nice looking CX 'Turbo 2' at shannons sydney
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Default nice looking CX 'Turbo 2' at shannons sydney

this cx certainly looks the biz. I'm going to go have a peek at lunch!

http://www.shannons.com.au/shannons/...1?opendocument

Advertisement

I saw one of these yesterday in charcole. Looking very beaten up.

Sad too see a classic in that sort of state.

Nick
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

What a beauty! I hope it finds a good home! I think they are wrong with the engine spec though....it is exactly 2500cc, and not 2473cc as they suggest.
    Minor detail though, it's a real nice car all the same! john s
    2005 C5 2.0 VTR Hdi 138, 1986 Kawasaki GPz 750G2

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy1071
    What a beauty! I hope it finds a good home! I think they are wrong with the engine spec though....it is exactly 2500cc, and not 2473cc as they suggest.
    Minor detail though, it's a real nice car all the same! john s
    That'll be Bobs car. She's a rippa isn't it !!! (maybe oneday when I have some $$$ I'll be able to treat my CX to a paint job & general tidy up .... It'll then look almost that good too).

They'll have put down CX2400 as it's probably the only thing there computer listed.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

So the car is a known entity? I wonder how many people out there would appreciate the condition its in. Do you think it would be wrong to use it as a daily driver?

Quote Originally Posted by mmm...CORNERS
    So the car is a known entity? I wonder how many people out there would appreciate the condition its in. Do you think it would be wrong to use it as a daily driver?
    I use mine as a daily driver ... Only problem is you'll never keep a daily driver in perfect condition. ie: scatches, scrapes and carpark dents are going to happen without a doubt.

The only issue I have is leaving them baking in the sun all day. I HATE leaving my car in the sun and park 1block away from work as opposed to in our carpark so the cars shaded by a big tree (tree sap doesn't worry me, the painted on mine is buggered).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

I always own 2 Cits; one that I drive on trips and play with and one I use as a shopping trolley/farm cart/wank tank basher/tow wagon and generally have one that looks like it's hardly worth pinching and the types that normally park up close to your good car, try to leave at least half a cars width when they park next to you.
    When I had the CX (which was a doll mechanically but needed a paint job) I often came back to the car park in shopping centres to find the park almost full, but often a space on one side or sometimes both giving me clearance on their shiny toys.
    It was almost as if they knew how heavy CX doors were although in fairness, they do look heavy.
    I used a CX for every day on and off for years. They're a bit thirsty given the current price for petrol, but you rarely have problems getting pushed around by anyone or getting home regardless of weather conditions, and there's not much you can't do with them. They always seem to get you from point a to point b regardless of what may be malfunctioning, and with an incomparable amount of comfort.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Default I shouldnt have looked!!!!

Well, just got back from Shannons showroom. That CX is sweeeet. Cosmetically, excellent. It does not look nearly 20 years old. The interior is amazing. I could sleep in the drivers chair ( maybe not agood thing !) Mechanically, they said it is good. A few little things:

Auxiliary Belts have cracks and need changing
    High Idle
    Torn/cracked outer CV boots
    Corroded Brake pipes and brake wear sensor wire disconnected
    Slight rust in floor pan - inner sills. They said it shoudnt cause an issue though?
    A few minor things like, front fogs dont work, and number plate lights dont work.

Overall, this car is amazing. I'm going to register for the auction next monday....and see what happens! If theres no bidders up to about 8K I may just buy the thing.

Any volunteers to help me fix the car if I buy it thered be beers in it!!!

Also, What is the number keypad in the dash? and are they headphone sockets in the center console between the seats?

The CX really seems like its from the future. I'm dangerously tempted

Well, just got back from Shannons showroom. That CX is sweeeet. Cosmetically, excellent. It does not look nearly 20 years old. The interior is amazing. I could sleep in the drivers chair ( maybe not agood thing !) Mechanically, they said it is good. A few little things:

Auxiliary Belts have cracks and need changing
    High Idle
    Torn/cracked outer CV boots
    Corroded Brake pipes and brake wear sensor wire disconnected
    Slight rust in floor pan - inner sills. They said it shoudnt cause an issue though?
    A few minor things like, front fogs dont work, and number plate lights dont work.

