16v Dash Light
  • Help

Thread: 16v Dash Light

twm

Default 16v Dash Light

Advertisement

Hey there

Anyone with a 16v that can tell me if there should be dash lights down the centre around the aircon controls etc?

Ohh and any way to check the oil temp guage, mine dosnt work for some reason.

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by twm

Hey there

Anyone with a 16v that can tell me if there should be dash lights down the centre around the aircon controls etc?

yep white strip on dials light up and icons surrounding dials some back light on slide controls for a/c on & fresh/recycle air also power window switches on doors should have light but never do because the switches are such a bitch to get out without breaking them so globes never replaced . You would also be amazed at how many globes there are behind the instrument binicale, little push in globes
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

And don't forget the lights in the fog light switch and electric mirror switches - great fun to change!!
    Cheers,
    Roscoe
    1991 BX TZD
    1990 BX 16V (x 2)
    2004 307 Touring
    1990 Mitsubishi Express Van: Alpaca Transport:

The aircon controls don't light up in mine, but I thought it might have been a bulb gone.

Not sure about the oil temp guage, but I know it's a prick of a job to get the binnacle off. I've had to do it a few times now.
    Last edited by brenno; 3rd August 2005 at 09:58 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Hey there

What happens if you give the dash a bit of a hit on the left hand side drivers' footwell? There may be a bad connector there - a few lights gone == bulbs but all of them gone == connector.

:
    I'd go looking at the sender end - those connectors are prone to falling off. On my TZi this is under the manifold between the alternator & the starter motor - nice & easy to get at.

Cheers,

Barry.

twm

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL

yep white strip on dials light up and icons surrounding dials some back light on slide controls for a/c on & fresh/recycle air also power window switches on doors should have light but never do because the switches are such a bitch to get out without breaking them so globes never replaced . You would also be amazed at how many globes there are behind the instrument binicale, little push in globes
    Thanks

Looks like I will have to buy a handful of bulbs and wait for a rainy day

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

twm

Quote Originally Posted by barryg
    What happens if you give the dash a bit of a hit on the left hand side drivers' footwell? There may be a bad connector there - a few lights gone == bulbs but all of them gone == connector.

I'd go looking at the sender end - those connectors are prone to falling off. On my TZi this is under the manifold between the alternator & the starter motor - nice & easy to get at.

Cheers,

Barry.

Barry take your point, probly is a connector somewhere, now to find it that is the question. I had a quick look at the aircon dials and it did not look like fun to get at them.

Hopefully it is just a connector.

PS how many 16vs you reckon are in Sydney?

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

twm

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    The aircon controls don't light up in mine, but I thought it might have been a bulb gone.

Not sure about the oil temp guage, but I know it's a prick of a job to get the binnacle off. I've had to do it a few times now.
    Maybe we should have a bulb changing day

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

They aren't that bad to change - I've done both my BXs and the worst part is getting the instrument binnacle off - after that it's pretty easy. A word of advice - change ALL your bulbs at the same time or you'll find a few that go within days of getting it all back together....the words Murphy's and Law spring to mind here....
    Cheers,
    Roscoe
    1991 BX TZD
    1990 BX 16V (x 2)
    2004 307 Touring
    1990 Mitsubishi Express Van: Alpaca Transport:

twm

Quote Originally Posted by ozziediver
    They aren't that bad to change - I've done both my BXs and the worst part is getting the instrument binnacle off - after that it's pretty easy. A word of advice - change ALL your bulbs at the same time or you'll find a few that go within days of getting it all back together....the words Murphy's and Law spring to mind here....

Yeah I know all about Murphy, he visits me from time to time.

Thanks for the advice.

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

Quote Originally Posted by barryg

Cheers,

Barry.
    Dude, that isn't the oil temp sender!! That is either the pressure sender, or the level sender.
    The oil temp sender, screws into the sump. john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Thread Information