Re in carnation of the 2CV
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member Nil Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Altona, Vic
    Posts
    114

    Icon14 Re in carnation of the 2CV

    Greetings follow the link below to an interesting article from today's Auto Express

    Advertisement


    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/58...is_reborn.html

    Cheers
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

  2. #2
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,918

    Default

    What huge overhang. Its massive. Love the design though. Wonder if it will have the old style 2cv suspension?

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    1,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    What huge overhang. Its massive.
    Yeah well we know you like 'em well hung Daniel
    Last edited by graham66; 8th July 2005 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Added a laughing smiley

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Time
    Greetings follow the link below to an interesting article from today's Auto Express

    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/58...is_reborn.html

    Cheers


    Just MHO, but it is everythingthat the 2CV wasn't.

    It's flash, a little vulgar, and expensive.

    The Mini and the Beetle all over again, no real connection with the original, just a smart arse marketing plan.

    Mike Brown

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts zykyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Time
    Greetings follow the link below to an interesting article from today's Auto Express

    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/58...is_reborn.html

    Cheers
    Is that an old article?? I am sure that pic was around a couple of years ago???
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12


    In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

  6. #6
    Member Nil Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Altona, Vic
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    Is that an old article?? I am sure that pic was around a couple of years ago???

    I am not sure if it is an old article or not - but it was in yesterday auto-express.

    Cheers
    Tony - '04 C2 - Black
    '02 Triumph Sprint ST
    '05 Vespa PX200e

  7. #7
    1000+ Posts CHRI'S16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Just MHO, but it is everythingthat the 2CV wasn't.

    It's flash, a little vulgar, and expensive.

    The Mini and the Beetle all over again, no real connection with the original, just a smart arse marketing plan.

    Mike Brown
    I agree mike, (except the original 2cv was seen as a little vulgar in certain parts of the world ).
    My home continent, South America; the old 2CV was/is by far THE MOST common french car, thats counting the hundred's of 404 taxis too!
    It was affectinally known as a (in spanish) Citroneta, which is kind off a cutesy name for em... - Chris
    ... ptui!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Adelaide SA
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    I agree mike, (except the original 2cv was seen as a little vulgar in certain parts of the world ).
    My home continent, South America; the old 2CV was/is by far THE MOST common french car, thats counting the hundred's of 404 taxis too!
    It was affectinally known as a (in spanish) Citroneta, which is kind off a cutesy name for em... - Chris

    You aught to ship some over here (Australia), you'd make a fortune.

    As for being "vulgar", some people have no taste.

    One of the few true classics IMHO.

    Mike Brown

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •