xantia central locking
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default xantia central locking

Any one familiar with 94 Xantia central locking not working at all?
    the key in the door locks no work either.key just rotates in lock, same with both keys

put new batteries in plip, replaced fuse .
    where is central locking function box located?
    in 306 its in RH door pillar, in 505 it is adjacent to steering column

Advertisement

past posts have not covered this.
    was Wouters problem solved with fuses 8and 23? and what is meant by shunt in relation to them ?

Thanks Alpine

I've given up even trying, but FWIW, I was told that if I held the plip up near the rear vision mirror which has the receiver up there somewhere, ignition on, hit the plip half a dozen times and then try it will work; so I did and it did work.. Then I got out of the car and tried again, and yes, it worked, then I tried again and it didn't and it hasn't ever since......so I gave up in disgust!!
    Not much help I know, but better than nothing I suppose; maybe you'll be luckier.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by alpine
    the key in the door locks no work either.key just rotates in lock, same with both keys
    Not sure about the Xantia, but similar age XM's do this when the keys are worn and the locks stiff- the locks are designed to spin if the key dosn't fit making it difficult for theives to force the lock. I think the solution is to pull the lock apart and lubricate it propely (I am from the graphite school of lock care

This has come up on the Andyspares board a few times I think.

regards
    sean

Fellow Frogger!

QUOTE was Wouters problem solved with fuses 8and 23? and what is meant by shunt in relation to them ? UNQUOTE

Hi Alpine, not quite solved, in that I don't know what the "shunt" means.
    Fuses 8 and 23 live next to each other in the fuse box. I discovered that you can place the fuse in either 8, 23 or the fuse's left "leg" in 8 and the right "leg" in 23, thus the fuse straddles bothe positions, if that makes sense.
    Found that that is the right position for me. Has to do with the radio and was the cause of much anguish as it took a lot of tries to enter the code for the radio.

As far as the locks / keys is concerned. Agree with the worn keys issue.
    I have to really firmly push the key in the driver's door lock, if not it turns freely around. The spare, which has rarely been used, doesn't have that problem.

Icon4 Fixed the Plip?

Anyone familiar with 94 Xantia central locking not working at all?
    ...put new batteries in plip
    From what I can tell, the Plip on the Xantia is similar if not the same as the Fuego. Is it going now? If not, you might want to check out the link at the bottom to bring new life to yours, if you haven't already seen this stuff.

Default xantia keys

I found getting a new key a bit of a mission. you also need a locksmith with a special jig. I got an aftermarket Italian blank & saved heaps on the cit one. I'm not sure of the brand. It has a stylised S on it like the Suzuki motif but tilted 45deg. On the other side it has coding SX 9 AP.

put new batteries in plip, replaced fuse .
    where is central locking function box located?
    in 306 its in RH door pillar, in 505 it is adjacent to steering column

past posts have not covered this.
    was Wouters problem solved with fuses 8and 23? and what is meant by shunt in relation to them ?

Thanks Alpine

Thread Information