BX16v Which tyres work best
  • Help
    twm

Default BX16v Which tyres work best

This will be an interesting question, I have to replace the tyres on my BX16v, now which ones work the best for wet grip and wear. I had a set of michellans on an ALFA once and tested the wet weather stopping, I was doing 80k and locked the brakes, 200 meters later I was glad the lights changed. My point is that hard compounds and euro patterns may not work very well on our roads especially on light cars.

Anyone have some experienced comments, since I believe this can effect rided a great deal as well?

Advertisement

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

Terry,

I've been meaning to ask you, which 16v did you buy? Was it a red one?

I have a set of Falken Azenis RT215 on my BX. They were probably overkill, but I liked them on a WRX STi V6 I drove once. It's a budget ultra-high performance tyre. I was expecting mediocre wet performance judging by the tread pattern but they were surprisingly good in practice.

I bought mine from the temple of chrome - Tempe Tyres;

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/product...ch&part_no=298

I'll be there on Sunday if you want to check them out.

I run a couple of Falken directionals on the rear and Dunlop LeMans A5s on the rear and it works a treat.
    Michelins I was not impressed with and neither are my sons with one swapping for Falkens the other Yokohamas. The Yokos are pretty ordinary by comparison to the Falkens though.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Default Duals

Alan never tried dual tyres on the rear of a 16v how do they handle
    Cheap as chips stick like sh..t to a blanket Hankook Optima on the front . Who cares whats on the back their just there to stop the sparks They all wear out real quick if you've got heavy right foot $95 each have fun
    BX 16v 89, I Renault Floride 62, Volvo P1800 68, Aston Martin DB6 68, Daimler 250V8 68, Jaguar XJC 76, Falcon Ute XL 62, Falcon Ute XY 4WD, Jeep Grand Larado 03, Mazda 6 Wagon 05, inter 483 tractor 86, makita cordless drill CX TURBO its dented D Special 1 62 ID192000 Xantia V6 2000 Cadillac STS stolen by the princess,KANGA 720DL LOADER

twm

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    I run a couple of Falken directionals on the rear and Dunlop LeMans A5s on the rear and it works a treat.
    Michelins I was not impressed with and neither are my sons with one swapping for Falkens the other Yokohamas. The Yokos are pretty ordinary by comparison to the Falkens though.

Alan S
    OK so do you put to Falkens on one side at the rear and then the two dunlops on the Other side at the rear?

Oh and it is not a red one......

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

Quote Originally Posted by twm
    OK so do you put to Falkens on one side at the rear and then the two dunlops on the Other side at the rear?

Oh and it is not a red one......

PS. For the record, the Dunlops are on the front.

'twas not I that asked about the colour as I would more likely guess at this being a car that originated in Newcastle from a mate of mine who I know has had it for sale for a while.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

twm

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    PS. For the record, the Dunlops are on the front.

'twas not I that asked about the colour as I would more likely guess at this being a car that originated in Newcastle from a mate of mine who I know has had it for sale for a while.

Alan S
    Alan

Just being cheeky - It is a white one from that area. PM me for details if you wish.

Terry

Terry
    Kurrajong

Pug 206 CC 2litre

Thread Information