CX Turbo towing
  • Help

Thread: CX Turbo towing

Icon5 CX Turbo towing

Can anyone enlighten me as to towing capacity of the CX 2.5T2 and is it sensible to use the above car for towing .We do alot of towing of horse floats AS happens sometimes when the wheels have fallen of everything else but I don't want to end up with egg on my face after volunteering the services of the weird machine .I know the BX is tugging at 1000kg braked . ALSO HAVE PLACED A PRETTY PLEASE ON THE WANTED FORUM FOR WHEELS FOR THE NEW CAR 16"-17" 98MM 5 STUD ALFA 156 ?

Advertisement
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL
    Can anyone enlighten me as to towing capacity of the CX 2.5T2 and is it sensible to use the above car for towing .We do alot of towing of horse floats AS happens sometimes when the wheels have fallen of everything else but I don't want to end up with egg on my face after volunteering the services of the weird machine .I know the BX is tugging at 1000kg braked . ALSO HAVE PLACED A PRETTY PLEASE ON THE WANTED FORUM FOR WHEELS FOR THE NEW CAR 16"-17" 98MM 5 STUD ALFA 156 ?
    To legally tow a twin horse float you'll need something like a wank tank, or possibly F150 truck. A single horse float it'll handle easily. I've towed DS21ie's and all sorts of stuff on trailers behind CX's (DS21 == 1500kgs, car trailer == 850+kgs == wwwwaaaayyyy overloaded, yet tows brilliantly).

There bloody awesome towcars. From memory the DS can tow about 1800kgs, and the CX 1500kgs... Don't take my word for it, look it up as I don't want to be accused if you get pulled over for being overweight. Horses are seriously HEAVY animals. Most likely you wont have an issue with the law as a CX never really looks overloaded no matter how much overloaded it really is. You see the whole car will just self level once you drop the trailer on the towbar.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Icon14 Thanks Shane

thanks for the info .Its not like I'm intending to use this car as a truck but as you know sh..t happens and its nice to know if the car has the balls to do a job in pinch . We have the V8 jeep for the heavy drag (best thing they did putting the merc motor in that beast) and it does'nt bat an eye lid at 2500kilos actually helps to keep it on the road . One of my biggest problems is remembering to get into the right mind set before I drive the different cars some go fast- some go slow- some go around corners- some do'nt want to hoping that the CX will be the best of both worlds power and handling in the one package here's hoping
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL
    thanks for the info .Its not like I'm intending to use this car as a truck but as you know sh..t happens and its nice to know if the car has the balls to do a job in pinch . We have the V8 jeep for the heavy drag (best thing they did putting the merc motor in that beast) and it does'nt bat an eye lid at 2500kilos actually helps to keep it on the road . One of my biggest problems is remembering to get into the right mind set before I drive the different cars some go fast- some go slow- some go around corners- some do'nt want to hoping that the CX will be the best of both worlds power and handling in the one package here's hoping
    You've never driven a CX I give you a week of hating the bloody thing until you get used to it, then a lifetime complaining that no other car drives like it should

Seriously though, 2500kgs is a HUGE ask for a family car, WAY overloaded. I'm not saying it will not tow it, more like "don't get caught", and most certainly hope nothing goes wrong, if your driving something weighing 1.5tonnes and something weighing 2.5tons decides IT wants control ....

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Icon12 Risks

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron
    You've never driven a CX I give you a week of hating the bloody thing until you get used to it, then a lifetime complaining that no other car drives like it should

Seriously though, 2500kgs is a HUGE ask for a family car, WAY overloaded. I'm not saying it will not tow it, more like "don't get caught", and most certainly hope nothing goes wrong, if your driving something weighing 1.5tonnes and something weighing 2.5tons decides IT wants control ....

seeya,
    Shane L.
    I take your point shane .I'm one for calculated risks and I've got this far and still can count to ten on my fingers

The Haynes manual says "Maximum Trailer Weight" 1300kgs or 1500kgs subject to local legislation and 'Gross Train Weight' for the Turbo CX. All other CXs are 1300kgs.
    Terry

Thread Information