BX on eBay...repeat; BX on eBay....repeat;
  • Register
  • Help

Icon11 BX on eBay...repeat; BX on eBay....repeat;

His feedback score's beginning to look a bit howsyafather.

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayI...erid=phil_m772

Advertisement

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts

That's the dodgiest feedback I've ever seen on eBay. Anyone who buys from him almost deserves to be ripped off.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Icon5 comment and question

I was actually going to ask a general question about Bx's with reference to this car. It was for auction before we went O/S and is now back up.

Glad I didn't type up a post as I don't have time to burn as it takes me ages to type a few lines and it is an obvious waste of time.

Oh bugger it, for future reference....How are the hydraulics in the BX's, reliability wise? I am guessing, like most things mechanical and Citroen, as long as they are looked after they will look after you??
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

You're pretty close to the mark.
    BX hydraulics are amongst the most basic of all Citroen hydraulics as they consist of 4 suspension spheres and one accumulator. Possibly the greatest common problem service wise is the octopus or return lines which are vulcanised into one section where 8 meet and are distributed around the system. We did one on a 16V which is possibly a worse case scenario due to lack of access ans by doing it on a one out one in system by tying them together and having the car jacked up high on axle stands it took a couple of hours to do.
    Apart from that, they are a fairly bomb proof system if you get the spheres checked every 2 or 3 years and do an LHM change and filter clean every 3 years or 60,000 klms; a stictch in time as neither of those jobs are expensive ones.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thanks Alan,
    Always good to venture forth for-warned about these things. I have always liked the look of BX's even after seeing Chris' heamoraging greenblood at the Grand Display this year.

Chris

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by HONG KONG PUGGY
    Thanks Alan,
    Always good to venture forth for-warned about these things. I have always liked the look of BX's even after seeing Chris' heamoraging greenblood at the Grand Display this year.

Chris
    'twas green, 'twas liquid, but 'twern't greenblood (LHM) 'twas coolant, all fixed - slightly embarrassing with the car prominently displayed

The car on ebay, if memory serves me well, has been inspected by Ken W and basically got the thumbs down...

**Welcome home Chris and family

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thanks Chris.
    We are settled abck now, 2 of the 3 kids went to school yesterday ....only problem I had to drive them

Thanks fort he heads up on the BX...didn't think it was too good. Asked if I could come see it, haven't had a reply yet

Yes I knew it was just coolant, we discussed it on the day, but looked like greenblood though.

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

Thread Information