DS 50th Anniversary parade in Paris
  • Help

Default DS 50th Anniversary parade in Paris

Does anyone have details of the DS 50th Anniversary celebrations planned for the Champs Elysees in Paris in October? Apparently over 1000 DSs are expected. I'll be in Europe in October and if the date is near, I'd love to go... Anyone know?
    PB

Advertisement

Default 6-9 October

UFO

Now over 1500 cars registered!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

This is one that DS lovers will lose it at. Great cars and on the best st in Paris. 1500 cars registered. This has got to make the nightly news. Shame im not going. It will be the best. Hope the people from here take plenty of pictures for us all.

Just been to a big citroen rally here in England, and while there I spoke to the chairman of the DS section of the CCC. He tells me there are now 1700 cars registered!!!! I will be going, and I can't wait! The following week, Citroen UK, will be holding a special event at Slough, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the DS being shown to the CCC in the UK. AND, it will be the EXACT date!!!!!
    My CX turbo series II "press release" car will be there, which should raise a few eyebrows with the citroen staff! john s

These photos of my car, are courtesy of Citroen UK Limited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS 50th Anniversary parade in Paris-cx1small.jpg  
    Last edited by smiffy1071; 22nd August 2005 at 09:45 AM.
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Fellow Frogger!

Wow!!!! Great!!!!

But as a Peugeot fan I'm quite disguted that when the Lion marque is feating a model(recently the 403 and the 204) only one or two hundred of cars(sometimes even less!)go to the meeting, and when it's CitroŽn they are thousands!!!

Why do the Peugeot owners not massively interested in gathering, unlike the Cit owners/fans ???

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pugster
    Wow!!!! Great!!!!

But as a Peugeot fan I'm quite disguted that when the Lion marque is feating a model(recently the 403 and the 204) only one or two hundred of cars(sometimes even less!)go to the meeting, and when it's CitroŽn they are thousands!!!

Why do the Peugeot owners not massively interested in gathering, unlike the Cit owners/fans ???
    It's the 50th aniversary of the DS ... Remembering this is probably THE most iconic ground breaking car that has ever been produced (and ever will be produced).... It's not hard to imagine every Citroen enthusiest in the world wanting to get to France for this

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    It's the 50th aniversary of the DS ... Remembering this is probably THE most iconic ground breaking car that has ever been produced (and ever will be produced).... It's not hard to imagine every Citroen enthusiest in the world wanting to get to France for this

seeya,
    Shane L.

So if I understand well, Peugeot would gather 1000s of owners only if they organize a 206 CC meeting(one of the recent most worlwide image car)???

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Pugster
    So if I understand well, Peugeot would gather 1000s of owners only if they organize a 206 CC meeting(one of the recent most worlwide image car)???
    Maybe in 50 years... but I doubt it

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

The only other car I can think of that commands this level of support, is the 2cv. Sorry pugster, peugeot have done many nice cars over the years, but NONE has ever become an icon synonamous with a nation ideal.
    the DS, 2cv, and possibly the Traction Avant all hold this status.
    john s

Default DS 50th

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    Just been to a big citroen rally here in England, and while there I spoke to the chairman of the DS section of the CCC. He tells me there are now 1700 cars registered!!!! I will be going, and I can't wait! The following week, Citroen UK, will be holding a special event at Slough, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the DS being shown to the CCC in the UK. AND, it will be the EXACT date!!!!!
    My CX turbo series II "press release" car will be there, which should raise a few eyebrows with the citroen staff! john s

These photos of my car, are courtesy of Citroen UK Limited.
    Hi,
    I'm going to the Paris fest, and will be in the UK after. Do you have the date for the Slough event and any contact details? I own Slough DS19 #275 and a '58 Slough ID19, so would be interested in this event.
    regards
    roger

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by lhs2
    Hi,
    I'm going to the Paris fest, and will be in the UK after. Do you have the date for the Slough event and any contact details? I own Slough DS19 #275 and a '58 Slough ID19, so would be interested in this event.
    regards
    roger
    there were some details last night on the UK club site

www.citroenclub.org.uk

See you in Paris Roger!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by lhs2
    Hi,
    regards
    roger
    You need to send a cheque for £10 payable to citroen car club, to
    Marcus Carlton,
    34, prospect road,
    Tunbridge wells,
    Kent.
    TN2 4SH
    England.

You need to tell marcus details of persons attending, and the details of what citroen you might be taking. It's a ticket only affair, so I'd get on the case now if I were you!

Sat 15th Oct 2005, 50 years to the day after the original DS un-veiling on Sat 15th Oct 1955. john s

Quote Originally Posted by misterd
    I visited the website and I'm convinced! Looks like an amazing event. Tickets booked - I'll be there! Any other Aussies planning to go? Should we meet up? Let me know.

PB

Quote Originally Posted by paulb
    I visited the website and I'm convinced! Looks like an amazing event. Tickets booked - I'll be there! Any other Aussies planning to go? Should we meet up? Let me know.

PB
    I'm scheming and plotting, as Paul knows. Sitting at 50-50 at present.

Is anyone else going to be there? It is a bit of a distance away......

JohnW

UFO

At our last rough count, there are approximately 16 Aussies that we know of going to Paris. I really want to get everyone together on the Sunday for a photo or seventy in front of Buttercup. I think we will have to arrange a particular time or two.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default Aussies to meet in Paris

Can I suggest that those lucky enough to be going need to make contact with probably one central Aussie who can co-ordinate our meeting point and time on the Sunday. We need to do this very soon because people will start to leave for Paris soon. Who knows who these 16 people are? Can someone in the know offer to do this and provide their email address or mobile phone number? Sounds like 'UFO' is our man.

PS: Surely Buttercup is not a yellow DS...

Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    At our last rough count, there are approximately 16 Aussies that we know of going to Paris. I really want to get everyone together on the Sunday for a photo or seventy in front of Buttercup. I think we will have to arrange a particular time or two.

UFO

Can I suggest that those lucky enough to be going need to make contact with probably one central Aussie who can co-ordinate our meeting point and time on the Sunday. We need to do this very soon because people will start to leave for Paris soon. Who knows who these 16 people are? Can someone in the know offer to do this and provide their email address or mobile phone number? Sounds like 'UFO' is our man.

PS: Surely Buttercup is not a yellow DS...
    Yes you can make contact on Deb's mobile +61 412 899 903 -but keep it VERY brief or SMS as last time we went to France the subsequent phone bill was

We will also have local PAYG SIMs but of course we don't know those numbers yet. Most Aussies going are attaching Aussie flags to themselves and/or backpacks and as we are all such a shy retiring mob...

Yes Buttercup is a yellow DS - the original pale yellow. Although for the past few years she was wearing her second skin of black with all Robri options.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Perhaps we can arrange a time and place to meet before we all leave - and save our phone bills...

Maybe at 9am (parade starts at 10am) on the Sunday at one of the street ends at the Arc de Triumph? The end of Ave Kleber? How does that sound?

If the flags don't work, I'm sure the traditional chant of AUSSIE AUSSE AUSSIE OY OY OY will ensure we find eachother!

Does this sound like a plan?

Yes you can make contact on Deb's mobile +61 412 899 903 -but keep it VERY brief or SMS as last time we went to France the subsequent phone bill was

We will also have local PAYG SIMs but of course we don't know those numbers yet. Most Aussies going are attaching Aussie flags to themselves and/or backpacks and as we are all such a shy retiring mob...

Yes Buttercup is a yellow DS - the original pale yellow. Although for the past few years she was wearing her second skin of black with all Robri options.

I will be arriving in Paris on the Eurostar train, on Sat 8th, at 11.20.
    I really hope to meet quite a few of you guys!
    The train fare is heaps cheaper than bringing a car on the ferry, AND the fuel to put in it!
    As I will be travelling alone, I might tag along with you if that's ok? I still have no idea yet about accomodation.....john s

UFO

Perhaps we can arrange a time and place to meet before we all leave - and save our phone bills...

Maybe at 9am (parade starts at 10am) on the Sunday at one of the street ends at the Arc de Triumph? The end of Ave Kleber? How does that sound?

If the flags don't work, I'm sure the traditional chant of AUSSIE AUSSE AUSSIE OY OY OY will ensure we find eachother!

Does this sound like a plan?
    The chant etc sounds like a good idea, but I really think post parade would be far easier and safer as we would have all stopped and be out of cars and know we do not have to move again for a while.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

The chant etc sounds like a good idea, but I really think post parade would be far easier and safer as we would have all stopped and be out of cars and know we do not have to move again for a while.
    Still not sure if I'll be there, but why not set up a rendezvous at both ends, e.g. ave Kleber, as Paul suggested for the start and??? at the other. Under the centre of the Eiffel Tower comes to mind.... It's easy to find.

JohnW

If I make it, +61 407 992 530 - a lot to be said for text messages!! The cost of talking, expressed in a sensible unit, is about one glass of wine per minute. Much better to imbibe!!

JohnW

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW
    If I make it, +61 407 992 530 - a lot to be said for text messages!! The cost of talking, expressed in a sensible unit, is about one glass of wine per minute. Much better to imbibe!!

JohnW
    It was a big IF. Unfortunately, my scheming hasn't quite worked - I came close but a planned meeting in France can't be arranged so I'll be back in WA on Sunday. Sigh.

Anyway, to all those going I wish a great time. Photos are expected!!!

Cheers

JohnW

I just got my accomodation sorted!
    I joined the youth hostel association, and got a place at the
    Citť des sciences in paris, for Ä19.50 or about £15. It's about 3km north-east of the city centre.
    Can't really complain at that can you?
    john s

Thread Information