Citroen C6 coming soon....
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,918

    Icon1 Citroen C6 coming soon....

    http://www.citroen.com.au/cms/defaul...ticle&ID=21566

    Citroen.com.au has been updated and has the details and a small classy video. It looks like a great new Citroen but that front overhang is enormous. I thought the C3 had overhang...

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    I was considering it... but i don't think i'll touch it with a barge pole.

    No Citroen can be worth that much.. they're just not up to make "quality" - "expensive" cars.

    Jaguar Yes, Citroen No.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  3. #3
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Coolum Beach
    Posts
    2,051

    Default Uga Boga, go and suck a "citron"

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    I was considering it... but i don't think i'll touch it with a barge pole.

    No Citroen can be worth that much.. they're just not up to make "quality" - "expensive" cars.

    Jaguar Yes, Citroen No.

    Look Uga Boga , I'm sure you're quite a nice guy and just been miffed by a poor quality C4, but for God sake man your avatar IS a chevron, your signature is TWO chevrons, you own 2 Citroen, so stop wheingeing about Citroen. If it's such a problem, sell them and buy a Toyota.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

    DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen
    Look Uga Boga , I'm sure you're quite a nice guy and just been miffed by a poor quality C4, but for God sake man your avatar IS a chevron, your signature is TWO chevrons, you own 2 Citroen, so stop wheingeing about Citroen. If it's such a problem, sell them and buy a Toyota.
    Hey! That's the fun part of owning a Citroen

    No, all i'm saying is, Citroen won't do so well in the "prestige" sector... They don't have the name nor quality (at the moment), to hold up against some of the other brands in the same sector.

    How many 607's does Poo-goe sell per year here?
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  5. #5
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Coolum Beach
    Posts
    2,051

    Default Ahem

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Hey! That's the fun part of owning a Citroen

    No, all i'm saying is, Citroen won't do so well in the "prestige" sector... They don't have the name nor quality (at the moment), to hold up against some of the other brands in the same sector.

    How many 607's does Poo-goe sell per year here?

    Well I get your point but even this is debatable as Citroen has always been perceived in many countries (maybe not Australia, true) as being different,
    expensive, and yes prestigious. When I was a kid growing up in France the
    favorite car of the professions were the DS pallas, later on it was the CX,
    as you can see now President Chirac already has a C6.
    However I get your point that HERE in Australia, Citroen is not PERCEIVED yet
    as prestigious but that is only due to the fact marketing has not been pushed hard enough, it has been too sporadic. Whilst the Germans made prestige their "niche" here. Give Citroen time and hopefully the perception will change.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

    DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,980

    Default

    None, really. They only build them because the French government buys them.

    The C6 though, it is an individual car, I think it could be popular with a certain group of people.

    Today, I saw a Citroen SM in Toorak Villiage (its mentioned on this forum before I think), it reminded me of what Citroen can do when it works. I hope they have done their homework with the C6!

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen
    Well I get your point but even this is debatable as Citroen has always been perceived in many countries (maybe not Australia, true) as being different,
    expensive, and yes prestigious. When I was a kid growing up in France the
    favorite car of the professions were the DS pallas, later on it was the CX,
    as you can see now President Chirac already has a C6.
    However I get your point that HERE in Australia, Citroen is not PERCEIVED yet
    as prestigious but that is only due to the fact marketing has not been pushed hard enough, it has been too sporadic. Whilst the Germans made prestige their "niche" here. Give Citroen time and hopefully the perception will change.
    Well... definitely, the older Cits were considered prestige.. But after Poo-goe bought Citroen, wasn't Citroen made the budget brand of the two?

    Just look at the depreciation and price cuts from dealers in the U.K on Cits....
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  8. #8
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Coolum Beach
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergetov
    None, really. They only build them because the French government buys them.

    The C6 though, it is an individual car, I think it could be popular with a certain group of people.

    !

    that's what I was trying to say. This might actually BE the one to launch CITROEN for good in Australia in the prestige market.

    A fine exemple of that was Subaru. Do you remember the ad "SUBA...Who"
    Buyers stayed away in drove, even the name kept people away, no one wanted a bar of Subaru, not so long ago. It only took the WRX to change all thatand establish them here for good
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

    DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

  9. #9
    Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Coolum Beach
    Posts
    2,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Well... definitely, the older Cits were considered prestige.. But after Poo-goe bought Citroen, wasn't Citroen made the budget brand of the two?

