Proud new owner of a C2
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Proud new owner of a C2

G'day All,

Just become a member and only recently collected my demonstrator C2 VT-R. So I suppose this is a hello to all those other C2 owners out there - make yourselves known!

Tony.

Advertisement

Congrats on the purchase, the C2 is a great car!

Welcome to Aussie Frogs!
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi
    '04 CitroŽn Xsara VTS missed

Icon14 Another C2 owner by the name of Tony!

Hello there Tony;

Welcome to the forum, and to the delights of C2 ownership!

I have had mine for 13 months now, over 25000 km, and have loved every minute of it...I enjoy it more every time I drive it.

What colour did you get? Perhaps post a couple of pictures?

Cheers
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

Quote Originally Posted by Nil Time
    Hello there Tony;

I have had mine for 13 months now, over 25000 km, and have loved every minute of it...I enjoy it more every time I drive it.

What colour did you get? Perhaps post a couple of pictures?

Cheers
    Great to hear someone who's 25000km down the track and still happy - makes me feel more confident. As the Sensodrive and I get used to each other we're getting along better - we've had a few scary moments when our definitions of "must move NOW (or that truck bearing down on us.... )" have differed.

Sorry to say that mine too is black! I wouldn't have minded the blue but the black demonstrator was there and it does look good!

Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Proud new owner of a C2-front-view-terrigal-cropped-again-.jpg  
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    2015 Peugeot 308 Allure Premium Touring
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

(Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

Quote Originally Posted by BlackC2
    Great to hear someone who's 25000km down the track and still happy - makes me feel more confident. As the Sensodrive and I get used to each other we're getting along better - we've had a few scary moments when our definitions of "must move NOW (or that truck bearing down on us.... )" have differed.

Sorry to say that mine too is black! I wouldn't have minded the blue but the black demonstrator was there and it does look good!

Tony
    Nice choice in the black, I probably would've gove for the black or red. Did you by any chance purchase it from McCarol's? If so, I've driven your car!
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi

Quote Originally Posted by OG15
    Nice choice in the black, I probably would've gove for the black or red. Did you by any chance purchase it from McCarol's? If so, I've driven your car!
    No, I got mine from Rick Damelian - 900k's on it. Was yours new?
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

Previous Frogs: 1999 Peugeot 306 Cabriolet; 1996 Peugeot 406ST, 1991 Peugeot 205Si, 2005 Citroen C2 VTR, 1984 Renault Fuego GTX, 1985 Renault Fuego GTX.

(Previous Bulldogs: 1974 Jaguar XJ6; 1988 Jaguar XJ-S, 1974 Jaguar XJ6, Rover P6 (X6))

Great to hear that its going great after 25000km. My C3 is well out of warranty now and fingers crossed but she is behaving really well. I love the car.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Great to hear that its going great after 25000km. My C3 is well out of warranty now and fingers crossed but she is behaving really well. I love the car.
    Colliers are a great bunch of experts, i'm sure they'll take great care of it.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

im surprised no body wants the yellow color in the C2?

The dark blue is very nice indeed.

No, I got mine from Rick Damelian - 900k's on it. Was yours new?
    Well I don't have one (there's still time...), but the one I drove was a demo.
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi

Quote Originally Posted by jasC2
    im surprised no body wants the yellow color in the C2?
    I think I've seen more yellow C2's (saw another yesterday in parked Pyrmont) on the road than any other colour, next most common would be black.
    '10 CitroŽn C4 HDi

Hi Tony,

Welcome. I have black one as well. Now 14 months old but only 8,000 ks - I don't get out that much.

I actually think black its the most comon colour, but there is a business [real estate I think] in Leichhardt that has 3 yellow ones which you see out and about quite often.

Cheers,
    ColinHarry
    Vespa Granturismo 200

Welcome. I have black one as well. Now 14 months old but only 8,000 ks - I don't get out that much.

Thankyou.

8,000k in 14 months! Your's will be one of those low kay "minters" a few years down the track and will make it so hard for the rest of us so sell ours!

Any problems so far?

Tony.

P.S. I don't care what you all say - I've NEVER seen a yellow one!
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

They are very very good cars, I have done 30,000kms in mine with no problemes. When will we see the VTS?!, I think Citroen chose the wrong model to bring to Australia.

i would be very tempted if they brough a manual VTS to australia

moosey

Quote Originally Posted by ColinHarry
    Hi Tony,

I actually think black its the most comon colour, but there is a business [real estate I think] in Leichhardt that has 3 yellow ones which you see out and about quite often.

Cheers,
    They're in fact a photography studio. Cars are signed up to promote the business - certainly create the desired impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Davide Perinet
    They are very very good cars, I have done 30,000kms in mine with no problemes. When will we see the VTS?!, I think Citroen chose the wrong model to bring to Australia.
    I agree with that!

Troy.

Any problems so far?

Tony.
    Tony,

My car has had from the regular upgrades to the sensodrive [ 3 so far - yours would have come with these already done], and the fix to the noisy rear brakes.

The only other problem is that about once every couple of months the central locking will refuse to lock. It is quite odd. You cannot lock a C2 with the key, only the plip. This has happened a few times now. The car will not lock, but wait five minutes and it locks OK. It hapens with both remotes and the dealer replaced some part in the central locking, but it still occurs. Dealer says there is no failure recorded in the car's computer and it may be caused by electrical interference?? As it happens so rarely it has never happened while in for a service.

I have read on a UK site that central locking problems are common on C2s, but there does not seem to be a 'fix' my particular one. A bit annoying!

Cheers,
    ColinHarry
    Vespa Granturismo 200

Quote Originally Posted by ColinHarry
    You cannot lock a C2 with the key, only the plip.
    There is no key lock on any of the doors, even on the wrong side like the C4?

Troy.

My car has had from the regular upgrades to the sensodrive [ 3 so far - yours would have come with these already done], and the fix to the noisy rear brakes.

The only other problem is that about once every couple of months the central locking will refuse to lock. It is quite odd. You cannot lock a C2 with the key, only the plip. This has happened a few times now. The car will not lock, but wait five minutes and it locks OK. It hapens with both remotes and the dealer replaced some part in the central locking, but it still occurs. Dealer says there is no failure recorded in the car's computer and it may be caused by electrical interference?? As it happens so rarely it has never happened while in for a service.

I have read on a UK site that central locking problems are common on C2s, but there does not seem to be a 'fix' my particular one. A bit annoying!

Did you notice any improvements with the upgrades? Mine is still a little slow to drop into fifth and each of those upshifts seem to take ages! Otherwise I haven't had too many problems such as it wanting to drop into first when exiting roundabouts, etc (as mentioned in EVO magazine).

Re the central locking. I'd forgotten until you mentioned it but I have had one case where the bloody thing wouldn't lock - the first time I stopped after picking up the car! We were in the depths of the Bondi Junction Westfield car park and nothing we did would make it lock, and like you say we couldn't even lock it manually! After abou ten minutes of frantic Owner's Manual reading the thing just locked anyway! It's never happened since but it's interesting to hear that this is known to happen to C2s.

Tony.
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

Did you notice any improvements with the upgrades?
    Tony.
    The sensodrive upgrades have made a big difference. On the first iteration the change ups from 2nd to 3rd were very erratic, as were the change downs when slowing for a corner. Also at car park speeds it would continually change between 1 and 2.

I actually think the senso is now very good. I drive almost entirely in city trafffic, leaving it in auto mode most of the time. The C2 is much more fun to drive that your regular little slush box.

One thing I don't like is that when the engine is cold it changes up at very low revs.... need to use manual override.

cheers,
    ColinHarry
    Vespa Granturismo 200

One thing I don't like is that when the engine is cold it changes up at very low revs.... need to use manual override.
    You're right - that first upchange to second happens straight away when cold. This especially doesn't help me as my driveway backs onto a hill so when I go forward after backing out it just pops into second and dies. I think it's improving but for now I keep it in manual mode until the engine warms up.

T.
    2014 Peugeot 208GTi
    1982 Alfa Romeo GTV

My C3 occasionally refuses to lock as well. I sometimes come back in the morning and the car is unlocked. Now, I take my laptop all the time in case it doesn't do it. I thought it might be the battery, but it still "locks" from some distance away (about 25 m or more), so I don't think so. Good to know that it's just 5 minutes to wait.

Andrew
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    There is no key lock on any of the doors, even on the wrong side like the C4?

Troy.
    hahaha.

Yes can anyone explain why theres a keyhole on my passenger door??? How stupid is that, what exactly is the point?
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information