made the car lighter and (b) clouded the passenger's jusdgment!

Are you going to have another go at putting the photos up? When you open the reply window, scroll down to the "manage attachments" button. Pressing this will open a new window with three lines each with a "Browse" button beside it. Press the "browse" button and select the picture you want to post. (It must be less than 100K in size) Once the picture's file name is in the little window to the left of the button, press the "Upload" button over on the right.

Once you "Submit Reply" your picture should appear at the bottom of your post.

Go on, have another go.
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Fellow Frogger!

Default Pottsy Here We Go

This is try #3

Well that didn't work. I went Blouse, My doc/my pic/kodak then I highlighted 100_0645jpg then Upload, the curser went from arrow to hourglass for about 5-8 min then submit............... not a sausage.
    [email protected]@dy *&#$!*ing computers.

1 pissed off Cooch
    Last edited by Cooch Goodwin; 13th October 2005 at 12:38 PM.

I sympathise totally Cooch. Computers should all be taken out and humanely shot!

If this works, here's one for you, just to annoy you further!

If your upload is successful, the file name should appear as a "Current Attachment" just below the line of three "browse" buttons.

Cheers, Pottsy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pix of Commemerative Rally-cooch-cx.jpg  
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Cooch Goodwin
    This is try #3

Well that didn't work. I went Blouse, My doc/my pic/kodak then I highlighted 100_0645jpg then Upload, the curser went from arrow to hourglass for about 5-8 min then submit............... not a sausage.
    [email protected]@dy *&#$!*ing computers.

1 pissed off Cooch
    Cooch, I suspect your image size - uploading via the forum will only allow images up to 100kb, your camera images will no doubt be much bigger. You will need to re-size. I know you want to do this yourself, but if you need help email the pics to me and I'll re-size for you
    greenblood(at)aussiefrogs.com

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Default not the photo i wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Cooch Goodwin
    Hopefully a couple of photos from Wagga Wagga on Sunday featuring Moby Dick.............

WTF happened to my photos?
    WoooHoooo just look at this will you. My neighbours computer whiz son was home yesterday and I grabbed him to give me some pointers. GreenBlood you are right my picks are to big and need re sizing. I will have a go again later.

When the whiz kid sent the photo he made it smaller as in kb and he did it on his computer not mine, I do not know how to do this on my computer.

My photos are in a Kodak Easyshare program and I don't think this program shrinks photos. So I may have to wait untill he comes back home from Wagga were he lives.

GreenBlood and Pottsy if you PM me your Postal Address I will post you a CD with the pix for you to have a look at.

Cooch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pix of Commemerative Rally-100_0551.jpg  
    Last edited by Cooch Goodwin; 14th October 2005 at 03:00 PM.

Thread Information