CX electric mirror switch
  • Help

Icon11 CX electric mirror switch

The saga of the mirror switch for the new Cxt2 existing switch doesnt work at all - remove inspect power arriving no output - remove switch from BX16v install mmmmm works to well both mirrors at once on either left or right settings swap terminals either works on both or doesnt work - okay disassemble CX switch goodness gracious me no internals all gone nothing no springs no contacts who had been yanking Bobs chain
    Question anyone got a stuffed switch from a CX late 86-88 BX with electric mirrors or early XM I might be able to rebiuld this switch as the plastic is all good see attached photo????? Horn switch is interesting also I am amazed everything so easy to pull apart very different to the BX

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CX electric mirror switch-dcp02066small.jpg   CX electric mirror switch-dcp02065-small.jpg  
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Same thing happened to my car the day I picked it up... I touched the switch and it dropped out of it's housing shooting bits everywhere (prior to that it had only worked on the drivers side mirror).

You probably find one of Bobs mechanics pressed to hard on it and it's guts fell out. The likelyhood of find the tiny (like minute) dog bone look alike contacts is so remote I wouldn't even bother. You can tell a true CX turbo mirror switch (as apposed to BX16valve) as the CX switch has a backlight.

Keep your eyes on ebay, failing that I'll scratch up Stan Platts number in the UK, he should be able to post you one.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thanks for the lead on Stan Platt Shane, I need to get one, as I believe the mirror switch from my car was last seen in the Ballerat area! john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    Thanks for the lead on Stan Platt Shane, I need to get one, as I believe the mirror switch from my car was last seen in the Ballerat area! john s
    You sent me your only switch I thought you had a spare .... or three

Maybe you'll have to get another car for it's mirror switch (they seemed to be given away over there ).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

yup, that is exactly what I did, as my car was not on the road, the scrap turbo car didn't have one, and you needed one at the time. Is that what you call altruism or what? If my friend was not ill, he would have broken 3 more BX GTi cars by now, and I would have had annother switch. john s

Default Bx16v Switch

INTERESTING the bx switch that I have now put in the cx has backlight and the one out of the cx that bob paid good money for a new one has no guts but the fact that both mirrors work on either left or right hand setting ? I don't want to disassemble the one switch that I have for all the reasons above. A bird in the hand is worth more than a whole lot of springs and contacts scattered all over the workshop
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

The BX switches do have backlights but most of them have blown bulbs...and as you've already found out, taking those things apart is a pain...I've had the innards flying all over the place and spent hours looking for the dogbone pieces. But managed to solder in a new bulb in one of my switches and got it working again I have a spare for parts - used it to practice on so when I tried to fix one of the 'working' ones, at least I'd know what they did...theory was good but practical went for shite! Ended up same as yours - moved both mirrors at once
    Cheers,
    Roscoe
    1991 BX TZD
    1990 BX 16V (x 2)
    2004 307 Touring
    1990 Mitsubishi Express Van: Alpaca Transport:

Default Got A Switch

Managed to find a switch fron renwreck in melbourne they have dismantled several BX16v's thanks to David from French Con' for the lead

Quote Originally Posted by citti2004 View Post
    Does the control mirror switch have an internal light which illuminates the word "mirror" when the dash is illuminated?Thanks in advance.
    Mmmm, not really. The mirror switch is a for/aft and left/right switch, with a left and right rocker switch, which lives in the drivers door pocket next to the window up/down switches...and has a dim orange back light. It's on the right in UK and Australien cars, and on the left in French, and of course American CXA models.

Thread Information