1 Million C3
  • Help

Thread: 1 Million C3

Icon1 1 Million C3

At the beginning of July, CITROňN surpassed the cape of the millions of one C3 sold in the world since his launch in March 2002. C3 besides the car 5 laid the most sold one of the segment of the compact vehicles with 267 000 immatriculations in Europe of the west in 2004.

Thanks to his comfort, his habitability and its performances on road, this voluminal sedan is recognized as a reference in his category. She registers herself in perfect coherence as a whole of the range and declines itself in many versions: in dťcouvrable four places with C3 Plural, all in vitality and dynamism for C3 VTR, remarkable of robustesse and of modularitť bound for the exterior leisures for C3 XTR.

CitroŽn C3 offers also two ecological declinations with C3 Stop&Start and C3 Natural Gas.

To this day, C3 is available in 7 levels of structured finishings around 2 motorizations diesel: HDI 70 and HDI 92 and of 4 motors gasoline of which the 1,6i 16V 110 ch, 1,4i 16V 90 ch, 1,4i 75CH and 1,1i 61CH.

She is produced on the aulnay site in parisian region, on the one of Madrid in Spain and to Porto Real to Brazil.

Advertisement

Poor owners

407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Sounds like a car with a REAL identity crisis there, anyone else notice how often it changes gender? john s

PS, sorry Daniel, I just couldn't resist
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    Sounds like a car with a REAL identity crisis there, anyone else notice how often it changes gender? john s

PS, sorry Daniel, I just couldn't resist
    I don't think he's fussy about gender (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Quote Originally Posted by graham66
    I don't think he's fussy about gender (not that there's anything wrong with that!)
    Hey, whatever floats your boat man

It was a french translation so it will be gendered. I was trying to point out that at present the C3 seems to be a bread and butter sales winner for Citroen....

C3 - the new BX?
    It seems the C3 is the most popular car citroen has to offer at the moment.
    The BX was also a real winner in it's day, the first PSA Citroen on offer too, and it supposedly showed in the reliability statistics.
    Seems to me the C3 is out to increase Citroen's market share in much the same way as the BX did.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Quote Originally Posted by ajpolden
    C3 - the new BX?
    It seems the C3 is the most popular car citroen has to offer at the moment.
    The BX was also a real winner in it's day, the first PSA Citroen on offer too, and it supposedly showed in the reliability statistics.
    Seems to me the C3 is out to increase Citroen's market share in much the same way as the BX did.
    Yes that was indeed true, the BX was without doubt the car that saved citroen from going to the wall.
    People have slagged off the BX for being a re-badged pug, which to an extent is true.
    However, NO car company can survive on just sentiment alone, you MUST have a product that people want to buy. (look what happened to rover, the 25, and 45 were selling in ever smaller numbers, and the inevitable happened)
    The BX turned the fortunes of the ailing citroen company around, and for a few years, the BX was the car of choice for company reps, and people with caravans!
    Here in england, the most popular people carrier by some considerable way, is the Xsara picasso, it wipes the floor with its rivals. I gather it's due to be replaced soon, with the C4 picasso, which will hopefully finish the others off! john s

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    Here in england, the most popular people carrier by some considerable way, is the Xsara picasso, it wipes the floor with its rivals.
    Yeah I hired a Picasso diesel in London - went all round England init - cheap to run, heaps of tow, quiet motor (for a diesel), no squeaks or rattles, everything worked including electricals, never missed a beat. Go figure

The BX was also a real winner in it's day, the first PSA Citroen
    I thought it was the LN actually??

I stand corrected then The first "real" (hydro-pneumatic) citroen anyway, but I may be rong agenn Did the Visa have hydro?
    AFAIK the LN was purely just a 104 with a cit engine anyway.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

Did the Visa have hydro?
    No it didnt.

Thread Information