Need CX and D Special info
  • Help

Default Need CX and D Special info

Just picked up a 1979 CX auto ( recently advertised for sale ) Managed to push it on the trailer to pick it up and the same at its new home in Campbelltown. Motor eventually started but I could not get it into 1st - lots of gear teeth gnashing. Could this be a lack of oil in the auto or am I doing something wrong. Not having driven one of these before I thought that I need only pull it into 1st to engage the drive.

On my D Special engine rebuild, it tells me to put some hermetic sealing compound on the gasket between the sump and block. What is it in real terms?

Advertisement
    Rob B

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B
    Just picked up a 1979 CX auto ( recently advertised for sale ) Managed to push it on the trailer to pick it up and the same at its new home in Campbelltown. Motor eventually started but I could not get it into 1st - lots of gear teeth gnashing. Could this be a lack of oil in the auto or am I doing something wrong. Not having driven one of these before I thought that I need only pull it into 1st to engage the drive.

On my D Special engine rebuild, it tells me to put some hermetic sealing compound on the gasket between the sump and block. What is it in real terms?
    It's got to be a C-matic ??? Full automatics will not 'crunch' as such.

Anyway to save typing does this webpage help at all ??

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/shane/cmatic/cmatic.htm

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information