citroen on pay tv
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member mhaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW
    Posts
    117

    Icon7 citroen on pay tv

    There is a story on citroen on the 'How To' channel tonight at 10 pm for those interested.

    Advertisement
    i'm not strange, everyone else is..........

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Ugh... i have foxtel, but not digital

    Why put it on the how-to channel... why not History or discovery channel!

    Too lazy to change over to digital, don't want them making holes everywhere again.

    My friend told me he seen a Citroen ad on Channel 9???
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  3. #3
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Ugh... i have foxtel, but not digital
    Too lazy to change over to digital, don't want them making holes everywhere again.
    Why would they make holes? If you are on satellite, it's the same box, and cable it's just a box switch. If you go to the IQ then I think they need a second line for satellite and the return phone line.. or maybe you need this for standard digital too. It's only a phone point.
    I switched (from analogue cable to digital to IQ) and there was no need to go anywhere behind the wall outlet... but I did have a phone point adjacent to the box.

    I got the Cit story on the IQ box, will try to make a wmv/divx.

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope
    Why would they make holes? If you are on satellite, it's the same box, and cable it's just a box switch. If you go to the IQ then I think they need a second line for satellite and the return phone line.. or maybe you need this for standard digital too. It's only a phone point.
    I switched (from analogue cable to digital to IQ) and there was no need to go anywhere behind the wall outlet... but I did have a phone point adjacent to the box.

    I got the Cit story on the IQ box, will try to make a wmv/divx.
    phone line... no phone line near the fox setups in the house, so they have to go under the house and drill for the phone line.
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  5. #5
    who? when? huh? GTI124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gordon, NSW
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    If there isn't a phone line near the TV they put a wireles device in. That's what we have.

    Saw bits of it on during the cricket. Kinda interesting, but very American...
    - Lincoln

    Contribute to the World Community Grid.

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts Uga Boga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTI124
    If there isn't a phone line near the TV they put a wireles device in. That's what we have.

    Saw bits of it on during the cricket. Kinda interesting, but very American...
    Really? UGH! The idiot foxtel technician came and never mentioned that option!

    He simply said the only option was to drill under the house to install a phone line!
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

    Expert 2.0L (2009)

    Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

  7. #7
    who? when? huh? GTI124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gordon, NSW
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Really? UGH! The idiot foxtel technician came and never mentioned that option!

    He simply said the only option was to drill under the house to install a phone line!
    Yeah, that's just wrong. What do you do in an apartment? (I live in an apartment).
    - Lincoln

    Contribute to the World Community Grid.

  8. #8
    ash
    ash is offline
    Fellow Frogger! ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    My friend told me he seen a Citroen ad on Channel 9???
    Yep, it seems to be all over the telly at the moment. I was at a pub late Sunday afternoon and saw it during the Ch9 news (their top rating program - must have cost a packet!) on the telly in the corner. It's also been fairly prominent throughout the cricket broadcast. I have a copy of it hosted somewhere, so if anyone would like to download it, send me a message or what not.

    There's also the send-up ad, which is a classic:

    http://www.netsummary.dk/2005/05/2cv-robot.php

    Deux Chevaux drivers, close your eyes before you click the link...
    1998 Xantia V6 Exclusive
    //\\ 1975 DS23 Pallas //\\ 1987 BX19 GTi //\\ 1985 BX16 TRS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •