C4, new prize
  • Help

Thread: C4, new prize

Icon1 C4, new prize

CitroŽn C4 is the Wheels design champion.
    Australia's leading motoring magazine, Wheels, has crowned the CitroŽn C4 as the best designed new car in Australia in its first Wheels Automotive Design Awards (WADA) announced today (27 July 2005) with the presentation of its Gold Award for Outstanding Automotive Design.

The CitroŽn C4, which arrived in Australia in sedan and coupe forms in April this year, beat a host of top new models including the BMW 6 Series, the Honda Jazz, the Mazda 3 and 6, Mercedes-Benz A-Class and CLS, Mini Cooper S, Volkswagen Golf GTi and Volvo V50 to be voted by the judges as WADA overall winner.

"No other model attracted even a third of the volume of judges' comments," said Wheels in its summing up of the CitroŽn C4. "No rival enticed anything approaching the same intensity of tyre kicking and interior assessment. Confident and original, inside and out, the C4 effortlessly scooped the award by combining outstanding design qualities in disciplines as far removed as pedestrian safety, to the fixed sunroof to the fixed hub of the steering. It's spacious and stylish, with confident features that enrich the driving experience." The 11 WADA judges assessed each car entered for the awards on the basis of innovation, intelligence of design, visual impact and form, functionality, originality, quality and design manufacture, ergonomics, safety and environmental considerations

The 11 judges includes the present Wheels' editor, Ged Bulmer and former editor and motoring journalism legend, Peter Robinson as well as some of the country's leading designers and design engineers, including Mark Armstrong of BlueSky Creative, John Brown from Design Resource, Paul Cockburn, Matt Stanford and Sally Dominguez. The car industry was represented by Paul Beranger who has worked for Holden and Nissan before moving to head Toyota Style Australia and Chalisa Morrison, who works for Mitsubishi. Also on the panel were Janet James, newly appointed editor of Belle and former editor of Australian Interiors and the Daily Telegraph's Samantha Stevens.

Advertisement

"CitroŽn is honoured to receive the inaugural WADA Gold Award winner," says Miles Williams, General Manager for CitroŽn in Australia. "The CitroŽn C4 is without doubt, as the judges have clearly recognized, one of the most significant cars in the history of a company renowned for its unique, avant-garde products that have lead the way in car design. The CitroŽn C4 not only demonstrates a clear and decisive return to form, but also that it has made the advanced technology and award-winning available at a highly affordable price and with the most significant features available on all versions. We are proud and honoured to be able to accept this award on behalf of Jean-Pierre Plouť and the team that produced this remarkable car."
    <SCRIPT language=javascript><!--function getFirstHiddenChapter() { var tableTab = document.getElementsByTagName("table"); for (var i = 0; i < tableTab.length; i++) { var table = tableTab[i]; if ((table.id.indexOf("tableChapter") != -1 ) && (table.style.display == "none")) { return table; } } return null;}function getLastVisibleChapter() { var tableTab = document.getElementsByTagName("table"); var visibleTable = null; for (var i = 0; i < tableTab.length; i++) { var table = tableTab[i]; if ((table.id.indexOf("tableChapter") != -1 ) && (table.style.display != "none")) { visibleTable = table } } return visibleTable;}function hideSpan() { var table = getLastVisibleChapter(); if (table != null) table.style.display = "none";}function showSpan() { var table = getFirstHiddenChapter(); if (table != null) table.style.display = "inline";}--></SCRIPT>

Very old...

Daniel, are you working for Citroen Aust. PR team?
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Erm, didn't I post this last week? (see my citroen france postings) john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

UFO

Yes Daniel, the past few weeks seem to have left you behind...
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information