Wild Kangaroo jumpin' BX needs taming
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Wild Kangaroo jumpin' BX needs taming

Hi,
    Anyone out there have suggestions on stuttering Citroen BX engines? After driving up a steep slope the motor in my petrol BX 1.8 Saloon ( 1991 ) suffers from wild kangaroo-type jumping, suggesting a petrol feed problem. I had a re-conditioned engine fitted to to the car after the original engine seized as a result of this same fault. Despite the replacement engine ( which included a new carburetor but not the petrol pump ) the fault has continued. The fault comes and goes arbitrarily, making it hard to diagnose via a garage.

Advertisement

Thanks,

William ( MADRID SPAIN)

Tadpole

Default test

test reply

Quote Originally Posted by William Gibbs
    Hi,
    Anyone out there have suggestions on stuttering Citroen BX engines? After driving up a steep slope the motor in my petrol BX 1.8 Saloon ( 1991 ) suffers from wild kangaroo-type jumping, suggesting a petrol feed problem. I had a re-conditioned engine fitted to to the car after the original engine seized as a result of this same fault. Despite the replacement engine ( which included a new carburetor but not the petrol pump ) the fault has continued. The fault comes and goes arbitrarily, making it hard to diagnose via a garage.

Thanks,

William ( MADRID SPAIN)

twm

Hi,

Thanks,

William ( MADRID SPAIN)
    Not just an engine mount or some other mounting giving way under load?

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

Tadpole

Default Jumpin BX

No, i think it definately petrol/ carb or possibly ignition, though the uphill thing suggests the former. Hey, thanks for the suggestion,Á

All the best,

WILLIAM

Quote Originally Posted by twm
    Not just an engine mount or some other mounting giving way under load?

twm

No, i think it definately petrol/ carb or possibly ignition, though the uphill thing suggests the former. Hey, thanks for the suggestion,Á

All the best,

WILLIAM
    DO a test at high reves say 3500 stay in a low gear, does this make a difference.
    Only other thing I can think of is float level in the carb

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

Tadpole

Default Jumping BX

Yes I've tride running it at vert high revs but it doesn't seem to clear it. I'll look into the float level in the carb, that would explain why the steep hill triggers off the stuttering.

Thanks a lot,

WILL

Quote Originally Posted by twm
    DO a test at high reves say 3500 stay in a low gear, does this make a difference.
    Only other thing I can think of is float level in the carb

Thread Information