Commemorative Rally - who's going?
  • Register
  • Help

Default Commemorative Rally - who's going?

Just wondering who, and which D's, will be participating in the upcoming 50th birthday commemorative rally running from 2-8 October (this weekend!!)?

Not sure if the organisers are able to publish a list?

Sophie (1974 DS Safari) will only be able to join her sisters at the dinner in Canberra on the 8th October and the display which I believe is on the 9th in front of old or new Parly house. (edit: The disply is on the 8th between 2pm and 4 pm.)

Advertisement

More info can be found at:
    www.fiftyyearscitroendsid.net
    http://www.citroencarclub.org.au/for...opic.php?t=975

Hope that all who are participating have a great time.

Last edited by pajamas; 30th September 2005 at 10:10 AM.

Paul in Canberra

1974 DS Safari (aka Sophie Safari)
    1972 SM (aka Simone, aka S'Moan)
    Subaru WRX

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas
    Just wondering who, and which D's, will be participating in the upcoming 50th birthday commemorative rally running from 2-8 October (this weekend!!)?

Not sure if the organisers are able to publish a list?

Sophie (1974 DS Safari) will only be able to join her sisters at the dinner in Canberra on the 8th October and the display which I believe is on the 9th in front of old or new Parly house.

More info can be found at:
    www.fiftyyearscitroendsid.net
    http://www.citroencarclub.org.au/for...opic.php?t=975

Hope that all who are participating have a great time.

Hi pagamas Paul

My uncle and I are going to Wagga in my CX on the Sunday the 2nd to have a look and if poss a ride in a D as uncle has one and wants to know how they are supposed to ride.

We were going over in his D but due to a tragic loss of vital fluid and parts not turning up we are going to give the CX its first run out of town. Wagga is about 100 k away, not to far for my mates to drag a trailer if things go pear shaped. I might even get some much needed knowledge on the CX.

eye might see you in ACT sometime huh.

Cooch

Hi Cooch,

I'm only a new DS owner, and I too am still discovering how they are 'supposed' to ride... I've found it's best to ride in an many different cars as possible. I'm always happy to trade drives or rides!

We were hoping to get to Wagga this weekend to farewell the tour, but now have just a 20% chance of getting there. As mentioned, will definitely be at the dinner and display days on the 8th and 9th though.

Paul in Canberra

Subaru WRX

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Cooch,

I'm only a new DS owner, and I too am still discovering how they are 'supposed' to ride... I've found it's best to ride in an many different cars as possible. I'm always happy to trade drives or rides!

We were hoping to get to Wagga this weekend to farewell the tour, but now have just a 20% chance of getting there. As mentioned, will definitely be at the dinner and display days on the 8th and 9th though.

Paul

As I understand it the 2nd is the time to be in Wagga at the Wagga beach Caravan Park. If not please tell me as the information I am getting is a bit scetchy concerning these things.

Spose you will be going down the Hume H\W through Gundagai n not taking the Harden exit that goes through Coota. At any rate I cant miss Sophie.

What does 20% mean? is Soph unreliable, work commitments, time, money,

Cooch

Cooch,

The website mentions that the first day of the rally is the 2nd (Sunday) at the caravan park.

Sophie is 100% reliable (fingers crossed!). It's just that we've spend five out of the last five weekends away and really need some home time.

Come to think of it, an interesting drive through Harden and Coota might be the only way to convince 'The Treasurer' to go for six out of six!

Will let you know how I get on...

Paul in Canberra

Subaru WRX

Fellow Frogger!

Cooch,

The website mentions that the first day of the rally is the 2nd (Sunday) at the caravan park.

Sophie is 100% reliable (fingers crossed!). It's just that we've spend five out of the last five weekends away and really need some home time.

Come to think of it, an interesting drive through Harden and Coota might be the only way to convince 'The Treasurer' to go for six out of six!

Will let you know how I get on...
    Sounds Good

Default We'll be there!

Me & Moby Dick will be there (possibly with bells on!)

Look out for the Aussiefrogs sticker on the back window, or maybe the Moby Dick artwork on the car.

