First Big Trip-Pluriel
  • Help

Default First Big Trip-Pluriel

Nearly 3 months into our Plurial ownership and our first big trip.Canberra to Kangaroo Island and back. 4000 Km in 8 days. Two of us .
    The little girl didn't miss a beat.The leather seats are the most comfortable we have experienced.She copped heavy rain,wind, sunshine and came through a champ. Ample room for luggage in back.Lots of interest from people along the way. best comment-"I didn't know they still make citroens".
    I love this car.

Advertisement

It's great to hear you had such a nice trip! I really wanna do one in my Xsara. Had it 4 months & the longest drive I've probably done was a round trip from Sydney to Kiama. Damn that thing called work! I really wanna drive up to Cairns via Forster, Byron Bay, Gold Coast and Brisbane.

best comment-"I didn't know they still make citroens".
    I believe it. No one knows what they are. I made everyone at my old work aware of them, and I'm starting to do the same at my new job.
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi
    '04 CitroŽn Xsara VTS missed

best comment-"I didn't know they still make citroens".
    This comment is very common. I also hear things like [QUOTE]"Isnt that the car that went up and down-the DX"? [QUOTE]

People really have no idea its very sad otherwise Citroen would be a best seller.
    Im really glad to hear that the Pluriel went well on your long trip. It must have really been singing to you.

Fellow Frogger!

[QUOTE=danielsydney]This comment is very common. I also hear things like [QUOTE]"Isnt that the car that went up and down-the DX"?

People really have no idea its very sad otherwise Citroen would be a best seller.
    Im really glad to hear that the Pluriel went well on your long trip. It must have really been singing to you.
    When people see the CX they say the same things

Do they still make em, does it go up and down etc

I say yep and their winning the world rally championships too.

Fellow Frogger!

Default reputations

Great to hear the observations......there was a time when every Cit owner would wave or acknowledge another......

I believe the glory days were marred by poor product quality..and in the public perception by the appearance...( not the style..but the ability to be a good durable consumer product )
    In this market Fiat lost credibility ( like Lancia in the UK ) because of poor quality bodywork...Ds are flimsy in body panels, the delicious soft interior fabrics not very sun tolerant, steering wheels of moulded plastics that melt in our sun....
    French metallic paints lasted four years here before looking as glossy as a concrete footpath. Cxs looked tatty after a few years, and it wasn't that long before the rust flowers appeared inder the exterior door trims or the inside door trims curled up, split and popped. ...or the rear windows fell out !
    Hyundais are still looking good ! In terms of long term durability with the elements...still don't want one !
    C5s have been around for a few years now and they'r still looking pretty presentable, so things are looking better at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Oby.
    She copped heavy rain,wind, sunshine and came through a champ.
    Yes, but have you tried it with the top down (in sunny weather) yet???

Ample room for luggage in back.
    Where? In the back!? Do you have a long wheel-base version? I struggle to fit an esky and a couple of folding chairs in mine. Did you have the back seats folded down?

Lots of interest from people along the way.
    I get that with mine too. The other day at a set of traffic lights I had some bloke that was built like Sly Stalone get out of his car and come walking over to me. I had the top down and thought I was a dead man!! He (in broken English with an eastern Eurpoean accent) says, "Love the car! It's beautiful."
    Breathing a sigh of relief, "Thank's mate." I replied.
    This sort of thing happens to me often... at toll booth operators, petrol station attandants, all sorts of people who would see thousands of cars per day say it's unusual and they like it.

"I didn't know they still make citroens"
    Personally, I've never had this one.

I love this car.
    I agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesII
    Yes, but have you tried it with the top down (in sunny weather) yet???

Where? In the back!? Do you have a long wheel-base version? I struggle to fit an esky and a couple of folding chairs in mine. Did you have the back seats folded down?

I get that with mine too. The other day at a set of traffic lights I had some bloke that was built like Sly Stalone get out of his car and come walking over to me. I had the top down and thought I was a dead man!! He (in broken English with an eastern Eurpoean accent) says, "Love the car! It's beautiful."
    Breathing a sigh of relief, "Thank's mate." I replied.
    This sort of thing happens to me often... at toll booth operators, petrol station attandants, all sorts of people who would see thousands of cars per day say it's unusual and they like it.

Personally, I've never had this one.

I agree 100%!
    Hi James,
    No top down for any length of time yet-but Canberrra is warming up.

My wife and I had no problems fitting our bags, my camera gear,tripod etc,plus extras into the boot area. I even had the rear shelf thing in the boot in case the roof came off. I must say on the return trip a bit of extra luggage- wine food etc was placed on the back seat.

Average fuel consumption for trip about 6.5 litres /100 km.

Does this french metalic paint really deterioate fast in the Australian sun? Are there any products out there that can reduce the elements effects?

Icon3

Does this french metalic paint really deterioate fast in the Australian sun? Are there any products out there that can reduce the elements effects?
    Oby, you are refering to our friend fritz yes??

Fritz is a bit like a reformed smoker - he remembers so much of the negative aspects of his Citroen experience but sadly seems to have forgotten their many virtues... (umm maybe a bad analogy - smoking, virtues )

Metalic paints have come a long way since the 60s and 70s and so too has the way in which vehicles are put together.

Your metalic paint will stand up as well as any modern car, keep a good quality polish up to it, garage it whenever possible, take particular care of the painted plastic components (these will be the first to suffer) and your pride and joy should look as good in 15 - 20 years as it does today.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood
    Oby, you are refering to our friend fritz yes??

Fritz is a bit like a reformed smoker - he remembers so much of the negative aspects of his Citroen experience but sadly seems to have forgotten their many virtues... (umm maybe a bad analogy - smoking, virtues )

Metalic paints have come a long way since the 60s and 70s and so too has the way in which vehicles are put together.

Your metalic paint will stand up as well as any modern car, keep a good quality polish up to it, garage it whenever possible, take particular care of the painted plastic components (these will be the first to suffer) and your pride and joy should look as good in 15 - 20 years as it does today.

Cheers
    Chris
    Thanks Chris, "I feel better now"

Thread Information