Overall, this car is amazing. I'm going to register for the auction next monday....and see what happens! If theres no bidders up to about 8K I may just buy the thing.

Any volunteers to help me fix the car if I buy it thered be beers in it!!!

Also, What is the number keypad in the dash? and are they headphone sockets in the center console between the seats?

The CX really seems like its from the future. I'm dangerously tempted
    Nothing there that's any problem. I just did the driveshafts on mine. It's an easy job (unless your me and like doing everything twice), even easier if you get 4boots that fit (instead of three that fit and 1 that's 1/2mm to small, so JUST big enough to keep your trying to ages).

The keyboard in the dash will either be a anti-theft keypad (yuk!! my Xantia has that, talk about a pain in the arse having to key in the code everytime to start it), or a trip computer with complex functions you will never use. I'd need to see the buttons to know.

Fog lights.... Who needs w@nker lights, mine are aimed just like all the dunnydore utes (ie: looking for Koala's in trees). I only turn them on when I have some deadhead dazzling me with there w@nker lights.

Brake warning cables ?? Just cut them off, they'll break again before you wear the next set of pads out anyway. If you don't have the brains to check how worn your brake pads are, you don't deserve this car

I wouldn't worry about the "slight rust" it's sure to be much better than any other car that lived in the UK until 2000, you will probably find small rust holes under the headlights as well. Series II CX's don't rust at all as compared to Series I cars (unless they have spent considerable time in the salty UK).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Yeah, I figured all the fog light stuff was no issue, It's just that it was listed as one of the "fail roadworthy" items! go figure. I havent used mine in the 306 since I bought it three years ago. All the items listed were the shannons report. I wasnt worried about them, but thought it might highlight potential problems

I looked as hard as i could (couldnt look under he car) but the only rust i could see was a tiny bit behind the headlights, only cosmetic at that.
    The wheels and tyres are in prime comdition. That is a question though, do you need to change the wheels to get tyres easily. The tyres were 220/50 R39 ???

Yeah, I figured all the fog light stuff was no issue, It's just that it was listed as one of the "fail roadworthy" items! go figure. I havent used mine in the 306 since I bought it three years ago. All the items listed were the shannons report. I wasnt worried about them, but thought it might highlight potential problems

I looked as hard as i could (couldnt look under he car) but the only rust i could see was a tiny bit behind the headlights, only cosmetic at that.
    The wheels and tyres are in prime comdition. That is a question though, do you need to change the wheels to get tyres easily. The tyres were 220/50 R39 ???
    There 390mm TRX wheels. Best place for them is the back corner of your shed where you can pull them out of Concours. Other than that, chuck a nice looking set of 15 or 16" wheels under it and buy cheap tires (that will work a lot better than TRX's).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

cool, that would be an easy fix. We shall see what happens on monday

Icon11 Do'nt Bid Do'nt Bid

All this interest in this car is getting me worried .I've got my fingers crossed that all the comments are just hot air . We need a turbo in WA in my garage .
    Quick question 16" wheels how where what fits and are they readily available .
    Also shannons is being a bit slack on getting back to me on transport cost and options from sale to Perth WA any ideas from the forum

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL
    All this interest in this car is getting me worried .I've got my fingers crossed that all the comments are just hot air . We need a turbo in WA in my garage .
    Quick question 16" wheels how where what fits and are they readily available .
    Also shannons is being a bit slack on getting back to me on transport cost and options from sale to Perth WA any ideas from the forum
    I'll buy it for ya, for 6K, then in a years time drive it to perth for you, and then you can give me the 6K and a plane ticket

But seriously, are you bidding?

This car belonged to a NSWCCC member as far as I knew. I knew it was being sold though.

Icon12 Yes

YES but i've got my limits if I put a list of the projects I have already in the workshop you'd think I'm crazier than my part time girlfriend does .CAN ONLY AFFORD A PART TIME ONE with all these cars to rub myself up against.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHRIVAL
    YES but i've got my limits if I put a list of the projects I have already in the workshop you'd think I'm crazier than my part time girlfriend does .CAN ONLY AFFORD A PART TIME ONE with all these cars to rub myself up against.
    hahaha, Ive actually got approval from my girlfriend. She said as long as its more comfy than my 306!!!! I didnt think the Koni's made it that hard?

hahaha, Ive actually got approval from my girlfriend. She said as long as its more comfy than my 306!!!! I didnt think the Koni's made it that hard?
    I'd keep the poogoe as well... It can be the one that sits out baking in the sun everyday at work and get bashed up in carparks, and keep the *real* car as your 2nd car that you use for everything else

seeya
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Is this the one from the Avon Dam cruise last year? If so, it's in seriously nice condition.

I'm sure I've got some pics of it around somewhere.

Tristan, how much money are you expecting to spend a year in maintenance?

Found some pics.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nice looking CX 'Turbo 2' at shannons sydney-cx1.jpg   nice looking CX 'Turbo 2' at shannons sydney-cx2.jpg   nice looking CX 'Turbo 2' at shannons sydney-cx3.jpg   nice looking CX 'Turbo 2' at shannons sydney-cx4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by macquered
    Is this the one from the Avon Dam cruise last year? If so, it's in seriously nice condition.

Not much is my guess.

In the last 8years we have probably spent $2000bux on mine. $800 of that was buying in a heap of parts(including an injection computer) that are now sitting on the shelf in my shed.

Lets see: injector seals $3.00bux
    lower ball joints x 2 $40.00 (ebay purchases for about 3pounds)
    top ball joints x 2 $45.00 (ebay again)
    lower arm bushes x2 $70.00
    Tires x 5 $650
    wheels $600 (6years ago)
    rear arm bearings x 4 $120
    brake pads front & back $40bux (ebay again)
    Engine mounts $30bux (to rebuild)
    New sphere x 6 $55aud each

Not a huge amount of $$$$ when you consider were talking 8years ownership (2years of which Dad had it stored in his shed).

Now recently I purchased $1000 of parts that someone imported from the UK. Amongst this was two turbo chargers, intercooler, clutches, cranks, pistons, injector sets, hydraulics pumps ... ie: heaps of parts. I can sell some of these parts off and easily make the $1000bux back.

From this I have used the clucth.

So recent times we have:

--crank seal (while I'm there) $56bux
    --cam seal (while I'm there) $9.50
    --Thrust bearing $50bux
    --driveshaft boots (x 4) $60bux (while I'm there again)
    --bearings (while I'm there) $39 spigot, driveshaft intermediate, rad fans, camshaft carrier.

So were are upto quite a few $$$..... However how much has it cost to run something like a poogoe 306 for the last 8years (they appear to need ball joints and stuff at very few km's --as opposed to 136,000 MILES like my car).

Really in the last 8years, we have done the ball joints and clutch, the only reason the clutch is need is because my grandfather burnt the sh!t out of it a couple of years back.

Really expensive motoring these cars

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

I've already spent nearly double that amount on just servicing the Xsara. (No parts, just regular service!)
    407 3.0L Exclusive (2007)

Expert 2.0L (2009)

Laguna 2.0L dCi (2007)

Found some pics.....
    thats the one.

Well, maintainence bills would be expected but they wont scare me off.

After owning the 306 for 3 years have spent too much on mods, but barely any thing in actual maintenence. At least I have it out of my system

Unlike Shane, I cannot do my own mechanical work. A talent I would love, as it is, I can draw a car, but cant fix one!

I figure, in reality, IF I bought the car, I would own it for a couple of years, keep it as clean as possible, do many, many kays in it and enjoy it. And pay whatever it cost to keep it going well.

It's a beaut car, but are you sure you can handle the commitment? It might seem like a good idea at the time, but these things can quickly turn into a nightmare. You have the backup of Aussiefrogs and the CCC, but when things turn tricky I found that I had to resort to various $80/hour mechanics. Even with discount prices and net bargains I found I was running my car at $1 per km.

I'd hate to put a dampener on things but please don't let people tell you it would be cheap to run.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread Information