    Just look at the depreciation and price cuts from dealers in the U.K on Cits....

    I suppose it is true when you put it like that. Don't forget they were desperate times, therefore desperate measured were needed. Citroen had to be"blanderised" or die. That's the price they paid. Now they've pulled through and my feeling is, Citroen Pride is back and...they must be pinning to get even.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

    DS23 IE Pallas Automatique Borg Warner
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive Automatique AM6
    C3 II 2010 Automatique AL4
    Peugeot Boxer Van hired from T.....y, that was manual!
    and bloody good too!

  10. #10
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default

    It only took the WRX to change all thatand establish them here for good
    It was actually the original Liberty that put subaru on the map in Australia.

  11. #11
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,918

    Default

    I know it is just marketing but that video coupled with the music and the french language at the end is total class. I keep watching it over and over. I love it.

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger! mattg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie NSW
    Posts
    191

    Default

    IMHO citroen need to get into Motorsport here if they want to get anyware. They have won the WRC so bring over a C4 and build it to our proto type regs and show the rice boys how it is done. (this is coming from an ex owner of 2 VR4 galants) If ford can see the value in the ARC surely citroen could make a go of it. Give them 5 years and they would be outselling the Subys. It's not an over night thing.

    The only reason the WRX is still around is because it is a rally king. Citroen obviously know how to build a AWD turbo for production and sell it by the boat load. Make it "real citroen" with decent suspension firmed up a bit, chuck in a 170kw motor and you could sell it to the massesor 45K. Up it to 220 as a giant killer for 60K.

    The only reason I even considered a Xsara is because of the Loab effect every 3rd sunday afternoon on 10.

    Rant over

    Cheers
    MattG
    2002 Xsara VTS

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger! 206 RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Well... definitely, the older Cits were considered prestige.. But after Poo-goe bought Citroen, wasn't Citroen made the budget brand of the two?

    Just look at the depreciation and price cuts from dealers in the U.K on Cits....
    Maybe you should change your name to Mini- Double Chevron.
    Clint

    Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

  14. #14
    Fellow Frogger! Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattg
    IMHO citroen need to get into Motorsport here if they want to get anyware. They have won the WRC so bring over a C4 and build it to our proto type regs and show the rice boys how it is done. (this is coming from an ex owner of 2 VR4 galants) If ford can see the value in the ARC surely citroen could make a go of it. Give them 5 years and they would be outselling the Subys. It's not an over night thing.

    The only reason the WRX is still around is because it is a rally king. Citroen obviously know how to build a AWD turbo for production and sell it by the boat load. Make it "real citroen" with decent suspension firmed up a bit, chuck in a 170kw motor and you could sell it to the massesor 45K. Up it to 220 as a giant killer for 60K.

    The only reason I even considered a Xsara is because of the Loab effect every 3rd sunday afternoon on 10.

    Rant over

    Cheers
    A C5-sized car that actually looks good, with whiz-bang oleopneumatic suspension, AWD and the choice of a decent turbo-diesel (not that weedy 2.2 HDi 4-cyl) or V6 power and better weight distribution please.......
    John

    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default

    A C5-sized car that actually looks good, with whiz-bang oleopneumatic suspension, AWD and the choice of a decent turbo-diesel (not that weedy 2.2 HDi 4-cyl) or V6 power and better weight distribution please.......
    So in essence you are saying that the current C5 has no real positive attributes? (you have said everything needs changing). Wonder why it doesn't sell then

    Citroen (and peugeot) need to rediscover how to tune suspension. Everyone else has caught up and passed them!!

  16. #16
    Sense Pug307's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen
    Look Uga Boga , I'm sure you're quite a nice guy and just been miffed by a poor quality C4, but for God sake man your avatar IS a chevron, your signature is TWO chevrons, you own 2 Citroen, so stop wheingeing about Citroen. If it's such a problem, sell them and buy a Toyota.
    C'mon, I'm sure Uga Boga can sure up his Cit loving credentials on Whirlpool's car forum

    Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

  17. #17
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    C'mon, I'm sure Uga Boga can sure up his Cit loving credentials on Whirlpool's car forum


    I could use some help... i am swamped by EX-Aussiefroggers discrediting French vehicles... .
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  18. #18
    who? when? huh? GTI124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gordon, NSW
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    That really is one damn fine looking car. Very drool worthy. I think it could be the car that makes Citroen again. It certainly has all the makings to do it.

    I'd consider one second hand...

    Don't think it's fair comparing it to the 607. The 607 isn't anything too flash. Looks nice enough, but not gob smackingly gorgeous like the C6.

    Only concern I'd have is they appear to use the same switchgear from the 307 on the doors. Come on Citroen, use some nicer switchgear on a car that costs this much!
    - Lincoln

    Contribute to the World Community Grid.

  19. #19
    who? when? huh? GTI124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gordon, NSW
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    C'mon, I'm sure Uga Boga can sure up his Cit loving credentials on Whirlpool's car forum
    Whirlpool has a car forum?
    - Lincoln

    Contribute to the World Community Grid.

  20. #20
    nJm
    nJm is offline
    Guru nJm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,930

    Default

    Not really, the 'Gadgets' forum often has car threads. Most common is "I want to buy a hatch for $25-30,000" so naturally they turn into 8 page battles between those who love Toyota Corollas, me offering advice on the Focus/3/Golf and Uga raving on about the wonderful quality of his C4. I love dealing with his split personalities. It is always fun finding out if he loves or hates Citroens on any given day
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR


    "All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

  21. #21
    1000+ Posts purrr-geot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    melb
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    I love it, so original & quirky yet so acceptable

  22. #22
    Fellow Frogger! ajpolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Tasmania
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purrr-geot
    I love it, so original & quirky yet so acceptable
    Eek! The Q word! sic 'im boys!
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

  23. #23
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nJm
    Not really, the 'Gadgets' forum often has car threads. Most common is "I want to buy a hatch for $25-30,000" so naturally they turn into 8 page battles between those who love Toyota Corollas, me offering advice on the Focus/3/Golf and Uga raving on about the wonderful quality of his C4. I love dealing with his split personalities. It is always fun finding out if he loves or hates Citroens on any given day


    I use Aussiefrogs for complaining about my Cit, since most people already own a Cit here...

    However, i promote Citroen among the Japanese lovers at Whirlpool, the more people who buy a Cit, the less depreciation on my Cits

    Just joking

    I just think that French marques on the whole are dealt with very harshly by the general public and especially those who own Japanese/Korean vehicles, most of it isn't warranted. I mean, as someone who owns two Citroens, i have the right to complain, but for those who own Japanese vehicles and have never owned a Citroen, yet see it as their right to continually label Citroen as "unreliable blah blah blah", absolutely disgraceful
    Last edited by Uga Boga; 1st September 2005 at 12:14 PM.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  24. #24
    nJm
    nJm is offline
    Guru nJm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,930

    Default

    Don't worry I completely agree. For ages I used to push the French cars in the various segments on there but gave up, although I do honestly believe the competition has moved it ahead of the Megane/307/C4 in many areas. But I still push 306s etc for those looking for used cars on there. I really can't stand all the "Corollas as the best cars in the world" posts, or those recommending sh*tboxes like Pulsars, Lancers and Civics against the rest of the pack. I love my froggies but don't want to be one of those blind supporters. I guess I can attribute it to us not getting some of the shockers like the Peugeot 309, Citroen ZX or the previous Renault Megane. Sure they had their charms in the same way an R19 has charm over a Laser or 323 but I still can't help but shudder at the blandness of them.

    But we are way off topic here, yes I love the new C6.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR


    "All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

  25. #25
    Fellow Frogger! Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mantra
    So in essence you are saying that the current C5 has no real positive attributes? (you have said everything needs changing). Wonder why it doesn't sell then

    Citroen (and peugeot) need to rediscover how to tune suspension. Everyone else has caught up and passed them!!
    I fear that that was my impression, as a hardened French car man; I couldn't find the charm in the C5 - the petrol 2 litre was too sluggish and the diesel, while certainly torquey, was not progressive in its power delivery and a little harsh. Big outside, small inside (relatively speaking), it felt vast and a wee bit cumbersome to drive after the Xantia but yet seemed more cramped in the rear. Like the 407/307 are relative to their wheelbases.

    And after putting up with a Xantia and AXGT, both bought new but both with an absolute raft of problems, there was nothing to the C5 that could make me jump back in the cold water [politely avoids indefinite ranting ].

    But I love oleopneumatics (hence we kept Xantia) and I love the potential Citroen has - I just hope the C6 and C5 replacement actually moves the company forwards as the C4 (design-if-not-execution-wise) has.
    John

    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •