The Lady Has Arrived
  • Help

Default The Lady Has Arrived

The Turbo is here f.. what a car almost lost my license on the first drive thru a speed check 120 in a 60 zone shit and I thought I was going slow This car is definetly different but what a package I'm in love
    Now for the questions
    indicators not self cancelling I take it thats the way their made but how do I explain to Mr Plod the license man
    Central locking - plip is this an imobilizer?
    No computer just a key pad I presume antitheft but how do you make it work
    Fuel flap no lock ?
    Electric mirrors switch stuffed can you fix or are they available looks the same as 16v
    No horn thats the one on the car (I've been tripping over and pole vaulting all day) problem switch -relay ?
    No fog lights I presume wiring
    Also only transport damage wires ripped of front Brake Pad wear sensors
    Sun roof wind noise are the seals available?
    I forgive it all it sins Now I know why Smiffy and Double Chevron are always spinning out over these cars
    That self centering steering is something else would'nt want to take your hands of the wheel mid corner
    Ohh Ithink I'm ready for another drive

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Lady Has Arrived-cx-25-t2-4-7-05.jpg   The Lady Has Arrived-dcp02064crop-2.jpg  
    Last edited by ARCHRIVAL; 4th August 2005 at 09:03 PM.
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

UFO

CXs being a follow on from Ds and SMs and I think GSs, had non self cancelling indicators. In that spot you just get used to them. I like them in fact. Just tell them that they are non self cancelling. I have never actually had an inspector check that the indicators self cancel. They only want to know that the outside lights work when they're supposed to.

Um, re the PLIP, leave a window down and probably have the car in neutral and on the park brake. PLIP the car to lock, wait a while then lean in a try to start the car. Should be self evident.

You may find (Shane or Smiffy correct me please) that the fuel flap locks with the central locking. The XM does.

Have a go at fixing the switch - it may be dirty or corroded contacts. Shane could probably tell you how to fix it.

Horn button should be on the opposite side to the indicator. Shane????

Glad to know you are happy with the car. Watch your licence and take care of that baby.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

Default Congratulations

A good looking car well done.

Graelin

Default Further To Before

Power mirror switch it seems the left-right button is all floppy just worried that if I pop it apart I'll be spending the next 2 weeks looking for allthe little springs
    Horn I know were the button is but no music when pressed do these cars only have a air horn or is there a change over switch country city style
    Air Con do these cars get cold I mean does cold air come out of the centre and side vents or is it more sophisticated than that with climate control .I a'nt getting no cold air?
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

It sounds like you do have the anti-theft keypad .... DO NOT PLUG IT IN !!!!!! You don't have the code, so if you plug it in without the code .... You'll have a dead car that requires a new ECU to get it running. My Xantia has that keypad, it's a bloody pain in the arse ... I HATE the bloody thing with a passion.

Le'plip is a peice of Le'shit. Even when working perfectly it still needs you to stand on your head and point the transmitter directly at the receiver. The BX, Renault Fuego, CX, Xantia etc, etc... has it, there an infra-red device. There's instructions on how to fix them in the renault forum.

Me ??? Pelt the bloody thing in the back of a cupboard. I simply fitted a new rolling code alarm that comes with 2 (or 3) brand new remotes that actually work (being a radio signal). Plus then your insurance is cheaper too.

Fog lights ... dirty connectors infront of the battery (I've just relayed mine), power mirrors, my switch died too. It's the same as the BX16vale... I now have one spare (with the parts I bought recently).... Nope... I'm not crazy enough to sell it (sorry). The should be easy enough to find though. Horn ... relay beside them (just look it's plug is probably off).

Air-con doesn't blow cold .... What a urprise How unexpected

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Icon6 Sarcasm Rules

IT LOOKS LIKE I'M IN GOOD COMPANY
    3 NEW batteries plip works
    now for the interesting stuff tomorrow
    does the cx have full chassis looks like it and theres a nice big lump of a rust hole in the floor drivers side foot well directly above the rail looks like gas axe and mig time for me

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL
    IT LOOKS LIKE I'M IN GOOD COMPANY
    3 NEW batteries plip works
    now for the interesting stuff tomorrow
    does the cx have full chassis looks like it and theres a nice big lump of a rust hole in the floor drivers side foot well directly above the rail looks like gas axe and mig time for me
    Archrival' The side mirrors switch is brand new "didn;t make a difference " must be the wiring broken somewhere probably in the door at the hinge point , the air was working 12 months ago might just be low on gas, go that way first, it will give you cool air, never "cold air, I dont think their is a CX that ever blew "cold" air. The brake sender's were not "ripped out" by the carrier they were already disconnected .Citroen claimed they would give me more heartburn ,so leave them off, easy to check pad wear yourself simply remove wheel. As for the rust under the drivers side I was not aware of this when I had the car fixed for painting you will notice some rust repair at the back of the driver's side tail light if I had known about any other problems I would have fixed them at this time . I hope you get some enjoyment from the driving experience ,but as I used to tell my wife. It is still a joy to just look at, or as that Mazda ad has it I used to go into the garage late at night turn on the lights and just "look' when "SHE" wasn't about " ,,,,,,,,"of course"

The "ladies "former lover , Bob Cav

P,S The air horns (two tone "Fiam"I think)are working (vertical button on the right) press in hold ,maybe not enough power in batt to run small compressor, charge up to full charge, they will damage eardrums be ready. Also I had a later model clicker fitted for the blinkers so it would be louder as you tend to forget Not self cancelling?The idea of the design (The ergonomics?)was to have all the controls under your fingers so you have no need to take your hands of the wheel (due to self centre steering) it works well when you get used to it "try it!
    Last edited by Bob Cav; 4th August 2005 at 11:00 PM.

Congratulations on the new ride. It looks a treat.

Troy.

theres a nice big lump of a rust hole in the floor drivers side foot well directly above the rail looks like gas axe and mig time for me
    You can do that to plastic?!

Congratulations with the purchase of the car - having that sort of speed in a CX must be quite a lot of fun. I'd have no points by the end of the week if it was me with that car.
    1972 SM
    1989 BX 16 Valve

Glad you like your car, I just knew you would!
    If you pull open the fuel flap, and lock the car, you should notice a small pin pop out, which locates in the flap to lock it.
    The mirror switch, there are 2 switches there, one is the "joystick" and the other is for left & right mirror, with a neutral in the middle. Is that switch in neutral?
    Horn, could be the relay, but also check if the main power feed is plugged into the moulded plastic connector from the positive main wire from the battery.
    Non-self cancelling indicators, no CX ever had self cancelling indicators, but you will get used to it quite quickly.
    Rust, well, we all know about that, in the footwell is the hot favourite place for a CX.
    Aircon, I have no experience with this.
    Sunroof, no, the seals are not available ANYWHERE! Are you sure the noise is from the roof, more likely to be the front windows.
    Drive carefully, john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Icon5 Thanks For The Response

I AM JUST BECOMING MORE AND MORE INTOXICATED BY THIS CAR . I FORGIVE HER ALL HER FAILINGS and BOB you have done a great job on the work done so far but as we all know a car like this will always be a work in progress
    Mirrors it seems that the left -right switch is caput I'll try to source a new one
    Horn still got one but no toot toot
    Plip a waste of new batteries in the cupboard and a new unit on tuesday should have read shanes post first
    Brakes slight juddery pulse in pedal on light application then dynamite is this normal

Parts in WA who do I call Mr Borg does'nt seem to be home or do I just hassel martin bray
    A/C looking at tuesday did these cars ever come out with the rear A/C and can it be fitted to up the efficiency of the system

Thanks again for all everyones advice so far

Give the brakes a good bleed, mine were juddery when I got mine too. I'm wondering if it's air in the ABS block or something. Either way it's not a problem, CX brakes are VERY potent, typical *real* citroen brakes. The turbo has the same brakes as our '76 CX2200 diesel wagon Yep there so powerful the slowest and faster cars have the same brakes, 4piston calipers upfront with ventilated disks, and 2piston calipers at the back.

The switch.... Try swapping it with the switch from your BX 16valve and see if the mirrors work.

The horn, right beside the horn is it's relay, just trace the wiring. The power pickup is from the distrubution block beside the battery, no doubt it'll be unplugged from last time the battery was removed.

The air-con is never much good in a CX. Though I am thinking the turbo models may almost cool adequately with the rear unit. I think the turbine itself dipserses a lot of the exhaust heat, so you don't get as much heat soak back into the cabin.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

BTW: The trick to driving a CX smoothly. Do NOT grasp the steering wheel like you normally would.

sit your hands comfortably on your lap and steer with the finger tips, don't worry the steering wheel can NOT be wripped from your gentle grasp ... You see there is several tons of hydraulic force holding the front wheels in position. There is NEVER feedback/kickback through the steering (A CX is a most wonderous car to drive at high speed ... Tracks like it's on rails and nothing will cause it to vary and need steering correction).

Basically, just relax, sit back and let the car drive itself. Personally I wished they'd left the steering 2turns lock to lock like the SM, rather than 'dumbing' it down to 2.5turns lock to lock. Once your used to it, it's brilliant. The only things that's ever detracted from a CX's ease and lightness to drive is it's ordinary clutch and gearchange.... It's not bad compared to other cars, just poor compared to the way the rest of the car itself works/drives.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Fellow Frogger!

mmmmm nice car

Cooch

Amazing, the CX still looks so modern and futuristic...

Too bad about the current crop of Citroens.... there are Poogoe stamps all over my C4
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Uga Boga
    Amazing, the CX still looks so modern and futuristic...

Too bad about the current crop of Citroens.... there are Poogoe stamps all over my C4
    Methinks Shane has a protegť
    Great car. On the non - self cancelling point, the series one BXs also had them, no steering wheel "stalks" to speak of. Just a simple rocker switch under your left fingers. Truly an amazing design!
    I heard once that when the self cancelling indicators finally came in on Citroens their owners deliberately broke them so they worked how they should.
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

hehe. Self cancelling indicators are so annoying!! Especially in roundabouts, with the C4, it would cancel whilst going around the roundabout, so you'd have to indicate again...
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

I AM JUST BECOMING MORE AND MORE INTOXICATED BY THIS CAR . I FORGIVE HER ALL HER FAILINGS and BOB you have done a great job on the work done so far but as we all know a car like this will always be a work in progress
    Mirrors it seems that the left -right switch is caput I'll try to source a new one
    Horn still got one but no toot toot
    Plip a waste of new batteries in the cupboard and a new unit on tuesday should have read shanes post first
    Brakes slight juddery pulse in pedal on light application then dynamite is this normal

Parts in WA who do I call Mr Borg does'nt seem to be home or do I just hassel martin bray
    A/C looking at tuesday did these cars ever come out with the rear A/C and can it be fitted to up the efficiency of the system

Thanks again for all everyones advice so far
    Archrival: Brake peddle chatter ,under light pressure "IS" air. I fitted a "NEW "accumulator hoping this might fix it (after being advised it would!)after numerous bleeding events,,,,,,,, looks like it didn't, lucky that car looks so good and goes so hard or you wouldn't want to know her!$#@& citroen.

Bob Cav

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cav
    Archrival: Brake peddle chatter ,under light pressure "IS" air. I fitted a "NEW "accumulator hoping this might fix it (after being advised it would!)after numerous bleeding events,,,,,,,, looks like it didn't, lucky that car looks so good and goes so hard or you wouldn't want to know her!$#@& citroen.

Bob Cav
    Bob,

which accumulator did they change. A slow leak in the brake accumular (you know the hidden one that's a sh!t to get to ). Eventually all the gas would leak away though. Certainly it went away after I did a fluid change and bleed the brakes on my car.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

The Turbo is here f.. what a car almost lost my license on the first drive thru a speed check 120 in a 60 zone shit and I thought I was going slow This car is definetly different but what a package I'm in love
    Now for the questions
    indicators not self cancelling I take it thats the way their made but how do I explain to Mr Plod the license man
    Central locking - plip is this an imobilizer?
    No computer just a key pad I presume antitheft but how do you make it work
    Fuel flap no lock ?
    Electric mirrors switch stuffed can you fix or are they available looks the same as 16v
    No horn thats the one on the car (I've been tripping over and pole vaulting all day) problem switch -relay ?
    No fog lights I presume wiring
    Also only transport damage wires ripped of front Brake Pad wear sensors
    Sun roof wind noise are the seals available?
    I forgive it all it sins Now I know why Smiffy and Double Chevron are always spinning out over these cars
    That self centering steering is something else would'nt want to take your hands of the wheel mid corner
    Ohh Ithink I'm ready for another drive
    Well well! Have you discovered, or are you aware of ACE in Perth. For service/parts, you could contact Chevron Down Under as a starter.

Looks nice - and North Perth is close to me, so the CXs might like to meet!

Cheers

JohnW

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW
    Well well! Have you discovered, or are you aware of ACE in Perth. For service/parts, you could contact Chevron Down Under as a starter.

Looks nice - and North Perth is close to me, so the CXs might like to meet!

Cheers

JohnW
    I foresee two things .....:

1) John will be stunned at how quick a CX turbo is (after all it's just a 2.5litre donk with a turbo on it).
    2) Archrival will be amazed at how well an early CX rides and drives (they ride a lot better than a turbo model).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    I foresee two things .....:

1) John will be stunned at how quick a CX turbo is (after all it's just a 2.5litre donk with a turbo on it).
    2) Archrival will be amazed at how well an early CX rides and drives (they ride a lot better than a turbo model).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    You're probably right. I look forward to finding out!!

Cheers

JohnW

Icon12 more digging

Spent all night with the young lady last night
    fog lights now work loose connection
    horn now works dirty contact on binnical
    and disxovered where citroen hid the biuld sheet after assembley under the drivers side front carpet next to the rust hole
    the electric mirrors are another story
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Lady Has Arrived-dcp02070-small.jpg   The Lady Has Arrived-dcp02069small.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    Bob,

which accumulator did they change. A slow leak in the brake accumular (you know the hidden one that's a sh!t to get to ). Eventually all the gas would leak away though. Certainly it went away after I did a fluid change and bleed the brakes on my car.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Shane ;re: accumulator. I asume it was the one difficult to get at, as the Mechanic at The Auto Boutique at Wollongong (SM specialists) said it was not an easy one and needed to be done in the right sequence along with the brakes. A,B,S etc, can make difficulties here when trying to get air out of the system he said? I think, I left it to them ?$&$!, it seemed to fix it at the time ,but it seemed if the car was left standing to long without being driven. For some reason the problem would return. And this is an inherent problem with the turbo CX .It was not a car you felt comfortable in leaving on the street as the unusual attracts attention in Sydney from vandals. A vw I owned once was the only car in the street not to be given a spray canned swazstika, as at the last minute I decided to put it in the garage overnight! my neigbours gave ME! strange looks for some time after . I owned an XW GT Falcon once in my more rampant days and this was the same. It was like a ball and chain, I could not leave it unattended it had to be always in sight and when "I" was not home and "it" was, I could not stop worrying about it . And in the end it went the same way as the Turbo CX. Know even the cit driver's don't notice me anymore in my C5 but I can leave it in the street even the vandals can not see it they probably think it is a mazda or something similar "Suits me"
    Bob Cav

Thread Information