I worked it out! Average fuel / speed in C3 (prolly C2, too)
  • Help

Default I worked it out! Average fuel / speed in C3 (prolly C2, too)

I've owned the car nearly two years and I've finally worked out how to make the average speed / fuel consumption trip thingy work!

Instructions:

a) Change to one of the two average trip computer functions
    b) Press in and hold the button which changes the trip function for two - three seconds
    c) Display will change to -.--.

Drive off, and it works! I use 6.7 l/100 km on my way home from work, and I do 94 km/h. Sweet.

Andrew

Advertisement
    2003 C3 Exclusive Panoramique auto

94km/h, 6.7l/100km - average - communting in Melbourne? You're a legend!!
    John

2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue
    2008 BMW 325i M-sport steptronic sedan - Alpineweiss
    2010 BMW 320d Touring Innovations - Space Grey

Quote Originally Posted by vanderaj
    I've owned the car nearly two years and I've finally worked out how to make the average speed / fuel consumption trip thingy work!
    Thanks for the instructions. Are these intended to supplement the ones that came with the car and clearly explained (in English) how holding the button for a few seconds resets the trip computer?

It took you 2 years!!!???

Instructions:

a) Change to one of the two average trip computer functions
    b) Press in and hold the button which changes the trip function for two - three seconds
    c) Display will change to -.--.

Drive off, and it works! I use 6.7 l/100 km on my way home from work, and I do 94 km/h. Sweet.

Andrew
    It works the same on the Xsara VTS and Pug 206 GTi as well.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesII
    Thanks for the instructions. Are these intended to supplement the ones that came with the car and clearly explained (in English) how holding the button for a few seconds resets the trip computer?

It took you 2 years!!!???
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie
    94km/h, 6.7l/100km - average - communting in Melbourne? You're a legend!!
    Seems very odd - you would need to be cruising at much higher speeds average 94km/h.

Unless you reset the meter whilst driving. As soon as you stop, your average speed drops significantly if it's been close to 100km/h or higher.

I averaged 5.6l/100km on the freeways today. Left home, had a nice clear run of cruising on various Melbourne freeways, 55km later, had 5.6l/100km on the display

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

I reset it at the Shell at the Westgate. My home is near the exit of the freeway. It's now showing 48 km/h and 8.2 l/100 km.

The instructions for resetting the average trip functions are not in the C3 manual. Also missing is instructions on how to enable the automatic head lights on function - this is not turned on when you buy the car, even though it has the sensor for it on the C3 exclusive. No idea why.

Everything else is documented as far as I know.

Andrew

Andrew you are right there are no instructions in the manual.
    I tried to do this last nighty actually. Does the figure just flash uo for about 2 seconds then go away? I saw a figure on my car of 9.9 then it disapeared?
    Am I doing it wrong or something?
    The automatic headlight function is great although with the car turning them on /off my car does seem to go through globes faster though. Thats what the guy at Continentals told me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    I tried to do this last nighty actually. Does the figure just flash uo for about 2 seconds then go away? I saw a figure on my car of 9.9 then it disapeared?
    Sounds like you have got the display showing the intantaneous fuel consumption rather than the average. Does it disappear when you stop?

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Andrew you are right there are no instructions in the manual.
    The automatic headlight function is great although with the car turning them on /off my car does seem to go through globes faster though. Thats what the guy at Continentals told me anyway.
    It flashes and becomes -.--. Then you move off, and it will take about a minute or so before anything is displayed on either of the trip settings starting with the "A" character in front of them.

My last tank, I got 48 km/h and 8.6 l/100 km according to it, which does not meet up with my own calculations (7.2 l/100 km as calculated by me at the pump, but I have no idea about average speed).

Why would the globes go any faster? i am usually the one wanting the lights on more than the car does, so it makes absolutely no sense to me that they would burn out quicker just because the car ... uses its existing electronic CAN bus to turn the lights on and off as necessary. Stealerships lie when their lips move.

Andrew

Why would the globes go any faster? i am usually the one wanting the lights on more than the car does, so it makes absolutely no sense to me that they would burn out quicker just because the car ... uses its existing electronic CAN bus to turn the lights on and off as necessary. Stealerships lie when their lips move.

Andrew
    I drove in front of a Lexus the other day and every bridge we went under, its lights went on and off again. Maybe this would contribute - I think its the turning on that wears globes more than time on.

Is auto lights on really that useful to anyone BTW. I had a 406 with auto wipers and they drove me mad - manual control made much more sense.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie
    I drove in front of a Lexus the other day and every bridge we went under, its lights went on and off again. Maybe this would contribute - I think its the turning on that wears globes more than time on.

Is auto lights on really that useful to anyone BTW. I had a 406 with auto wipers and they drove me mad - manual control made much more sense.
    I love the auto head lights and auto wipers. Reduces cabin workload to just the essentials like driving.

There's only one bridge between me and work, and most of the time, the lights do not turn on under there. I would imagine if you have a lot of tunnels, etc, it would be painful, but for me, it's all good.

Andrew

I love the auto head lights and auto wipers. Reduces cabin workload to just the essentials like driving.
    Ditto - auto lights and auto wipers are great. Any feature that stops the driver from stuffing around instead of driving his or her car is a good one in my opinion. I'm going to have to add Climate Control to that list too

These sorts of things only seem to frustrate people when they start fighting the auto functions instead of driving.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    Ditto - auto lights and auto wipers are great. Any feature that stops the driver from stuffing around instead of driving his or her car is a good one in my opinion. I'm going to have to add Climate Control to that list too

These sorts of things only seem to frustrate people when they start fighting the auto functions instead of driving.
    I luuurve climate, but I'm just not really sold on auto headlights (they are on or they are off) and wipers. I suspect things have improved since the 406, but I found it wasn't responsive enough to mist and then too sensitive to light rain. Fantastic concept though - in a similar vein to auto a/c.
    John

Thread Information