C2 - 1 year on...
  • Help

Default C2 - 1 year on...

G'day there....been AWOL from this site for a while, but happy to be back again.
    Just gone 12months and a little over 28000kms and I've got to say I love this car! (....mind you, that doesn't stop me from drooling at the C4!)
    The car has run pretty well over the year, but with only 1 potentially serious issue which was softened by excellent dealer support (Thank you Corban Motor Group in Wollongong) The problem was a shudder in the clutch which was evident from new. Sometimes worse than others, but always there and always annoying. The end result was a clutch change, which was done under warranty without any dramas, and there is a huge improvement in the clutch action now. Only downside is that the clutch pickup is a little later than before, so my manual changes aren't as smooth. The mechanic noticed the change as well, and despite the diagnostic unit saying it is as it should be, he will have another look at the 30K service (yep, I'm going to do oil changes every 10K)
    Between my home near Wollongong and my work in Sydney I cover a lot of differing quality roads (the Princes Highway between Engadine & Tom Ugly's Bridge is like a goats track in places!!!) but the car still feels nice and tight.
    The few software updates I've had on the transmission have always produced small but perceptible improvements (I think so, anyway!) and I even don't mind the occasional use of the "auto" mode.
    It still gets plenty of looks - and why shouldn't it - it really stands out amongst the rather cloned looking Asian cars of the same ilk.
    Ooops, I've got to go...can't finish this now!
    Catch you later

Advertisement

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Grayballs
    G'day there....been AWOL from this site for a while, but happy to be back again.
    Just gone 12months and a little over 28000kms and I've got to say I love this car! (....mind you, that doesn't stop me from drooling at the C4!)
    The car has run pretty well over the year, but with only 1 potentially serious issue which was softened by excellent dealer support (Thank you Corban Motor Group in Wollongong) The problem was a shudder in the clutch which was evident from new. Sometimes worse than others, but always there and always annoying. The end result was a clutch change, which was done under warranty without any dramas, and there is a huge improvement in the clutch action now. Only downside is that the clutch pickup is a little later than before, so my manual changes aren't as smooth. The mechanic noticed the change as well, and despite the diagnostic unit saying it is as it should be, he will have another look at the 30K service (yep, I'm going to do oil changes every 10K)
    Between my home near Wollongong and my work in Sydney I cover a lot of differing quality roads (the Princes Highway between Engadine & Tom Ugly's Bridge is like a goats track in places!!!) but the car still feels nice and tight.
    The few software updates I've had on the transmission have always produced small but perceptible improvements (I think so, anyway!) and I even don't mind the occasional use of the "auto" mode.
    It still gets plenty of looks - and why shouldn't it - it really stands out amongst the rather cloned looking Asian cars of the same ilk.
    Ooops, I've got to go...can't finish this now!
    Catch you later
    Good to know you are happy with the car and the "evil and should have been killed at birth blah blah blah" sensodrive.

I think you zoomed past me on the F6 on Tuesday morning last week, although you wouldn't have recognised us. There were five of us from work in a Tarago. Mind you, I was pretty impressed with the Tarago, 2.4l donk and four speed auto - it really hooted along even with 5 adults on board.

The van was a little heavier on the way back as I won a 15" Philips LCD monitor at the conference I went to.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Great to hear you are loving the C2. Its a great looking and performing car. I saw an asain girl driving a red one on ultimo rd with a gprs system on the dash. Great stuff.

I would quite fancy a C2 GT, or VTS myself, as they look great, and I'm a big kid really! Sadly, it would not be practical for me because of all the stuff I need to carry like tools etc.
    Also, all my cars need to be able to tow a caravan. john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Sorry for the interruption there guys.....I was just finishing up in a quiet moment at work, then suddenly duty called!
    So to continue...
    I've had no issues with electricals (lots of people said I was heading for trouble if I got this car!)
    The brakes continue to impress me.
    The engine continues to impress me. I'm not a rev-head or a traffic light sprinter, but the engine does have a reassuring surge of power when I need it....either under acceleration or when cruising.
    I am OK with the senso, altho' I'm probably going to have to start again with my 'technique development' since the clutch change. I think I would like the clutch actuator to be a bit quicker in its action, tho'.
    The interior is holding up well, altho' there are some scratchmarks on my door on the forward pocket which my foot always seems to collect when I'm getting out of the car.
    The squeeling rear brakes were fixed with the removal or replacement of some gadgets that are fitted to the rear brakes to scrape or clear ice/debris off the disk (.....as I recall the explanation). This was another free warranty job. There was also a recent recall issue with some brake-line replacement.
    Its really been an ideal choice for the sort of motoring I do...this comes from a person who, some years back, would have laughed in your face at the suggestion that I would be driving a Citroen any time soon!
    I'm going to have serious look at the C4 when my lease on the C2 ends.
    See ya!
    Last edited by Grayballs; 11th August 2005 at 12:45 PM.

Oh, and another thing...
    One of the reasons for my absence was because of a Euro holiday - mainly France, Greece and Italy (and about 2 hours in Switzerland!)
    Loads of C2's in Italy - it seemed many more than was evident in France - go figure?
    I was tooling down a French motorway in our hired Renault Scenic (new model, 1.3l diesel, bloody good car for me, wife, daughter and supporting paraphernalia!) doing the obligatory 130 kph, when a black C2 (VTR, VTS??) when past me like I was standing still!
    Made me feel good!

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    with a gprs system on the dash.
    What is a GPRS system ?

- xTc -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    What is a GPRS system ?

- xTc -
    I think it may be an evolution of an "atM Machine" or "aT Transmission"?
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    What is a GPRS system ?

- xTc -
    General Packet Radio Service. What it's doing on the dash is anyones guess, it's normally in GSM mobiles.

Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by enthused!
    I think it may be an evolution of an "atM Machine" or "aT Transmission"?
    Or maybe it is a Global Positioning Repositioning System?

Troy.

oops. my bad.

"General Packet Radio Service" system?

(serves me right for being a smart arse!)
    1992 mi16 1.9 litre - it's a love hate realtionship.

whatever you do NEVER tell anyone your car is reliable. doesn't matter how much wood you touch!

previous cars: peugeot 306xt, peugeot 205si, renault 20, renault 12 - sedan and wagon, renault 25, alfa 155 twin spark

I imagine he meant GPS.
    Clint

Obsidian Black 206 RC (2004)
    Ferodo DS2500 Racing Pads
    Green Cotton Dynatwist Induction Kit
    OZ Superturismo WRC 16" wheels

Sorry i did mean GPS....

AGPS is a feature of a 3G mobile
    a gps on ur mobile!
    download street maps

AGPS - Assisted Global Positioning System
    Assisted Global Positioning System is a technique enabling both mobiles and cellular networks to establish accurate positioning information. The system utilizes both the GPS (Global Positioning System) and the terrestrial cellular network and is one of the LCS (Location Services) methodologies.

UFO

As it was a girl driving the car it may have been a "Girl's Purse Restraint System" (system).

I mean hanging a purse over the gear change paddles in a C2 could be tricky...
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

My, My.......
    How threads can digress!

Thread Information