Ethanol Fuel and CX25ie
  • Help

Default Ethanol Fuel and CX25ie

Hi Folks,

there are a couple of stations in Melbourne now selling 10% ethanol fuels in 2 varieties - a permium 98 octane and a basi 94 octane...

All the stuff I have been able to find seems to imply that 10% should be OK on injected cars (but may be an issue with Carbies)...

Any opinions? Advice?

The fuel tends to be around 5% cheaper than the standard petrol equivalents, with the bonus of being more environmentally friendly...

I have just finished running a tank of the 98 octane and "Big Cit" seems happy with it - now trying 94 octane....

Advertisement

Your comments appreciated - any reason why this could be an issue in a 1984 CX ?

thanks

David

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

I'm not pointing any fingers but on the way to Maleny a couple of years back filled up on Ethonal fuel several times in NSW's. I had fueling problems all the way home ... The Fuel Pressure Regulator had died.

I'm not saying for an instant it was the methonol, but it's very strange the first time I use the stuff I had problems ...... (most likely the fuel pressure regulator would have died at that time anyway ).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Thread Information