Hope to catch up with a lot of smiling, happy, like-minded lunatics and also a lot of DS expertise over the week!

Cheers, Pottsy.
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2018 C3 Shine ("Oscar" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1982 2CV6 ("Gaston") Seasoned traveller
    1975 GS Pallas ("GiSelle") Next project
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by pottsy
    Me & Moby Dick will be there (possibly with bells on!)

Look out for the Aussiefrogs sticker on the back window, or maybe the Moby Dick artwork on the car.

Hope to catch up with a lot of smiling, happy, like-minded lunatics and also a lot of DS expertise over the week!

Cheers, Pottsy.
    I must now go and shine the one on the back of the CX

Default DS 50th anniversary rally

For anyone wishing to attend to "Grande Display" being held at Old Parliament House in Canberra please note that it is on Saturday the 8th of October between 2.00pm and 4.00pm.NOT the 9th of October as some correspondents have noted.

The Rally is commencing in Wagga Wagga on Sunday the 2nd October where we are staying overnight at the Wagga Beach Caravan Park so anyone wishing to come and say hello the best times would be either Sunday evening or Monday morning before depart at 9.00am.

For privacy reasons I have not published a list of entrants however there will be 40 plus cars in the display (DS/ID'S only)

I hope this puts an end to any confusion.

Brian W
    Rally Organizer CCCQ

Quote Originally Posted by slough40
    For privacy reasons I have not published a list of entrants however there will be 40 plus cars in the display (DS/ID'S only)
    Thought that might have been the case. Sorry to create any confusion about the date of the display in Canberra. (I've edited my original post.)

Congratulations on getting so many D's to the event - can hardly wait.

Paul in Canberra

Subaru WRX

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

We were going to follow the DS's up from Beachworth, it's a DS only rally though (and I would have been driving a CX). We weren't keen to go back to Canberra either as we were only there last year for the Cit-in

It would have been nice to see all those DS's. ....

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by slough40
    For anyone wishing to attend to "Grande Display" being held at Old Parliament House in Canberra please note that it is on Saturday the 8th of October between 2.00pm and 4.00pm.NOT the 9th of October as some correspondents have noted.

The Rally is commencing in Wagga Wagga on Sunday the 2nd October where we are staying overnight at the Wagga Beach Caravan Park so anyone wishing to come and say hello the best times would be either Sunday evening or Monday morning before depart at 9.00am.

I hope this puts an end to any confusion.

Brian W
    Rally Organizer CCCQ
    Thanks for that Brian I think Sundy arvos the go.

Do I wear a name tag with Cooch on it so every one knows they should avoid the strange little man from Coota, or do I just slip in all quiet like n just bump into people mumbling things like "who are you and what do you eat?

You comming or not Paul?

Hoo roo
    Cooch

Quote Originally Posted by Cooch Goodwin
    You comming or not Paul?

Hoo roo
    Cooch

Unfortunately not.

Will ctch upi with everyone in Canberra next week. Have a great rally!

Paul in Canberra

Subaru WRX

Fellow Frogger!

Default Went to Wagga Sunday

Uncle & I took off for Wagga on Sundy 2nd about 11am arriving 1 hour later, found the Wagga beach caravan park spotted some "Ds" and went in.

Ds were arriving all arvo. They recon on 100 cars by the time they get to Canberra.

Took a few happy snaps that I will try and post when I have worked out how to do it, got some hints in this regard from Pottsy he was easy to find what with bells on. Moby Dick looked a treat with his LED blinkers and stop light above the rear window, nice stuff.

The Cx went well on its maiden voyage apart from speedo not working, fuel guage going crazy, intermittent tacho, headlights blinking off n on and engine stalling and not wanting to re-start.

I think the dash problems stem from me soldering the circuit board to get the fuel guage light working. I will have to revisit this.

The stalling prob I think is due to the car not being started fo 2 years prior to me getting it. Maybe the idler jet is blocked, I will pull the carby off and strip it n give it a good clean out. I don't feel a kit is warranted at this stage (mainly coz I cant afford the $s.

Cop you later

Cooch

Thread Information